Sponsored by:

Uh oh...CEL

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 05:31 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster
Unless the converters were nearly dead cold (so to speak) I would think being hotter wouldn't make that much difference.

(As an aside when I take my cars in for a smog test I drive the car at least 30 minutes before and pick a hot day (as hot as I can) and keep the engine running (idling) all the time until it is tested.)

Is it worth a retest with this time converters that you are sure are good and hot? Could be if there is no lasting bureaucratic official stigma attached to the car if it is tested again and fails. Ask the test shop for an unofficial smog test. At least you'd know. However, my money is on it won't make any real difference. But I hope I'm wrong.
Here n NY you get a pass for safety (assuming all is ok) and fail for emissions. You repay for emissions part of retest but there is no prejudice attached.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:39 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kalasend
Chris,
Would the Euro5 standard be enough to pass California smog check?
Also, I went to HJS website, looks like they only sell un-weld cat. Any idea where I can get bolt-on ready for 997.1S?

Much thanks
Ben
Board sponsors like Fabspeed (who answered your post) and AWE (who are likewise great) sell replacement cats for your car.

Quick Reply: Uh oh...CEL