Sponsored by:

M/T Shift Knob Questions....

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 11:59 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default M/T Shift **** Questions....

my boot is not connected to **** anymore.. and can't figure out how it pops back on.. do i need to remove **** and boot from car and work on it off the caR?

i see here it says do not remove boot from ****, i guess it's a PITA to connect back https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...t-removal.html

also curious what ***** are available that go on using stock boot? i see the shaft just is a paddle w/o threads so i assume nobody makes just a ****?

thank you.

Last edited by rijowysock; 04-24-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:56 PM
fastm3
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my new shift **** from Suncoast. Feels so much better and more substantial.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:28 PM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 352 Likes on 183 Posts

If you pull the boot up from the mounting point at the bottom and pull it up over the **** (imagine pulling a T shirt you are wearing up over your head inside out while still around your neck) you should see how it is attached to the ****. There's a plastic ringy thing in there that tightens around the **** and holds it in place. You should be able to take care of it with some fiddling.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:26 AM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah, it's a pain, the plastic ring probably fell off, you have to pull it back up and connect to the plastic hook, hard to explain but you'll figure it out.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:33 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by fastm3
I love my new shift **** from Suncoast. Feels so much better and more substantial.

thats the **** i have, i think it feels worse cause wobbly... i wish the plastic was metal.. i feel it should be.

Originally Posted by Ynot
yeah, it's a pain, the plastic ring probably fell off, you have to pull it back up and connect to the plastic hook, hard to explain but you'll figure it out.
i was pulling on the back where the clips are but doesnt wanna budge, i need to pry with something but didnt want to damage the plastic. will try tomorrow.. sometimes i really wish i had the blue clip things
Old 04-26-2013, 02:53 PM
stefang
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Take another look at the pics. The back of the boot has clips that slide under the console. Pull/pry the front clips out, then slide forward. I got the plastic tools and had no problem.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:44 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

pulled and pulled and finally got it to come free, lost a clip in the process, but.... didn't need it anyways. LOL

the white part i could see the 2 teeth, and the black part has 2 gaps, but looks like someone forced it once and chipped the black part... solution=zip tie the boot up to the **** :-/

i put some electrical tape on the white piece to keep it from rattling around.

if i had removed the entire **** i'm sure i could have put the black piece up around the leather and then hot glued the white piece.. but the **** did not want to budge. i took the gear pattern plate off and saw screws but also saw the rob incased in what looked like white glue?

is this the stock SSK? or just stock stock?

Last edited by rijowysock; 04-27-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 04-28-2013, 02:05 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

finally got it fixed today using this DIY as what/how it should be setup, the black "washer" in mine came out which would not allow me to push it up to the **** properly

http://billswebspace.com/Porsche987ShortShiftDIY

Quick Reply: M/T Shift Knob Questions....