Advise on my new car purchase please

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 04:09 PM
PHX 911
Official Rennlist Snake Slayer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is a beautiful car.
Super that things have worked out in your favor.
Post some pictures of it when you get it!
Old 09-21-2013, 12:04 AM
Explorer7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PHX 911
That is a beautiful car.
Super that things have worked out in your favor.
Post some pictures of it when you get it!
Thank you .. I definetley will.. December is a long ways away.. until then, I will do some reading on this forum

Originally Posted by seapar
I am glad it is all going to work out for you. Enjoy your new car when it arrives. Hang on to it for a long time now.
Thank you so much.. I plan to ..

Originally Posted by stumil
On my, that's one hell of a great looking car! That is going to be fun on every possible level! The eight week wait is going to be brutal. Try not to second guess yourself on your option selections too many times during the wait - you'll just make yourself crazy. One thing you can be sure of - you didn't leave anything out. BTW, when the car arrives and you see it for the first time, the bad experience with the dealer will be quickly forgotten. Welcome to the club!
Thank you so much.. I am thrilled! I really look forward to getting to know it..
and I am pretty happy with my selection.. only thing I was debating and did not get was the door designation..

Originally Posted by david
Yes it is...if you are ever lost in the North Bay arnd want to upstage the local P-car population with that beauty, please do raise your hand.

I suspect that the only thing your 911 is missing is you!

Happy waiting...very glad that you stood your ground and Rector did the right thing!!!
ha ha ah.. yes for sure.. I am positive they would not have owned up to it, if it were not for me contacting porsche directly..
As far as they are concerned, my opinion has not changed.. they just got caught with their pants down.. But I am super happy it turned out ok..
They really had me and knew it.

Originally Posted by BIG smoke
I'm sorry I still have issue with you paying in full for a car that has not arrived. One month, two months, or more. How do they have payment in full? Who has the money? Rector Motor Company? Do you have a receipt? Have they applied the funds to your car's serial number? I don't think the dealer should be sitting on this pile of cash. I think you should get a receipt from Porsche themselves if your car is indeed paid in full. I have seen lots of dealers launder new car money, for used car purchasing, and then reselling them on their used lot. Great use of your 186 large for the 2-3 months wait.
Get a receipt from Porsche corporate, no photoshopped documents from the dealer.
My 2 ₵
Protect yours.
Yes they did.. but it is all solved now.. I even got my receipt (looks kinda funny though) the car I actually paid for, is what I am getting .. December delivery not February..
Interesting tip with that receipt.. I might just respond to corporate and ask for it.

Originally Posted by CarreraX
Great looking car. Can you get the rear lettering in black as well?
There is a model destination on the back.. but you don't get to pick the color.. The side doors I did not get but was debating..
order is complete though, so no more changes.

Originally Posted by 87turbo911
Nice! Glad it worked out though, I admit, I'd have balked on paying in full up front myself as well!
Happy to know that I am not the only one..

Originally Posted by Mark Harris
Herzlichen Glückwunsch. Ich bin froh, dass es alle arbeiten für Sie heraus. Ich glaube, Sie waren zu 100% richtig, dass sie intially nahm eine harte Linie auf dem weißen Auto, so dass sie den Verkauf in einer früheren Periode bekommen konnte. Wenn Sie Ihren Boden stand Sie gewonnen.
Dankeschoen Ich wollte auf jeden fall fur das kaempfen was mir zusteht.
Aber ohne die hilfe von Porsche direct, haette waer ich nicht weit gekommen.
Ich freue mich schon.. das auto muesste bei Weihnachten da sein.

Originally Posted by kkswow12
sub'd...can't wait to see the pics that will be posted upon arrival of the traum auto...tschuss/cheers
Me too.. there will be plenty.. I promise to share them. Auf jeden fall ein traum auto.. Es ist schon etwas sehr besonderes.

Originally Posted by alexb76
I am glad they sorted this all out and you are getting what you should spending 186K!!!

Now to my earlier point, I honestly think you have over-optioned this car. Can you modify the options now, or too late?
I know.. I am so glad it worked out. I really did not need that, the negativity and the upset to find myself treated that way..
I am very happy the week is over.
It is too late to make any changes.. I am pretty happy with the options. I know there are some that are not so much needed, but I thought that it will help keep up the overall value of the car. Since I do plan to have it for a long time, why not get it loaded.. Later, I might regret not adding certain features. That at least, was my thinking behind it.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:37 AM
McCrazy
Instructor

That is a very nice looking 911, Explorer. You have great taste.

I am glad to see that you will be getting the car you wanted and with less time waiting than expected. It sucks when stress degrades what should be a happy and exciting occasion but you will forget all about it sooner than later. Especially since you are getting your preferred color, as otherwise I think you would never fully love your car.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:31 AM
spar10
Instructor

i just found this thread and did a quick job of processing all the back and forth. first of all, the car looks beautiful, you'll be pleased.

there are so many things wrong about what happened with the dealer i wouldn't even know where to begin. i'd love to know who the dealer is so i can put them on my black list and avoid them forever. the bottom line is that it sounds as though they took advantage of you. in the end it sounds like it all came together for you but i'd never go back there again. if there's another dealer in your area, i'd be sure to see them for all of your service work.

enjoy your new car when it arrives, it's a beauty!
Old 09-21-2013, 10:53 AM
cvtbenhogan
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Explorer7
My configuration:

Standard:

In Grey:

In White:

To me, white vs grey, changes the look drastically and I prefered grey over the white.
iMHO. The glass moon roof spoils the look. Terrible looking wheels in those pic. Might be worst 991 pics I've seen.

Where is the full leather on option list? On a car that pricey seems like a huge miss.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by cvtbenhogan
iMHO. The glass moon roof spoils the look. Terrible looking wheels in those pic. Might be worst 991 pics I've seen.

Where is the full leather on option list? On a car that pricey seems like a huge miss.
You should be really by excited about the fact that Christmas is right around the corner and you can go around telling four year-olds there is no Santa Claus.

Yeah, I've said it before but it remains appropriate.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:15 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Tcc1999
You should be really by excited about the fact that Christmas is right around the corner and you can go around telling four year-olds there is no Santa Claus.

+1 I think the car looks great! Enjoy it!
Old 09-21-2013, 02:03 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 568 Likes on 338 Posts

+ 1 !

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
OP - go back to the dealership and if you don't recieve the right attention from the sales manager request to speak with the dealer owner. You are spending a ton of money on this car and should be receiving what you truly want.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:17 PM
cvtbenhogan
Rennlist Member

Hey Santa bring this and $30k in spending money.
Attached Images  
Old 09-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Explorer7
Instructor

Originally Posted by McCrazy
That is a very nice looking 911, Explorer. You have great taste.

I am glad to see that you will be getting the car you wanted and with less time waiting than expected. It sucks when stress degrades what should be a happy and exciting occasion but you will forget all about it sooner than later. Especially since you are getting your preferred color, as otherwise I think you would never fully love your car.
I Completely agree, it was not the experience I expected and I am glad its over ..and yes, I would not have been happy with the white car, the more I looked at it, the less I liked it. The dark grey looks like a completely different car to me, its amazing what color and a few options can do.

Originally Posted by spar10
i just found this thread and did a quick job of processing all the back and forth. first of all, the car looks beautiful, you'll be pleased.

there are so many things wrong about what happened with the dealer i wouldn't even know where to begin. i'd love to know who the dealer is so i can put them on my black list and avoid them forever. the bottom line is that it sounds as though they took advantage of you. in the end it sounds like it all came together for you but i'd never go back there again. if there's another dealer in your area, i'd be sure to see them for all of your service work.

enjoy your new car when it arrives, it's a beauty!
Its Rector Motor in Burlingame and yes, before I ever go back there to buy another car, hell will have to freeze over. There are lots of other dealers and I will go to Redwood city to have my car serviced.

So you are one of those.. If you can't say something nice.. why say anything at all?
btw.. I don't like full leather and left that out on purpose, it certainly was not a question of money.

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by CarreraX
+1 I think the car looks great! Enjoy it!
Thank you very much! I like it and that's what matters..
Old 09-21-2013, 11:42 PM
cvtbenhogan
Rennlist Member

Explorer7, my apologies for not being constructive to your thread here.

The 991 4S is a super car and wish you all the best.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:22 PM
McCrazy
Instructor

Explorer7, my apologies for not being constructive to your thread here.

The 991 4S is a super car and wish you all the best.
I am actually impressed by this. Have been on various forums for about 6 years now and this is the first time I have seen someone go from negative to positive in a thread after being called out. Pretty classy. Cheers
Old 09-23-2013, 01:37 AM
Explorer7
Instructor

Delete comment..

Who cares.. its jut not worth it .. Life is too short
Old 10-10-2013, 02:36 AM
997xpress
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Car looks great. Funny thing is I've talked to James a bit when I've been to Rector, seems certain people from that fruit company buy their cars from him.

You experience has me rethinking ever going back there.

BTW - I saw a white TT there about a year ago optioned to over $210K - and yes it sat on the floor for a long, long time.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:02 AM
Explorer7
Instructor

Originally Posted by 997xpress
Car looks great. Funny thing is I've talked to James a bit when I've been to Rector, seems certain people from that fruit company buy their cars from him.

You experience has me rethinking ever going back there.

BTW - I saw a white TT there about a year ago optioned to over $210K - and yes it sat on the floor for a long, long time.
Thanks really looking forward to getting my baby.

If I knew then what I know now.. I would never have purchased a car from Rector.. there were so many other things that were all wrong when I went there..

From them not even having swatches of the paint samples I wanted to see. (None of the ones I wanted to view to compare and decide) as well as no 2014 brochures .. or leather seating swatches.

If you are looking for an all around good experience when you finally buy your car, this is not the place to go to.

I really wish I had driving a little further down the road to Redwood City (Carlsen Porsche) I even had a great sales person on the phone named Michael, not only did he give it to me straight, (he called out that whatever James was promising me, such as delivery dates etc, was just a way for me to quickly commit to the purchase) he also spoke fluent German. (not a must of course, but a nice pleasant surprise)

James, really got me to buy quick because he promised a delivery in November with his allocation. Rushing my initial decision to put down my money but promised changes possible for 10 days after the deposit.

I know that once I take delivery, I will not get my car serviced in Burlingame.. I want nothing to do with them in the future.
I don't even want their logo on my back license plate..

Really, this had to be the worst experience I ever had spending this much money.

Lol, I got a million times better service at my local Louis Vuitton or Gucci store..

To me, customer experience still hold a lot of value and I am a very loyal customer to those that actually show appreciation and treat their customers well.

In my case with Rector, I was lied to and was served a lot of BS and that is just the short list..

While I made the mistake to put my trust in them, I don't think James, or Craig his Manager thought I would fight back as much as I did. Craig did not chime in once when I was fighting to get the colored vehicle as agreed upon when I paid in full. I only got a reply when Porsche headquarters got involved. He was completely useless.

I just hope that sharing my experience, (embarrassing as it is to me) will help someone, not to go thru something similar when they purchase their dream car with their hard earned money.

PS: Maybe it was because I am a woman, unaccompanied looking to buy a car. But then, shame on Rector for pulling one of those sexist moves.

Quick Reply: Advise on my new car purchase please