Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Ipod Integration

Folks,
I am a buyer for an auto chain and met with a possible new supplier for Bluetooth integration for OE car audio. That being said I have one Crux unit that I will give to someone if they promise to install it and give me honest feedback.
I would install it in mine but I have the Dension in my car already.

You must have PCM 2.1 with the SIM Card slot. It will not work otherwise.
Here is a link to the product.
http://www.cruxinterfacing.com/produ...ex.html#tpm1_3

First person to respond will get it.
Thanks
Caesar
Old 02-28-2013, 02:46 PM
TerpsRED
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

PM Sent
Old 02-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have Matt as my first guy. If he can't install I will send to the other pm that was sent to me.
I will post results of findings in here
Caesar
Old 02-28-2013, 03:08 PM
ksozay
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I would be interested to know the results, as well. My car has BT for phone calls (PCM 2.1) but will not stream music. In my previous 997, I had the Dension 500S installed (whatever version is the most recent, I forget) and worked well despite a few issues where the unit would not power on fast enough to trigger the PCM, which prevented the amplifier, map, etc. from working. This was often resolved by leaving the car off long enough for the entire unit to power down and then restarting... A pain but I miss streaming music.

KS
Old 02-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mailing it to Matt
Old 04-25-2013, 12:04 AM
Z00mie
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 31 Posts

Any news on this?
Old 04-25-2013, 01:51 AM
sixgun95
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in the result as well.

Trending Topics

Old 04-25-2013, 08:16 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sorry, I meant to update and did not. Matt was kind enough to try it out for me. He had some issues. The unit did not work properly as he could only got sound(music) out of one side of the car. Similar to the Dension when on phone mode it only uses the one side of the car but if I remember correctly his music would also only work out of one side.
Matt,
Feel free to add on to this and thanks for taking the time to install in the first place.

I have a new unit that I ordered from the supplier in case there was something wrong with the first one(my first Dension did not work either) so the first PM will get a new unit sent free of charge.
Thanks
Caesar
Old 04-25-2013, 11:02 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

PM sent, I'd like to test it. Is A2DP Mono or Stereo? Thanks!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:53 PM
TerpsRED
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

My experience was that the install was straight forward. I deviated slightly from the instructions as I wanted to use the location at the CD changer instead of putting it behind the PCM. I did this because I did not have a fiber optic loop to close the location at the CD changer. This unit is not compatible with the CD changer, it takes over that CD changer in the PCM. For power, i just ran a wire to the fuse panel in the cabin and used an "Add-a-fuse" piggyback to give me switched hot 12v. for ground, I just found a ground bolt that the trunk electronics use on the passenger side of the storage compartment under the carpet. I just followed the brown wires and it was about 2 feet forward of the CD changer location.

Install was easy, bluetooth linked right away and it handled the A2DP streaming, but as stated by LittleGreen, the audio for me was only on one side. The left if I recall correctly. This was even a warning note in the install instructions that this was a possability on some cars. I do have the bose stereo so that may have been a contributing factor.

I would not recommend the trunk installation like I did because the bluetooth was not strong enough to really get a clean pairing from the cabin to this location. If I were to do it again, I'd put it behind the PCM and get a fiber optic loop to close the CD changer location. If it were not for the mono only sound, I would have re-done the installation.

Thank you again to LittleGreen for giving me a shot at it. I'd love to see if someone else has better luck with the install than I did. Who knows, maybe I just goofed somewhere.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:20 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

I emailed the company and they said A2DP works only in mono. That is far from ideal for music streaming and a deal breaker for me.

Quick Reply: Ipod Integration