Sponsored by:

GTS

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 07:07 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by fbfisher
Sorry in advance, but I'm a little confused. My GTS has Sports chrono, and the following buttons below the PCM: Sport, Sport Plus, suspension, exhaust. Do I have the "magical" or "specially tuned" suspension? It does feel much stiffer and a bit harsh on imperfect roads than the regular Carreras I drove during the search. Lots of road noise transmitted through the tires also over certain road surfaces.

AND, where can I find one of those hard cover GTS promotional books, I'd gladly trade the 991 version I received in the mail for a GTS version.
Only way to tell other than looking at yours cars stance and knowing visually the stock ride height vs the Sport PASM version ride height you can pull this info from your cars window sticker or the options sticker on the underside of the front hood. If you don't have any of that info you can look at the painted color stripes on the coilover springs and the part number of the shocks on the sticker on the shocks and run buy your dealer and that will tell you which suspension you have. I have the suspension parts sheet printed from my dealers PET. So I could tell you what suspension you have if you posted this info.

I would like to put my 2 cents in about PASM vs Sport PASM. My 06 and 07 Carrera S had regular PASM and my 09 Carrera S and my GTS had Sport PASM. To me on the track there was not too much difference other than the Sport PASM seemed to not shift weight around probably due to a slightly lower stance than regular PASM. Sport PASM on the street felt about like regular PASM but I don't drive too aggressive on the street an I could not test these cars out at the same time...just my mental notes of owning these cars over the years.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:38 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

Mike:

You are consistently a wealth of great information. I trust you got my PM. did not get s response but one was really not needed. By the way is that the factory aero package on your GTS or aftermarket.

Jack
Old 03-15-2013, 07:42 PM
BobDyl
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I second what Jack said. And Mike is the Offset King as well.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:56 PM
hakaida702
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike is the gts guru.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:01 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Mike:

You are consistently a wealth of great information. I trust you got my PM. did not get s response but one was really not needed. By the way is that the factory aero package on your GTS or aftermarket.

Jack
Hi Jack, yes I ordered my GTS with the factory aero package.

Not sure about the PM...I just cleared out a bunch on PM's and maybe deleted it by accident. I was doing this on my iPhone so I bet this is what happened. Please send it again...sorry!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:38 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hakaida702
I only have the pdf version of the brochure. If anyone doesn't have it they can PM me and I'll send it to them. I'd love a hardcover version. I'll have to look on ebay everyday.
PM sent, thanks!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:41 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mdrums
Only way to tell other than looking at yours cars stance and knowing visually the stock ride height vs the Sport PASM version ride height you can pull this info from your cars window sticker or the options sticker on the underside of the front hood. If you don't have any of that info you can look at the painted color stripes on the coilover springs and the part number of the shocks on the sticker on the shocks and run buy your dealer and that will tell you which suspension you have. I have the suspension parts sheet printed from my dealers PET. So I could tell you what suspension you have if you posted this info.
Thanks, I'll post some pics, I have no way to get under the car at this point. What's the option code for SPASM? I was under the impression that some options were part of the GTS package so may not be listed individually.

My travels up a steep learning curve continue...appreciate the info.

Fred
Old 03-15-2013, 09:51 PM
hakaida702
Racer

Thanks, I'll post some pics, I have no way to get under the car at this point. What's the option code for SPASM? I was under the impression that some options were part of the GTS package so may not be listed individually.

My travels up a steep learning curve continue...appreciate the info.

Fred
P17
Old 03-17-2013, 01:27 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Looks like I have option code P17. Here are some pics. So do I have the "magical" suspension set up?
Attached Images    
Old 03-17-2013, 01:28 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I have no idea why my pics are coming in upside down...sorry.
Attached Images    
Old 03-17-2013, 04:26 AM
BobDyl
Advanced

No, sorry. No magical white unicorn suspension for you, fbfisher. What you do have, however, is a freaking awesome GTS the way it should be: low to the ground with an LSD - P17 all the way baby!
Old 03-17-2013, 05:06 AM
hakaida702
Racer

Originally Posted by BobDyl
No, sorry. No magical white unicorn suspension for you, fbfisher. What you do have, however, is a freaking awesome GTS the way it should be: low to the ground with an LSD - P17 all the way baby!
I've heard that the factory lsd is terrible. I'll be picking up the bgb motorsports lsd soon. Mike probably knows since he's got a lot of track experience.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:53 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by BobDyl
+1, by far the best setup.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:24 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Looks like I have option code P17. Here are some pics. So do I have the "magical" suspension set up?
Nice looking GTS.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:28 AM
BobDyl
Advanced

In terms of LSDs, I've heard good things about Guard. However, to my knowledge, for street driving the factory LSD is just fine. If you are tracking the car an upgrade makes some sense.

Quick Reply: GTS