Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 03:21 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 365 Likes on 221 Posts

I like it. I think it will be a good successor to the current GT3. Plus I understand the need for more gizmos,it's unavoidable because of many reasons. Even race cars,F1 get more every generation.
I think it all comes down to the '' street legal '' part of the experience. Tough regulations make it very hard if not impossible to keep building race cars that can be legally driven on the street.
Yet I'm sure it will be fun! Make no mistake,this won't be the '' new GTR ''.
The only thing I don't like is PDK only. I don't go to the track so rowing thru gears is fun on the weekends. Especially that this new GT3 is supposed to be much more compliant on the street.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

And for those of you, besides the ones complaining about techs and gizmos, that think this GT3 actually looks good, let me remind you that so did the marketing photos and touched up renderings of the 991S before we saw it in showrooms. I was one of those blown away by those initial photos, until I got up close and personal with the 991 and realized just how awful the design actually is. Fooled me once; these GT3 photos will not dupe me yet again. No Sir!

Oh, and for those of you that think if we complain Porsche will not listen and that we have a right to buy other cars? Well, you, sir, are absolutely, positively correct. In fact, I test drove a Maserati GTS this past week, and I am “this close” to pulling the trigger. I still love my 997 too much to part with it, and I am not ready to jump into a GT car just yet, but when I am, it won’t be a 991S or a GT3 or a Turbo. It will be a true GT car, not one pretending or, yikes, striving to be.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:43 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
I'm a kid of the 80's. Everything and everyone including your mom was and can be gay. LOL

Tennessee, our rule is that you can be gay all you want....just don't act upon your desire.

I was raised in Detroit suburbs and spent 10 years in Chicago and 4 years in Washington State.
yeah, well I grew up in little detroit (aka dayton ohio) but I try not to let the hillbilly in me out too much

I live in SF, and while I get that saying stuff is "gay" may not have derogatory intentions, it does to those that are gay (despite your intent).

while I may not understand how/why a man may want another man, I really don't care about anyone's sexual orientation. Though I am aware of how things can be interpreted in this day and age, and your description is just, well, off base (by a large margin). regardless on Tennessee's "rules" or where you were raised
Old 03-06-2013, 03:55 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

Wait, or we talking about gays or the new GT3?
Old 03-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Typing away on your iPhone doesn't negate you from using punctuation and capitalizing your sentences....Plano boy. Bump you if can't take a joke. You talk like a foreigner not a Texan. I suspect that you're Eastern Euro or maybe Indian, you still live at home and drive your parents car...maybe even come from money. You think you're better than others around you and you like hiding your fat little boy body behind your computer too. You should give one of Yuri Bezmenov books a good read since you've become what Yuri warned us about 30 years ago.

I'm a car enthusiast...always have been and always will. Since I grew up with a father in my home I was able to learn how to wrench on cars and tune them; which instituted my enthusiasm for cars today. And yes, I work hard and play hard but never thought I deserved anything...that's your generation Plano boy. If I want a different car I'll go out and buy one because I'm not sitting on $200k in student loans like your are. Since you mentioned it.....I am a gun-toting conservative and proud of it. I also own a home and I'm not $100k upside down on it like many Americans.

Originally Posted by rsabeebe
wow. quite the outlook you have there. let's see if i get this; porsche is now marketing to a young liberal, who lives at home, has no job and taps away on a mac all day long at starbucks. my god, i think you're right. oh, and let's not forget, they're stoners too. are you sure? we get this with every new 911 generation - 'they're going in a new direction and i'm not included'. posts like this do nothing but paint a picture of yourself - it has nothing to do with who porsche is marketing to. let me guess, you a conservative, home owner, came from average means, paid for your own college and started working at the bottom (or at best the middle), so you clearly deserve a porsche more. oh, and you don't get stoned. close? let porsche do what they want - you can buy any car you want in response.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

Wink

Typing away on your iPhone doesn't negate you from using punctuation and capitalizing your sentences....Plano boy. Bump you if can't take a joke. You talk like a foreigner not a Texan. I suspect that you're Eastern Euro or maybe Indian, you still live at home and drive your parents car...maybe even come from money. You think you're better than others around you and you like hiding your fat little boy body behind your computer too. You should give one of Yuri Bezmenov books a good read since you've become what Yuri warned us about 30 years ago.

I'm a car enthusiast...always have been and always will. Since I grew up with a father in my home I was able to learn how to wrench on cars and tune them; which instituted my enthusiasm for cars today. And yes, I work hard and play hard but never thought I deserved anything...that's your generation Plano boy. If I want a different car I'll go out an buy one because I'm not sitting on $200k in student loans like your are. Since you mentioned it.....I am a gun-toting conservative and proud of it. I also own a home and I'm not $100k upside down on it like many Americans.

I think I'm in love with you!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Well, I'm Midwestern and Dayton is def Hillbilly. Not sure where the line of demarcation is but at some point in Mid Ohio folks start talking that Southern stuff. Puppy....you've been reprogrammed since you move to Cali. I won't succumb to the PC police and if you want to be the PC Gay police that is your propagative. Homosexuals don't own the word Gay. You telling me that I'm "Way off base" doesn't phase me a bit. I'll tell you like I tell my kids....I'll say "gay" and will continue to say it even when is against the law.

BTW I use Gay like the black people use the n word. I use it in most sensitive and affectionate way.

Now back to the GT3.....

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
yeah, well I grew up in little detroit (aka dayton ohio) but I try not to let the hillbilly in me out too much

I live in SF, and while I get that saying stuff is "gay" may not have derogatory intentions, it does to those that are gay (despite your intent).

while I may not understand how/why a man may want another man, I really don't care about anyone's sexual orientation. Though I am aware of how things can be interpreted in this day and age, and your description is just, well, off base (by a large margin). regardless on Tennessee's "rules" or where you were raised
Old 03-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Thanks....and I hope you're not gay.

Originally Posted by Mbiondo
I think I'm in love with you!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

I'm a car enthusiast...always have been and always will. Since I grew up with a father in my home I was able to learn how to wrench on cars and tune them; which instituted my enthusiasm for cars today. And yes, I work hard and play hard but never thought I deserved anything...that's your generation Plano boy. If I want a different car I'll go out and buy one because I'm not sitting on $200k in student loans like your are. Since you mentioned it.....I am a gun-toting conservative and proud of it. I also own a home and I'm not $100k upside down on it like many Americans.
Thanks....and I hope you're not gay.
Au Contraire. Love your mechanic wife even more
Old 03-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

Now, about that GT3...
Old 03-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

When I saw the 991 Sun Roof that opens up on top of the car I could not believe Porsche would mess with the lines of this beautiful car and ruin it. I'm with you on the GT Car. I'll buy a Z06 or trick out a Mustang before I go down that road. I do feel insulted by Porsche and nobody can say that this technology upgrade is the same as going to water cooled. Water cooling was simple physics....more horse power equals better cooling. Rear wheel steering and PDK isn't physics its just gizmo stuff.

Originally Posted by Mbiondo
And for those of you, besides the ones complaining about techs and gizmos, that think this GT3 actually looks good, let me remind you that so did the marketing photos and touched up renderings of the 991S before we saw it in showrooms. I was one of those blown away by those initial photos, until I got up close and personal with the 991 and realized just how awful the design actually is. Fooled me once; these GT3 photos will not dupe me yet again. No Sir!

Oh, and for those of you that think if we complain Porsche will not listen and that we have a right to buy other cars? Well, you, sir, are absolutely, positively correct. In fact, I test drove a Maserati GTS this past week, and I am “this close” to pulling the trigger. I still love my 997 too much to part with it, and I am not ready to jump into a GT car just yet, but when I am, it won’t be a 991S or a GT3 or a Turbo. It will be a true GT car, not one pretending or, yikes, striving to be.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Yellow996
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Quite a thread. Now I know that the PC Police must be pre-occupied elsewhere. Post #1 in this thread used the word "gay" and Post #2 used the word "retarded". Very little thunder and lightning crashing down on our "enlightened" fellow members.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:26 PM
hakaida702
Racer

It's going to be super fast and probably easier to drive near limit. But I feel that pdk is great for a street 911 and that there should be an option. The rear wheel steering and 991 wheelbase are bigger deal breakers than pdk. Maybe because I have sustained an injury to my spine that makes it too uncomfortable to shift manually. But I am for the people who want a manual option. If only I could drive and own a 997.2 RS 4.0. That might be the last of the best.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

That retard comment had me worried but I let it slide because like the word gay and ***....retard is also a commonly used words by those of us that grew up in the 80's. I am not offended by these comments at all. Heck, back in the 80's...the retards called people **** all the time.

Originally Posted by Yellow996
Quite a thread. Now I know that the PC Police must be pre-occupied elsewhere. Post #1 in this thread used the word "gay" and Post #2 used the word "retarded". Very little thunder and lightning crashing down on our "enlightened" fellow members.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Besides the Carrera GT the RS 4.0 seems like the ultamate Porsche to own. I'm with you on that....

I really believed the GT3 was going to strip away some of the 991 features but instead they added gizmo features. Puppy's smurf GT3 is the best looking along with the Lime Green.

Originally Posted by hakaida702
It's going to be super fast and probably easier to drive near limit. But I feel that pdk is great for a street 911 and that there should be an option. The rear wheel steering and 991 wheelbase are bigger deal breakers than pdk. Maybe because I have sustained an injury to my spine that makes it too uncomfortable to shift manually. But I am for the people who want a manual option. If only I could drive and own a 997.2 RS 4.0. That might be the last of the best.

Quick Reply: New 991 GT3