Sponsored by:

2010 standard seats vs 12 way with memory option

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Rob Heath
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 standard seats vs 12 way with memory option

I'm thinking that I will get some you need to sit in the seat answers and I would if I could find some cars in Denver with the two options, but have a basic question for 997.2 C4S.

Are the standard seats different (size, height, etc) or is just that the optional seats have more adjustments and a memory setting for other drivers?

See a couple of nice cars on line but they have standard seats. I like the idea of having all of the adjustments, get seat just right and then save it.

Sold my '88 3.2 Targa yesterday and it leaves on Monday so my search for a new car has just moved up another level.

Thanks
Old 07-20-2013, 02:07 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Air Force

Received 163 Likes on 81 Posts

If interested I have a set of 18 way power Adaptive sport seats with heat option that are in my closet wrapped up. Leather is in excellent condition. No scratches or wear marks on seats or seat backs.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Big C
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

When I was shopping last year I was fortunate enough to find a used car dealer in Vancouver with multiple examples of 997 in their showroom. There wasn't a car with the sport buckets but after sampling the various seating options I knew I wanted the Adaptives.

Besides the adjustability they seemed firmer. I suspect the manually adjustable sport seats (with the wider shoulder bolsters) provide similar support. The basic comfort seats are not necessarily bad but pale when compared to the sport or adaptives.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:02 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

The good thing is the Boxster/Cayman has the same seats so you might have a better chance to sit in all the options. For me after I sat in the Sport Seats it was a MUST HAVE option. I can care less about all the power stuff and memory in a car that only I drive.

I am pretty sure the seats your talking about are the same, just one is power and the other is not. Power gives you more options to get it just right.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,065 Likes on 549 Posts

In the last 4 years I've had the stock seats, sport seats, sport adaptive seats and the sport buckets. The manual sport seats with power recline in my current car, '11' GTS, are without a doubt the most comfortable to me. I find it much easier to pull up on a lever and slide the seat all the way back to get out of the car. I never liked waiting on an electric motor to wind me back or forward.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Rob Heath
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thoughts on looking at Cayman & Boxster. I'd like to sit in both.

Had thought about the manual slide, both cars now have manual slide. Old cars . The 3.2 has electric adjustments which are nice.

Looking at two C4S one with standard, one with the P15 seat option.

Thanks!
Old 07-20-2013, 09:29 PM
MarkinMD
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

I have had the power comfort seats in my last three Porsches. I won't get the base seats again. The power lumbar allows me to adjust the seat during long trips and I never have back aches. I had base comfort seats in my Boxster and had to add lumbar padding to avoid back pain. I personally find the sport seats very uncomfortable, probably because I am not quite tall enough to have my shoulders in the right position.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:07 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

I have had all but the sport buckets. The adaptive sport seats are definitely the coolest with the most adjustment, they are also the most difficult to get in/out of the 3. The power seats do have the lumbar adjustment that the manual seat doesn't have. I agree with the comment above, that it takes a lot of time to "motor" the seat back but you don't do that very often (vacuum). The memory is very nice for multiple drivers as it also sets the outside mirrors. And you get the right outside mirror "curb view" in reverse when it is in the right mirror position. The one very nice aspect of the manual, IMO, is that they are "rock solid". Once adjusted (albeit manually), they seem to be very set ,where as the power seats, the motor/gears seem to have just a bit of slop when driving spirited.

Quick Reply: 2010 standard seats vs 12 way with memory option