Sponsored by:

Blowing Off Steam

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 11:16 PM
Volnomad
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Blowing Off Steam

Wow, what a pitiful performance by the Broncos.

I need to blow it out in the 911. I doubt I'm the only one who finds these cars to be a great remedy for stress and bad moods. Who can stay mad with the sweet sound of that flat six roaring behind his head??

Old 02-02-2014, 11:36 PM
PhilD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I expected no more from the Broncos. I thought they were lucky tonight, they should have been down more. The last good drive of a Bronco was from OJ :-)

Flat six therapy definitely works wonders, but it does need some help to make it roar :-)
Old 02-02-2014, 11:44 PM
Ejcarrera
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Omaha, Omaha, make it a long run after that performance.

Works every time!
Old 02-02-2014, 11:49 PM
Captsteve123
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, a hard drive in a 911 can relieve stress, but don't take it out on the car, and it was not the cars fault the Bronco's suck! They deserved the loss, for dropping Tebow!
Yep, I'm a Tebow fan and they should have kept and worked with him under Manning!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:59 AM
Comanche_699
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Regarding the Broncos, I honestly expected a total shut out, and was actually disappointed when they managed the one TD. The Seahawks really went after it this year, and they brought their A Game to the field today.

Yes, the Porsche is the ultimate therapist. For me once the oil is warmed up, there's really no problem that doesn't simply disappear in the sound of those pipes roaring through the redwoods.

- dan
Old 02-03-2014, 08:55 AM
Volnomad
Racer

Congrats to the Northwest Seahawk fan Rennlisters. Seattle brought their A game. Denver basically looked like a sand lot team. No way there is that much difference between the two teams, but there was last night. Good thing I'm really a Colts fan. Still, I was pulling for Manning to get the silly media off his back. He had no chance last night.

Enhanced exhaust or not, the 911 makes me feel better every time.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Another boring Super Bowl game. Over the years there were some good games and bad games but at least the commercials were generally good. This year the game stunk and the commercials stunk. I am glad I did not submit myself to the entire game. I would like to drive my car as well but we are getting another snow dump.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:26 AM
Volnomad
Racer

Originally Posted by Fahrer
Another boring Super Bowl game. Over the years there were some good games and bad games but at least the commercials were generally good. This year the game stunk and the commercials stunk. I am glad I did not submit myself to the entire game. I would like to drive my car as well but we are getting another snow dump.
Fahrer, we have a lot of NJ evacuees in the Carolinas. Head on down!
Old 02-03-2014, 10:39 AM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Captsteve123
Yes, a hard drive in a 911 can relieve stress, but don't take it out on the car, and it was not the cars fault the Bronco's suck! They deserved the loss, for dropping Tebow!
Yep, I'm a Tebow fan and they should have kept and worked with him under Manning!
+1
Old 02-03-2014, 12:36 PM
tbrom
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best thing about that game were the commercials! I was hoping that Manning could have won the day just as an exclamation point to his career. Just wasn't to be the Seahawks were on it and their defense really shut the Broncos down! When you shut the QB down you shut the team down and they were on the ends like no bodies business. The Seahawks were not to be denied and obviously the better team. So it goes - wish I had a 911 drive....oh well ....soon.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

The Seahawks have a tremendous defensive team--the Bronco receivers were simply stopped in their tracks if and when they were able to hold onto a pass. Talk about every call going against them! Go Seattle!
Old 02-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Lived in Seattle for 10 years, from the mid-80's till the mid-90's, I have to congratulate them on their first franchise championship! They were simply the better team by far on the day when it mattered most.

Speaking of commercials, that Jaguar F-Type Coupe looked pretty dang good!!! It has my attention way more than the convertable.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Captsteve123
No way, Bronco's sucks but Tebow sucks more, he's been playing QB since high school and still can't throw, you can't change his throwing mechanics, his inability to read offenses/defense, his inability to find open receivers, his instinct to run, his accuracy or lack of, I could go on and on. I live in Denver so I am a Denver Bronco fan. I could not watch him play, throwing 10 feet above the receivers heads, scrambling all day long to gain two yards. I rarely missed a second of the game but when he was the QB, I only tuned in for the 4th quarter. He was lucky, Bronco's D kept it close most of the time. I honestly don't know what Tebow fans sees in him. He can't play the game and everyone not a Tebow fan can see that.

Congrats to the Seahawks, well deserved, they'd played extremely well. I have a whole new respect for that defense. I actually thought it was going to be a blowout but Denver on top. Boy was I wrong. Good job in winning your first SB.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Captsteve123
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well the only thing we agree on is Porsche cars and congrats to The Seahawks!
Old 02-06-2014, 08:40 AM
cvtbenhogan
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

The NFC is simply better with a big edge in talent. San Fran would have crushed them as well. The Seattle defensive was dominant, reminded me of our 85 bears.

Quick Reply: Blowing Off Steam