Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cost for professional Clear Bra install on front end...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 09:47 AM
Aquary
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cost for professional Clear Bra install on front end...?

I'm just curious what people have been quoted to have Clear Bra / XPel installed on the front end (hood, fenders, bumper), and whether that included the full hood and fenders, or just partial?

I'm trying to decide if I want to pay to have this done (and how reasonable the quotes I got are), or buy one of the pre-cut kits and do it myself.

I've noticed the pre-cut kits all seem to be just partial (first 18" or 24" of hood). I'm thinking I'd like full coverage...

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:32 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Aquary
I'm just curious what people have been quoted to have Clear Bra / XPel installed on the front end (hood, fenders, bumper), and whether that included the full hood and fenders, or just partial?

I'm trying to decide if I want to pay to have this done (and how reasonable the quotes I got are), or buy one of the pre-cut kits and do it myself.

I've noticed the pre-cut kits all seem to be just partial (first 18" or 24" of hood). I'm thinking I'd like full coverage...

Thanks!
I'd let a professional do it. Paid $1,600 for full front end (no mirrors) and full hood (one piece) with Xpel Ultimate.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

I've talked to several and somewhere around 800 for partial front and 1500 for full front seems to be going price. I'd suggest letting a pro do it ideally one with a plotter so if they screw up they can cut another sheet vs trying to reuse one
Old 04-22-2013, 11:23 AM
WestCan997
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid $1400 for the complete front end including the mirrors.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:14 PM
sullivas
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Partial $700. Wouldn't try to DIY this one.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

Again, (this seems to be my particular role on this forum), I'm going to go against the grain on this one.

This is something that a DIY-er can do himself. I would not try it on my Porsche if it was the first time I'd ever done it, but after installing these on a couple other cars with compound curves and complex cut-outs, I am comfortable doing this myself. And may, after I deal with a couple rock chips on my bumper.

This isn't the most difficult thing I've ever done on a car. It IS time consuming and it IS unforgiving if you mess up. It IS messy and it WILL be frustrating. It's just one of those things where you have to weigh the price versus the time and satisfaction you might get from doing it yourself. Personally, my threshhold for doing one on my P-car is about $500. If I can get a name-brand done for less than that, I'll farm it out. If it costs much more, I will consider doing it myself.

Your threshhold may vary. For me, spending a few hours in the garage with some beer, a Cohiba and some Pink Floyd playing in the background makes up for some of the downside.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:42 PM
deijmaster
Advanced

Originally Posted by Iceter
Your threshhold may vary. For me, spending a few hours in the garage with some beer, a Cohiba and some Pink Floyd playing in the background makes up for some of the downside.
Perfect answer ; )
Old 04-22-2013, 04:26 PM
A2b
Intermediate

Did partial & mirrors for 675. Full would have been 1500. This is in New England.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:20 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't tell the geographic location of the OP, so I'll ask where you are having this work done in the Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley area. It's been a while since I had this done on my 993, not even sure if the same shop on Van Nuys Bl at the 101 is still there.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Aquary
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fbfisher
I can't tell the geographic location of the OP, so I'll ask where you are having this work done in the Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley area. It's been a while since I had this done on my 993, not even sure if the same shop on Van Nuys Bl at the 101 is still there.
I'm in SE Michigan. The local guy that seems to have the most experience (and advertises in our local PCA chapter mag) quoted me $1100 for partial, and $1895 for full coverage (the latter would be with the Xpel).

At those prices I'm inclined to go the DIY route. In general, I'm pretty handy with stuff like that, but the advice from members does give me a bit of pause!

Thanks all for the input-

Quick Reply: Cost for professional Clear Bra install on front end...?