Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice needed: Thinking of parting with my C4S

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 12:16 AM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know your circumstances and next car desired but your car sounds like a keeper.

Looks like some good advice above, but I would add that the $XXX sticker price and such is irrelevant - highly optioned cars get hit harder in terms of % and don't carry much premium when reselling.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:39 PM
docfink
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by yemenmocha
I don't know your circumstances and next car desired but your car sounds like a keeper.

Looks like some good advice above, but I would add that the $XXX sticker price and such is irrelevant - highly optioned cars get hit harder in terms of % and don't carry much premium when reselling.
I get what you and @goatfarmerdave are saying...Luckily, as the second owner, my hit won't be as bad as the guy who bought it. Regardless, it is a special car, and I've made no decision yet.

I don't know if I completely agree with the "irrelevance" of the original sticker, or options. While I agree that you never get back what you pay for originally, as I mentioned, the major hit was already taken. Also, while some people just want to be seen in a Porsche, some of us (myself included) look for and find particular options. For instance, while some might scoff at a full leather interior, for me it's a necessity in a car worth well over $100K, and with not the greatest interior in the first place. It just makes it that much more special. Some people value certain options, and will pay a bit more.

That being said, I get what you're saying, and I'll see how things play out, especially because this isn't car-selling season.

Quick Reply: Advice needed: Thinking of parting with my C4S