Sponsored by:

Leather Seat Care

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 03:33 PM
tomc66
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lvt19672
Where is the best place to purchase these products?
I got mine on EBAY.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:51 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Lvt19672
Where is the best place to purchase these products?
I bought my Leatherique from http://www.leatherique.com/
They had a sale going and were the cheapest I could find.

I also like http://www.detailedimage.com/
Old 02-06-2014, 11:13 PM
hot nikon
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No votes for Zymol?

Damp cloth to clean, then Zymol.

Leatherique seems to be popular.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:12 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by hot nikon
No votes for Zymol?

Just purchased Leatherique and used it on the leather in my wife's new car. The dye from her blue jeans rubbed off on the light tan leather. Leatherique cleaned it off completely. The next time she wore the jeans, the blue rubbed off again. Leatherique cleaned it off completely... again.

She was leaving for school today, wearing... you guessed it.... jeans. I gave her a towel to put on the seat. She just doesn't get it! That, however, is a completely different topic for a thread of its own!
Old 02-07-2014, 12:44 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hot nikon
No votes for Zymol?

I like zymol, especially the scent, but moved on to the Sonax foam cleaner.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:45 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 458 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Just purchased Leatherique and used it on the leather in my wife's new car. The dye from her blue jeans rubbed off on the light tan leather. Leatherique cleaned it off completely. The next time she wore the jeans, the blue rubbed off again. Leatherique cleaned it off completely... again.

She was leaving for school today, wearing... you guessed it.... jeans. I gave her a towel to put on the seat. She just doesn't get it! That, however, is a completely different topic for a thread of its own!
When are you starting that thread…….I'll be on the look out for it!

Tom
Old 02-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 258 Posts

I also use Sonax foam. Good stuff
Old 02-09-2014, 03:30 PM
tomc66
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I started this thread. So many people recommended Leatherique, that I purchased a two part kit on EBAY. This stuff really works! My Beige seats have never looked so good. I had a few light stains on the seats that I could not previously get out. The Leatherique removed the stains completely. The leather on the seats now even feels better. Thanks guys for recommending this product.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:49 PM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts

I use Zaino' s 2 products. The cleaner and the conditioner. The smell is so awesome good.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Chrono
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You know.. these inexpensive grocery store brands did a fine job for me yesterday.. 5 parts warm DI water to 1 part Detail Magic Leather Cleaner, followed by Meguiars Gold Class leather conditioner. Seats were very thirsty and they soaked up the conditioner quickly. They look great. And my hands have never been softer.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:21 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by tomc66
I started this thread. So many people recommended Leatherique, that I purchased a two part kit on EBAY. This stuff really works! My Beige seats have never looked so good. I had a few light stains on the seats that I could not previously get out. The Leatherique removed the stains completely. The leather on the seats now even feels better. Thanks guys for recommending this product.
I'm glad you tried Leatherique. Its great stuff
Old 02-15-2014, 09:09 AM
China Frank
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TIP for my RL sisters & Brothers -> Before the Porsche mania, I used to ride horse. Since most of the horse riding material is pure leather and threaded with horse saddle grease, starting from day 1 I only use saddle grease to treat the seats dash and other 997 leather interior parts, great & long lasting result guaranteed
Old 02-15-2014, 09:36 AM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Is saddle grease same Ae saddle soap? I don't recall specifically why now, but recall reading comments against using saddle soap on car seats, possibly about pH values.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:17 AM
China Frank
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aviography
Is saddle grease same Ae saddle soap? I don't recall specifically why now, but recall reading comments against using saddle soap on car seats, possibly about pH values.
aviography, thx for the input. Just double checked the container of the grease I'm using. The product is natural based.
Since most of the leather parts in horse riding are in direct contact with the head and body of the animal (and in the specialized horse riding shop they only sell 1 kind of grease which may be used for all leather materials), I have no concern that anything is added in the product which may irritate the horse.
So my motto is, if it doesn't harm / irritate the horse, my car seats shall also be fine
Old 02-15-2014, 10:52 AM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by China Frank
aviography, thx for the input. Just double checked the container of the grease I'm using. The product is natural based.
Since most of the leather parts in horse riding are in direct contact with the head and body of the animal (and in the specialized horse riding shop they only sell 1 kind of grease which may be used for all leather materials), I have no concern that anything is added in the product which may irritate the horse.
So my motto is, if it doesn't harm / irritate the horse, my car seats shall also be fine
Just a link on using saddle soap on car seats, http://www.autogeek.net/nosasopl.html , there are other links on the web advising against this, however I felt Autogeek.net is more reputable than just a Yahoo Answer It type sites.

Having said that I also saw posts people swears up and down on saddle soap for car seats, so use at your own risk.

Quick Reply: Leather Seat Care