Sponsored by:

AC alaways on at start

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 08:58 PM
TexPorsche
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AC alaways on at start

When I start my car the ac is always on and the fan is set at half speed. Even if I turn everything off on the climate control then turn the ignition off, upon starting next time the car defaults to ac on and fan at half speed. Annoying as hell when it is cold. I searched topics concerning the memory settings and couldn’t find anything.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:27 PM
82_930
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Odd, my car does not function like that.

I bet it could be coded with PIWIS II
Old 01-07-2018, 10:41 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by TexPorsche
When I start my car the ac is always on and the fan is set at half speed. Even if I turn everything off on the climate control then turn the ignition off, upon starting next time the car defaults to ac on and fan at half speed. Annoying as hell when it is cold. I searched topics concerning the memory settings and couldn’t find anything.
You didn't say year and model but if you have Sport Chrono option you can use the PCM to set personal settings one of which is climate control related that sets the start up settings. Search personal settings or look in your PCM manual for instructions.

Last edited by jhbrennan; 01-07-2018 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:38 PM
911searcher
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TexPorsche
when you turn the speed to zero by pressing down. Press down one more time til you see the word OFF.

Quick Reply: AC alaways on at start