Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fpena944
Here is the only true Porsche, the 1958 tractor:
Open wheels, like a "real" race car
Old 11-04-2013, 11:35 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

So if the 997 is a blonde, and my 991 is a brunette, I'm not kicking either one of them outa my bed.

I was just sharing the Ken Garff comparison pics with a buddy and I told him I still think the 997 is a better looking car and he is arguing it's not.

Everyone has their opinions. How f*cking boring would everything be if we all liked the same thing?
Old 11-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fpena944
You are all wrong!

Here is the only true Porsche, the 1958 tractor:

Lamborghini started like that also!!!!
Old 01-30-2014, 02:13 AM
Richard Williams
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,
I got my 991 911 Turbo S last month. I had to let go of Mary, my 996 turbo coupe '03 and Jezzabel my 997 Turbo Coupe '07. With all the cold air, springs, GIAC chips, racing plenum's etc. I still loved them both but Jezzabel was like a house with rockets and the 996 Turbo was better all the way....

Now Deseree, she's difficult to really describe yet... SO FAST that you're not really getting up to the speed she's already flying. Different getting used to the paddle shifting instead of manual, but I'm getting there... very quiet, impossible to roll down your window and not get echo's of air because of the new aerodynamic probably ... definitely a new can of worms... But I have a feeling I'll get used to and love Deseree... just a different kind of Turbo... Beautiful, needs the carbon rear diffuser and carbon air intakes, and the spoiler in the back which is always up would look better with a tasteful replacement.... I got the Rhodium silver and I'll post when I can. I just came back since I'd love to hear others response to their new 991 911 Turbo too! Thanks so much for being here too! I love em too and it's ridiculous!

Richard
Old 01-30-2014, 02:47 AM
carbonGT
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats Richard...start a new thread with Deseree and some pictures later.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:46 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcusG
So if the 997 is a blonde, and my 991 is a brunette, I'm not kicking either one of them outa my bed....
But the brunette has bigger ****!
Old 01-30-2014, 10:55 AM
Richard Williams
Track Day

Hi everyone,

I finally made it back to the blog!
Well, my 997 Turbo Coupe. Jezzablel was a dream... But she still drove like a house on rockets compared to my 996 turbo coupe and my new 991 turbo coupe which I got last month is a real piece of work!

O.K.

Now... The speed is so incredible that some of the fun getting up to the speed is just not there. From the start the speed is so incredible that you're going 93 by the time you would be going 78 in the 997. The paddle shifting is definitely not manual, but you can get used to it... learning the basic time and sound of the rpm's to start judging when and where.... The 2nd gear is all around town and the 3rd gear is where you will mostly be driving on faster streets. you have to go 62 before the 3rd gear or you're in 3000 rpm's.

You can't roll your window down either! The aerodynamics are now where you'll feel like you're getting sucked out the window with a terrible kind of popping in your ears since I guess she's not really made for such casual driving....

Instead of being more careful... definitely in the 8=997! The 991 is so computerized it's like driving in an F-16 by wire. Not that this is really bad, but the challenge is just not there anymore...

Since you'll be having the front and rear spoiler extended it's obvious that you'd rather have a rear spoiler that doesn't have the obviously 'extended' support that looks like it should be down instead of up. The side supports get thinner for the rear spoiler so the aesthetics are not as nice... Just my opinion.

Carbon rear diffuser and carbon air intakes and maybe some chrome mesh for the front and side air intakes would probably balance it a little. They should've done a better looking color or consistency for the side air intakes and carbon will probably look better. I still owe 127,000.00 so yes.. she is expensive, but there is really no more after this one!

You're really driving a race car and it's obvious. Quieter, more steady, safer and a lot faster is how this baby is.

Deseree is her name and I'll post some pictures when they give me permission. Who else go one and let's here from them!

Thanks,
Richard
Old 01-30-2014, 10:56 AM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by socalsteve
Wow, angry much?

I never said it wasn't a real 911. To the contrary, its beautiful and refined and an amazing vehicle. I will say it again...To me, it is lacking something. Its too refined, too business man like, not at all raw.

And, I am entitled to my opinion without being yelled at, yes? I had a choice and I chose a 2012 997...because it lacked that level of refinement.

You chose what makes you happy.
I agree with this. I had the same choice and chose my GTS cab. When driving the 991, I felt it was trying to be more of a Panamera than a Carrera. The car I bought felt more visceral to me and the 991 felt more like a touring car. The 991 felt better driving on the highway but I primarily use my fun cars for spirited back country twisty road driving.

Both are exceptional cars. My GTS just hit what I was looking for better.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:01 AM
Richard Williams
Track Day

Carbon GT

Thanks, since I'm back I tried to post a couple of pictures but I couldn't .... I'm not exactly the top of the knowledge on this site either!

I also found out really fast that NO ONE has anything except ART for these yet and they're stuff is simply too 'out there' for me. I talked to Ray at ROTEch carbon and he's already working on carbon diffuser, air intakes, front carbon slats and rocker panels for the sides too.... I still miss Mary, my 996 Turbo Coupe. Smaller, quicker, more carnal and more malleable and my most beautiful 997 Turbo, Jezzabell was the best looking outside, but compared to the 996 she was like a house on rockets... The beautiful wide rear and the narrow front just didn't deliver all the beauty she deserved... even with springs, cold air, plenum, GIAC chip... she was oh so fast but still you could tell she could be dangerous because the gripping just wasn't anywhere near the 996 and or especially the 991!

Miss em both, but I still love my new Deseree!

Richard

Quick Reply: Your impressions ( driving) the 991...