Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advise on my new car purchase please

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 02:01 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 165 Posts

Urrrp. I just gagged a little into my mouth. 186K for a normally aspirated P car?! How much did this dealership make on this poor person?? It will be a beautiful car...
J
Old 10-11-2013, 02:24 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 454 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Congrats, Explorer!! Are you by chance looking for a stay-at-home car detailer? Pool boy? Does not matter if you don't even have a pool. I could be interested.
Some people have questioned the legitimacy of the poster in this thread. I have NO idea... could just as easily be legit as someone having fun... If legit, no offense is meant. If having fun, good deal!

But for someone to state the above.... seems... um...

Let me put it in simple terms. This is the internet. We have no idea if OP is "A" or "B" below:
Attached Images   
Old 10-11-2013, 02:58 AM
87turbo911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Explorer7
"My Thanks" to the nice replies.. I truly appreciate each and every one of them!!!

I just don't get why people have to post mean things? I know I sound like a damn teenager.. But hell, is this really necessary?

Its odd enough being here as a female.. I want to learn about my car and Porsche in general... The more I read, the more I am in love with my car. I don’t see anything wrong with that.

Are you proud of yourself, Tough Guy? Did it make you feel good? Is a there need to be mean and be the bully of the Porsche forum because you can hide behind your avatar and made up name?

In my opinion, your giving, what is truly the classiest car classy car out there, a bad name.

I am not pretending to be anything I am not.. Admitting, I am fairly clueless when it comes to the mechanics etc.

But I tell you one thing, ..I am a damn good driver!
Educated on the Autobahn, I know how to handle myself behind the wheel. It is the biggest thing I miss about Germany.... to truly drive your heart out.
To get into your car and exit 4 hours later to have breakfast in Paris.
Just for the hell of it… because you just wanted to drive…

I am not sure, I am up to the spiteful remarks.. Its actually quite disheartening and takes away from my happiness to be able to buy a car with my own hard earned money. Go ahead and joke.. but no financing, leasing or cc debt here!
If I can’t afford it, I will not own it, and I will also not make myself crazy reading all up on something that is far out of my reach. (A little trick that has helped me stay out of debt)
I don't understand why people have this need to rain on other peoples' parades...and to be so rude when they do it. And we wonder why some people have a negative impression of Porsche owners (ref: the joke about the difference between a cactus and a Porsche).

Side note: Looking up pricing on the 2014 911, it doesn't look far off considering she ordered a C4S with a lot of options selected.

I'm happy for Explorer's purchase. I'm happy for her that she has the means to buy her dream car (and pay in cash up front no less). Would I pay for a car up front? No...but I'm not going to be rude to her because she did. Would I pay that much for a car? No...but that's because I'm cheap. Do I even have the means to make such a purchase? No...but I don't begrudge her having it- in fact, I admire it.

For me, it gets really tiring to see so much unsolicited negativity in response to someone's happiness. I see enough "Debbie Downer" types on Facebook and Twitter and I'd hope Porsche people could be more positive (intended near-alliteration) or, at least, supportive. Don't get me wrong- I think constructive criticism is a good thing but there's no need to be a jerk about it.

PS- Congratulations on your car! I hope to see "Day 1" pics!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:16 AM
Explorer7
Instructor

Originally Posted by 87turbo911
I don't understand why people have this need to rain on other peoples' parades...and to be so rude when they do it. And we wonder why some people have a negative impression of Porsche owners (ref: the joke about the difference between a cactus and a Porsche).

Side note: Looking up pricing on the 2014 911, it doesn't look far off considering she ordered a C4S with a lot of options selected.

I'm happy for Explorer's purchase. I'm happy for her that she has the means to buy her dream car (and pay in cash up front no less). Would I pay for a car up front? No...but I'm not going to be rude to her because she did. Would I pay that much for a car? No...but that's because I'm cheap. Do I even have the means to make such a purchase? No...but I don't begrudge her having it- in fact, I admire it.

For me, it gets really tiring to see so much unsolicited negativity in response to someone's happiness. I see enough "Debbie Downer" types on Facebook and Twitter and I'd hope Porsche people could be more positive (intended near-alliteration) or, at least, supportive. Don't get me wrong- I think constructive criticism is a good thing but there's no need to be a jerk about it.

PS- Congratulations on your car! I hope to see "Day 1" pics!
Thank you so much for your post.. I appreciate it very much..

I had a long reply all typed up and ended up deleting it all for obvious reasons..
Old 10-11-2013, 09:13 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Always best to just put the negative commentators on ignore and not engage them because they want you to get upset and respond.

I too am looking forward to pics (with you in the pilot seat) and I too look forward to seeing you on the Bay Area roads!

Good luck waiting!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 997xpress
Jeez guys - Cut her some slack already.

Any woman joining the 911 ownership club (especially with a nice new C4S) is a good thing!

Agree, but we have no indication who Explorer7 is, gender or otherwise. That's Celine Dion on the Picture, I do not know who Explorer7 is, do you? Could be Jabba the Hutt for all I know.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cuda911
Some people have questioned the legitimacy of the poster in this thread. I have NO idea... could just as easily be legit as someone having fun... If legit, no offense is meant. If having fun, good deal!

But for someone to state the above.... seems... um...

Let me put it in simple terms. This is the internet. We have no idea if OP is "A" or "B" below:
+++++100% Agree
Old 10-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Explorer7
Instructor

Originally Posted by Augustomf
Agree, but we have no indication who Explorer7 is, gender or otherwise. That's Celine Dion on the Picture, I do not know who Explorer7 is, do you? Could be Jabba the Hutt for all I know.
Are you crazy!?
Thats me in the damn picture.. not Celine Dion!!!.. This is getting ridiculous.. Can't win, can I?
I am getting really pissed.. .. thanks a lot!!
Old 10-11-2013, 12:57 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Ignore him. Just a new troll.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:36 PM
SFZ GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 60 Posts

Are you crazy!?
Thats me in the damn picture.. not Celine Dion!!!.. This is getting ridiculous.. Can't win, can I?
Explorer7, I want to add my support and enthusiasm for you, and let you know that I am EXCITED for you in getting the Porsche of your dreams. I've been "Porsche-less" for about 6 months, but not after tomorrow. I'll be picking up a 2007 997 Cobalt Blue C2S tomorrow and am as excited as I was when I bought my first P car over 40 years ago.

Like you, i grew up admiring, dreaming about and lusting after anything Porsche. I was fortunate enough to get my first one in the late 60's......and the beat goes on to this day.

Please, please don't let the haters, idiots, and jealous jokers get you down. You dreamed the dream, acted on it, persevered, and will be rewarded. Doesn't get any better than that (except for delivery day!!)

You've been thru the worst of it, now just learn while you wait, ignore the ignorant and anticipate that great day coming soon.

Heartfelt good wishes to you!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:29 PM
andrewinla
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the white looks much better than Agate in person.
Have a neighbor with each color 991.
I always rush to the window and hope to see the white one and it is striking.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Explorer7
Instructor

Originally Posted by CarreraX
Ignore him. Just a new troll.
Working on it.. Need to grow thicker skin.. o

Originally Posted by SFZ GT3
Explorer7, I want to add my support and enthusiasm for you, and let you know that I am EXCITED for you in getting the Porsche of your dreams. I've been "Porsche-less" for about 6 months, but not after tomorrow. I'll be picking up a 2007 997 Cobalt Blue C2S tomorrow and am as excited as I was when I bought my first P car over 40 years ago.

Like you, i grew up admiring, dreaming about and lusting after anything Porsche. I was fortunate enough to get my first one in the late 60's......and the beat goes on to this day.

Please, please don't let the haters, idiots, and jealous jokers get you down. You dreamed the dream, acted on it, persevered, and will be rewarded. Doesn't get any better than that (except for delivery day!!)

You've been thru the worst of it, now just learn while you wait, ignore the ignorant and anticipate that great day coming soon.

Heartfelt good wishes to you!
Thank you.. it means a lot to me!

Congratulations on C2S! I will be looking for a thread with pictures..

Last time I remember being this excited about Christmas time, was when I was a small kid.. The wait is really difficult.. so I am doing all kinds of things to distract myself.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Explorer7
Instructor

Originally Posted by andrewinla
I think the white looks much better than Agate in person.
Have a neighbor with each color 991.
I always rush to the window and hope to see the white one and it is striking.
White is very nice.. I like to see them too, but not what I wanted to own in the long run. The Agate is much more me..
Old 10-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 454 Likes on 293 Posts

To flog this dead horse...

"That's me in the damn picture.. not Celine Dion!!!"
Maybe, maybe not. No way to know. Just ask Manti Te'o.

Could still just as easily be A or B.
Attached Images   
Old 10-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Are you crazy!?
If so, then I extend my most sincere apologies. And again I reiterate that both white and grey cars look fantastic.

Check the two pages below

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...errerid=137516

These are my babies, first one had to sell (moved), second one I enjoy every day! Can tell you that both color are just great. Go to page 4 of the thread.
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...errerid=137516

Quick Reply: Advise on my new car purchase please