Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint Sealants

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 07:04 PM
PivotPoint
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a huge fan of the Klasse AIO followed by Klasse SG.

I follow those two steps with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran. I love the wax, ease of application and the beautiful wetlook.

The Pinnacle on top of the Glaze is awesome.

I go through the process twice a year. I always clay. Been using Groits yellow clay, but actually have an order coming in from Autogeek.net with some Pinnacle Clay bars and lube that I'm going to try.

Very important to use the Klasse products sparingly, or tough to remove.

Autogeek.net has great info on detailing.

Go to Youtube and type in Drive. They have a great section on detailing called Drive Clean. Interesting paint restorations on a 912 among other things.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:40 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iammulva
What specifically are you talking about re: prep? I get confused when I read these threads. Everyone has a product or products they SWEAR by, but no one seems to agree on just one. That makes me tend to agree with you on product (buy a "good enough" brand and you should get good results). Curious about your prep.
Originally Posted by vern1
Prep is the act of getting the paint itself (pre wax or sealant) as smooth as possible. Usually involves claying (to remove contaminants) then polishing (ranging from compounds to finishing poilishes) using a random orbital or direct drive polishers (Flex etc).

If the piant isnt defect free then you are just polishing or sealing the defects. Check out autogeek.com or another such website. So much info it will make your head spin
what he said. But really just claying a bit more frequently will give you a much better result. I do it when the car is full of suds during a wash. I give it a second pass with the wash mitt to clear anything that might have broken loose.
If you don't have a Porter Cable or Flex polisher a good once over with a solid polish (again Prime Strong by Werkstatt is most excellent) and a sealant will "fill" the clear coat scratches so that they are masked. But this is only temporarry. Heat and rain will wash away the scratch-fillers after a few weeks.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:54 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by vern1
I have used this technique and works great
Appreciate the confirmation. So do you just mist the surface with the KS then immediately wipe off? I was under the impression that one should leave the sealant on for some time and even 8 hours or more if putting on an additional layer?
Old 08-15-2013, 11:10 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

Just spray on and wipe off. Easy. Have seen no benefit to letting it sit on the car
Old 08-15-2013, 11:22 PM
iammulva
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotcha Vern. I just started using clay less than a year ago. Ill have to read more. I don't have a good grasp of all of the types of products, their purpose, and pad types. I tried to educate myself years ago, but only retained basic concepts at this point.

Quick Reply: Paint Sealants