Sponsored by:

997.2 Bentley Repair Manual

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 03:25 PM
deverest
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.2 Bentley Repair Manual

I did a search in the 997 forum, but I can't find any mentions. Does Bentley (or any other company) publish a repair or service manual for the 997.2?

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:49 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 352 Likes on 259 Posts

I've had good luck with this https://www.alldatadiy.com/

Price is very reasonable, multicar and multiyear discounts, very good instructions kept up to date (but I like rennlist's DIY better 'cause of the pictures! )
Old 03-06-2013, 06:06 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I do not believe Bentley has a 997 manual out yet. I think they just released with PAG's blessing a 996 version.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:36 AM
deverest
Instructor

Thanks cavu & stronbl!
Old 03-20-2016, 08:18 PM
GaryPC
Intermediate

Has anyone checked out isiplanet?
http://isiplanet.com/997Original.html
They claim to have a 997.2 workshop repair manual which they bundle with 996 manuals for some crazy reason. $30 for CD with over 600MB of PDFs.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:20 PM
cringely
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Adrian Streather 997 book https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-997-book.html should be released in a couple of months. While it is not a repair manual like a Bentley book, it will give you an idea of what can be done.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:22 PM
GaryPC
Intermediate

Thank you cringely I've just pre-ordered the book you mention with Amazon. It is not a 997.2 workshop manual but will be great to have.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:39 PM
GaryPC
Intermediate

I've ordered isiplanet CD will let you know what I get.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:21 PM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

GaryPC - did you receive the CD from isiplanet? If so, is it a shop manual that is useful?
Old 04-15-2016, 04:32 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

^^^ I also ordered it and yes it is essentially the same as the 997.1 except with tweaks for differences in the 997.2 I've only looked at the suspension portions but so far it has been WELL worth the thirty bucks.
You will need a CD ROM though. Something I didn't have and had to have ripped to a thumb drive.
Edit: I'll also add it had a LOT more than just the workshop manuals and includes supplemental material as well, but I will access that information infrequently or maybe even never.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:26 AM
Ducati_John
Advanced

Thanks for posting this. I picked up this cd for my 997.2 C4S, and it looks like it has most information one would need. I've just been paging through how to disassemble the transmission, for example. When I bought the car, I was a bit worried that there was no repair manual easily available as I do all my own maintenance and have always had factory service manuals on previous cars, but this should do nicely.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:57 PM
TexasJeff
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought and downloaded this 997.2 service / workshop manual. 14,000 plus pages with illustrations, indexed and searchable. $24.99 no spyware or spam BS! just instant PDF download.
It looks to be very complete and includes all models... coupe, targa, turbo, cabrio... Appears to be genuine Porsche instructions.
I needed it to remove and replace a quarter window and trim.

http://www.workshoprepairmanuals.com...anual-575.html

Just wanted to give back to this forum that has given so much to me.

Last edited by TexasJeff; 12-24-2017 at 03:01 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 12-24-2017, 07:20 PM
cool flash
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasJeff
I just bought and downloaded this 997.2 service / workshop manual. 14,000 plus pages with illustrations, indexed and searchable. $24.99 no spyware or spam BS! just instant PDF download.
It looks to be very complete and includes all models... coupe, targa, turbo, cabrio... Appears to be genuine Porsche instructions.

You are a new member with 1 post (the above) and now you claim to be giving back to the forum. LOL

Very likely that you own the website cited above. I wonder if you have permission to sell any of that copyrighted material???

CF
Old 12-25-2017, 01:49 PM
TexasJeff
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 997.2 Workshop Service Manual

Originally Posted by cool flash
You are a new member with 1 post (the above) and now you claim to be giving back to the forum. LOL

Very likely that you own the website cited above. I wonder if you have permission to sell any of that copyrighted material???

CF
Merry Christmas to you too "cool flash"! You sure know how to welcome input from your fellow Rennlisters. Since you are quoting and making assumptions. Let me try some assumptions about you. I see you are in Germany so your English comprehension apparently isn't very good, OR you just can't read very well in general... since it clearly says UNDER MY AVATAR that I joined Rennlist in JAN 2015 (shortly after I bought my '09 C2S), OR, you didn't do very well in math class... let me help... that's 3 years, OR you are logically challenged and don't get the point that I have been using this site to do all sorts of things to my 997.2 for the last 3 years but have never given back to the community that has aided my Porsche endeavors so greatly for so long, OR you are just one of those who give the rest of us Porsche enthusiasts a bad reputation.

The official Porsche PIWIS TSI site, that I have used in the past, is such a piece of crap and would not take my money to purchase document access for weeks now, so I finally resorted to looking for a manual online. I even emailed the PIWIS admin and got one reply:

Hello,

thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We will look into your account and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Tu Tran
Tech Info Support
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.

2 weeks later... no response.

So, after hours of searching online for a 997.2 workshop manual (to help me R & R my quarter window) that I could download immediately and safely without waiting for days for a CD to show up in the mail AND without the scary proposition of contaminating my computer with the BS addware that so many other download sights give you, I found the workshoprepairmanuals.com site. They actually had a 997.2 manual, which is not easy to find. The transaction was so easy and so quick and so clean and the material was so good that I wanted to share it with others on Rennlist that may be looking for a manual as well as give recognition to the business that provided such a good service to me. That's hard to find these days!

And to all other members that may need a manual... if the above sight ever goes out of business or no longer offers the 997.2 manual, message me and I'll send you a copy of mine. In the mean time I think it is best to support the business that did the work and made the manual available.

So what has Rennlist helped me do?

1/20/14 Short Shift Kit 99742498300 - Porsche

2/25/14 Rennline Pedals - Rennline

3/06/14 RSS Motor Mounts - Shark Werks

7/12/14 Forgeline Wheels - Wheel Enhancement

8/2/14 Muffler Modification - Hanksville Hot Rods (u-bend)

8/3/14 Center Muffler Bypass - Shark Werks

12/16/14 Pagid RS29 Pads, Motul 600 Fluid - Renn Store

2/25/15 Suspension Upgrade - Elephant solid rear subframe bushings, Ohlins Road and Track coilovers, Swift Springs, TPS Sway Bars, GT3 LCA (front) w/ inner Tarett monoball, TPC thrust arm bushing (front), Tarett adjustable toe link (rear) with original tie rods from front, track alignment using strings

3/15/15 modify rear LCA w/ Tarett monoball inner, TPC thrust arm bushing, SPL/FK rod end tie rods to correct bump steer

9/10/17 Install Aasco Light Weight Flywheel, Clutch, Throwout Bearing, pilot bearing - BGB Motor Sports

9/10/17 Install Guard 997 Pro LSD, driver side Carrier Bearing and Race, Seals, Mobile PTX

All done by me... in my shop... with help from Rennlist, 6speed, and many more. I wish I had this manual 3 years ago!

Thank you Rennlist!
TexasJeff
The following users liked this post:
mowog67 (05-26-2023)
Old 01-09-2018, 04:59 PM
th3n1nj2
Track Day

Originally Posted by TexasJeff

Thanks for this. I am looking to replace my EGR valve on my CD 2011. But unfortunately, they do not have manuals for 2011 ->

Quick Reply: 997.2 Bentley Repair Manual