Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jack Stands

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 12:19 AM
unclejosh
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I have two Jackpoint Jackstands and the Griots Garage made in the EU low profile garage Jack. A safe and convenient package so far
Old 03-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Ken968
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a set of jack point stands and they are well worth it to me. Their design gives me piece of mind that the car will stay put and not fall and injure/kill me or damage the car while I work....but if you are considering a lift and have limited space consider the max jax. (www.maxjaxusa.com) Looks like a useful product.

Ken
Old 03-07-2013, 12:06 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jpoint
Maybe it's nit picking but Rennlist paid member (Addict) price for 4 is currently below $600 ($558 plus shipping). There are some options for getting more height too. We're glad to help if you have questions for a particular job. Unfortunately they're expensive because it's a custom casting that starts with $60 worth of raw material and takes 2-3 people to make a single stand - at least for now. In other words they're not in automated production and still made one at a time with a new mold needed for each casting. It's an expensive process.
We were offered the opportunity to lower the price by 30%. Invest $753,000 and move the production to China. We prefer to keep production in the USA.
I applaud your demand for a better solution that's how Jackpoint Jackstands started. We're not THE solution, we're just an alternative - and we realize a lower price point would be better. We're working on it and if the price drops you'll hear it on Rennlist first. Thanks
This is on my short list, just curious does it provide enough height to change out the exhaust, I would think it does, but was not sure. To me $600 is nothing when it comes to safety.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:22 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by MessyMarvin
This is on my short list, just curious does it provide enough height to change out the exhaust, I would think it does, but was not sure. To me $600 is nothing when it comes to safety.
It get's tighter down there using low profile pads with the JackPoints stands but I replace my entire stock exhaust system(headers, cats, muffler, tips) w/o issue. FWIW, I'm medium husky. GL and post pics of your handy work.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:06 PM
unclejosh
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Quality made in USA products such as Jackpoint Jackstands give me more piece of mind when I am under my 3200 lb GTS than the el cheapo Chinese made stands or jacks.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:52 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by unclejosh
Quality made in USA products such as Jackpoint Jackstands give me more piece of mind when I am under my 3200 lb GTS than the el cheapo Chinese made stands or jacks.
I tend to like the fact that it's made in the US and I don't mind starting out with a pair for $279(I believe that's the RL addict discounted price). It's a specialty tool that allows me to safely work on my car. Ideally it would be great to have all four corners on JP's but it's possible to get started with two JP's and two standard jacks. The 2nd pair, of course, is on my list of things to buy. BTW, just think how valuable our US made JP's would be if they ever start making these in China.

As an aside... has anyone found a quality low profile 2.5" or 2.75" aluminum jack in the $300-$400 range? I've been using a steel LP jack for the home garage but may want something lighter when I start to do some DE's.

Quick Reply: Jack Stands