Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware of DELREYCUSTOMS, LED lights order gone bad

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 04:24 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Shane, it's good to hear from you (DelRey) re the other half of the story. I hope this all works out for you and the OP. That would certainly give me confidence to buy from you as I was interested in the 9500ci package you had offered to us recently. Please keep us posted, GL in resolving this, and thanks for being a forum sponsor! BTW, I frequent MDR every quarter so hope to visit your store front on my next trip.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:10 PM
DELREYCUSTOMS
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stop bye anytime Im in the Store 10-6 WED-SAT i have those banker hours ! Oorah!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:27 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice to hear both sides of the story, I apologize for judging prior to hearing your end. I would have taken you up on option 2 for sure, who cares if $250 is on your credit card when your getting it back in a month or so.

Based on your story I feel it was dealt with as it should have been. Then again there is usually 3 stories, the 2 told and then the true one that is usually a little bit of both of the ones told from each party. Regardless it is great all is worked out.

I wish when people start posts like this they told the full story.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:19 AM
dbv1
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by DELREYCUSTOMS
I never said I would not replace the light.
Yes you did. Maybe you didn't word it too well (and I believe you didn't) but that's what you said. You started offering other options once I posted here and started the whole process with PayPal. I expected your original response would be something along the lines of: I'll get started with the insurance claim and ship you a replacement light.
But his claim has been processed as soon as i have confirmation of the light received by the Canada post office his replacement will be shipped for free.

I even offered to pay his duty tax as well the 63.00 he was up set about. if you would like i can post all the email even back the 3 prior months when he was thinking about ordering....
Like I told you, I called USPS and Canada Post and they're saying I won't have to turn in the damaged light to them. You got different information from USPS. I have no problem turning the light over to Canada Post or shipping directly to you.

I mentioned I paid the import duty but never complained about it (the lights did cross an international boundary so that's fair). I don't remember you offering to reimburse me for that (nor did I ask).

i forgot to add to be

the customer said he would file the claim.
No, you told me to file the claim and collect the insurance money and that you'll ship me the replacement for $250. I found out I couldn't do that (only the shipper can file a claim). You went ahead and filed the claim yourself in the mean time anyway despite telling me to file one.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:33 AM
dbv1
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 80 Posts

The situation right now: we're waiting for the insurance claim to go through. It's not clear whether I'll have to return the light to Canada Post or directly to Shane. I have a dispute going on PayPal (considering dropping it since he's finally responsive). Not in the mood to send in another $250 for the replacement (I already paid for 2 non-damaged lights but don't have them) so we'll wait for the claim to go through.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:36 AM
PHX 911
Official Rennlist Snake Slayer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IBTL, although I'm already in on page 1 or 2, I think.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:52 AM
DELREYCUSTOMS
Former Vendor

fyi I today is the first time i have seen the thread. I apologize if something is getting lost in translation. if you look i been out of town since Thursday with limited Internet access.

I was in Fresno Fix a 997 install from another shop for a 6speed member and doing a 9500CI install.

I responded promptly to your emails and you ask me to ship you a replacement light and i gave you some options

I understand this is frustrating and I apologize. I visited the Post Master in person at the LAX distribution Center today and tried to call you at both contact numbers you have given me so he could explain to you how the insurance claim works. there was no answer or call back. I spent hour there hoping you would call.

Please be patient and let the process unfold as soon as it clears the inspection process i will ship your light to you. This thread has no bearing on how we handle warranty situations. If it did i would of been all fire and brimstone when it was posted.

You have my word.

If you would not of disputed the Pay Pal payment and allowed me to get back to my office, i would of sent you a light in good faith, like i told you on the phone, as of right now, I'm out the light and the money. I contacted pay pal and checked the status of the dispute and since you contacted your credit card company there is a freeze for fraud on my pay pal account. Pay Pal takes these claims SERIOUS!!!!

I understand you are trying to use the forum to pressure me into replacing your light with out any guarantee i will get reimbursed. I get it. but i have been kind and respectful to you. Please show me the same courtesy. Please Allow the USPS to do their job. There is no way to expedite the process it will take 24-45 days!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:46 PM
DELREYCUSTOMS
Former Vendor

Default USPS Form 2856 Insurance Claim Form

Update.... the post office will requires an in house inspection form called

Form 2856. On any Claims for payment to be processed. (exmaple .PDF is the domestic claim)

Please make sure the post office fills out and submits this form while you are there other wise failure to do so will result in a rejection of the claim form. They will need the contents the boxes, shipping label and packaging.

International the inspection form is a little different but it need to be inspected.

Just attached the email i received from the claims department. It is an in house form.

I'm learning so much!!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 03:29 PM
DELREYCUSTOMS
Former Vendor

Update

Talked to the USPS International Claims today to Follow Up on where we are at

The damage Confirmation Claim Form has been Dispatched to the Canada Post Office and they are waiting back for Confirmation from them that the item was damaged.

They will Contact me when they receive confirmation of the damaged Item. Once they get the paper work and call me to authorize the claim I will be shipping a replacement.

There will need to be a inspection report.

So we're all still waiting. I'm doing the foot work on my end to try to resolve this matter as soon as possible.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

What needs to be done is simple...send the customer what he paid for.
He has an unusable, broken item, and now it's HIS problem and HE needs to wait for post office to do what ever it is that post offices do.
If the post office rejects the claim, (and frankly they should based on the flimsy packaging), are you saying that this customer is screwed ?

Your approach to customer service is nothing to be proud of.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Andrew Ward
Advanced

Originally Posted by Graygoose997
He has an unusable, broken item, and now it's HIS problem and HE needs to wait for post office to do what ever it is that post offices do.
If the post office rejects the claim, (and frankly they should based on the flimsy packaging), are you saying that this customer is screwed ?

+1
Old 03-28-2013, 07:47 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Call me crazy but I can swear I read he offered to send a New one for $250 and refund the $250 as soon as he got the old one back. The OP decided not to do this, he did not want another charge to his card. Instead he immediately went to stop payment ande bash the seller. Two sides to every story.

I think that was a very fair offer, it is not his fault the OP decided to go this route instead.

If he just sends a New one every time someone claims it was damaged in shipping he will be out of business fast.

I get it sucks it was damaged, but now that both sides of the story were told I think he tried his best to work things out.

Just my 2 cents
Old 03-28-2013, 08:58 PM
1719matt
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Graygoose997

+1
Old 03-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

There is only one right way to handle this. The seller sends a new light at no charge along with a credit for shipping the old one back. If the buyer doesn't ship the old one back, the seller charges him for two. Seller deals with any shipping claims or insurance BS.

Any other way may be workable, but not acceptable. ...And the proof is right here. Agree or disagree, here's four pages of discussion out on the net for anyone to see about how the seller mishandled this transaction. So whether you think he did or not, it's there. All the reasons and explanations on the part of the seller will amount to nothing because most of those lost sales will never read through the whole thread.

That's why companies like LL Bean survive for so long. You may not like something that you bought from them, but by golly, they'll send you a new one or take the old one back no questions asked and they'll do it with a smile. Maybe 1% of their customers will abuse that policy, but the other 99% are out there telling their friends about how great LL Bean is.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:30 PM
DELREYCUSTOMS
Former Vendor

if i send a new light at no charge and i do not recieve the damaged one back then there is no way to "charge" the customer. everything is handled via PayPal. It's not like i have the guys CC number on file and as of right now according to pay pal im out the funds as well. The customer with drew the funds so the facts as of now is he has the lights and the money.

who getting screwed here?

Quick Reply: Beware of DELREYCUSTOMS, LED lights order gone bad