Sponsored by:

My poor car

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 09:05 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
... it's really astonishing that PCNA would not react to one of its most important ambassadors for the brand behaving this way.
I see a lot of the same kind of thing go on with BMW dealerships, for various reasons. BMWNA doesn't get involved - ever. The dealerships are separate entities, entirely, and the manufacturers have no control over them. Especially when it comes to used cars or non-warranty repairs. And if they (the manufacturers) tried to exercise any control, then they could easily end up in court for restraint of trade and all that kind of rot.

And for the dealership, it's impossible to understand what the reasoning is behind this epic PR fiasco.
Not at all. In my dealings (as a customer) with many dealerships in my lifetime, they all seem to be very short-sighted. It's all about how much profit they can make today, and tomorrow will take care of itself. A really good salesman (or saleswoman) will maintain a relationship and try to help a customer, knowing that they can come back and buy many many more cars. But the dealership management doesn't give a big rat fart about us, we're just the suckers that come in and pay ridiculous amounts of money for metal. When we leave, never to return, some other idiot will step up to take our place.

And they don't give a crap about how nice your car is, how well you treated it, or what you've done to it. All they care about is how quickly they can flip it and how much they will make.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:12 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MJBird993
I see a lot of the same kind of thing go on with BMW dealerships, for various reasons. BMWNA doesn't get involved - ever. The dealerships are separate entities, entirely, and the manufacturers have no control over them. Especially when it comes to used cars or non-warranty repairs. And if they (the manufacturers) tried to exercise any control, then they could easily end up in court for restraint of trade and all that kind of rot.

Not at all. In my dealings (as a customer) with many dealerships in my lifetime, they all seem to be very short-sighted. It's all about how much profit they can make today, and tomorrow will take care of itself. A really good salesman (or saleswoman) will maintain a relationship and try to help a customer, knowing that they can come back and buy many many more cars. But the dealership management doesn't give a big rat fart about us, we're just the suckers that come in and pay ridiculous amounts of money for metal. When we leave, never to return, some other idiot will step up to take our place.

And they don't give a crap about how nice your car is, how well you treated it, or what you've done to it. All they care about is how quickly they can flip it and how much they will make.
Painfully sad but 100% true.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:24 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

I just posted on BH Porsche Facebook page with a "shame on you" theme.

My post....

"I have followed a very unfortunate situation where you sold a CPO GTS Carrera that was damaged and repainted. It was a transaction that was not local to you and you took a Ferrari in as trade. I am very surprised that you would sell a sub standard condition Porsche not compliant with Porsche CPO requirements. You should know better if you are a quality dealer. And more surprised with your unwillingness to void the entire transaction and take the car back and return his Ferrari.

As a long time member of the Porsche community, I expect Porsche dealers to live up to the highest standard. You need to do the right thing and get this behind you. Your reputation is on the line and I hope the Porsche Cars North America is taking notice of how you are not abiding by their policies. A number of us on Rennlist (Porsche) Forum are watching this unfold and believe that selling inferior cars should be corrected by you."
The following users liked this post:
maschinetheist (12-18-2020)
Old 06-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

As car as I can tell, any negative posts have been removed from their Facebook page.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

They are still there. Just a little buried on the page, under recent posts. They responded to an entry made yesterday but not to the most recent one (yet).
Old 06-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Letter from Porsche NA
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Porsche Letter.pdf (374.3 KB, 1183 views)
Old 06-25-2013, 12:55 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

The letter is somewhat promising as long as they follow through and BHP gives a ****. Keep on fighting. This is just plain wrong.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
They are still there. Just a little buried on the page, under recent posts. They responded to an entry made yesterday but not to the most recent one (yet).
Hmmmm.... I can see posts going back into May but don't see anything negative to related to this topic anywhere. Maybe because I'm on my ipad?
Old 06-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
Hmmmm.... I can see posts going back into May but don't see anything negative to related to this topic anywhere. Maybe because I'm on my ipad?
Probably, FB iPad is a little weird
Old 06-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Originally Posted by CarreraX
The letter is somewhat promising as long as they follow through and BHP gives a ****. Keep on fighting. This is just plain wrong.
Well BHP certainly don't give a ****. The dealership GM Rick Nanas categorically promised to call me back yesterday, do you think he did?
Old 06-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Smitten
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I just posted a link to this thread on the Beverly Hills Porsche FB page. I'm curious to see how long it survives.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Well kudos to Tom Farnsworth at PCNA as I just went off the rails at him for about 15mins.

He was incredibly professional (unlike me), although there's not much he can do besides "facilitate" an outcome, which doesn't help much when the dealership isn't interested in working something out.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Keep increasing the heat. Have you had an attorney file paperwork to halt sale if your f-car. Surely the contract could be called into question in terms of "good faith".
Old 06-25-2013, 07:09 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Not really sure what "paperwork" would halt the sale. Technically I traded the F on the GTS so if they wish to ignore my dissatisfaction then they can go ahead and sell it. They don't appear to care about my issues so I'm pretty sure that's what they'll do. My lawyer has a few steps planned but it looks like this one is going all the way. Unpleasant, and hopefully very expensive for them.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:11 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Looks like they deleted all the FB posts

Quick Reply: My poor car