Questions: Just bought 2007 C2S CPO

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 02:31 PM
cvtbenhogan
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ABQ997
Just an update on the CPO car:

1. I found the front tires had been over inflated by about 5 psi. It is well known that rear engine cars should have their front tires inflated less than the rears to improve handling. So fixing this likely helps.

2. The Pirelli PZERO Rosso tires are not terrible with respect to noise. They aren't great, and are pretty darn horrible on rough asphalt at speed, but they are OK on most surfaces.

3. The dealer ordered the part for the broken bracket in the headliner above the visor, and they are going to fix that Tuesday.

4. A full fuel tank and an additional ~30 pounds in the trunk helps with handling stability a bit, making it feel more mid-engine. I'm going to pick up ~75 pounds of weight to put in the trunk just for the heck of it.
I wouldn't add the weight.

My advice. You need seat time to adjust to the feel of a 911. The steering will always be lighter, its gonna be a louder car and perhaps more fidigity. Go back and drive a M3, and see how less engaging it is.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:35 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cvtbenhogan
I wouldn't add the weight.

My advice. You need seat time to adjust to the feel of a 911. The steering will always be lighter, its gonna be a louder car and perhaps more fidigity. Go back and drive a M3, and see how less engaging it is.
I agree. With some seat time you'll gain confidence that what seems like a light front end is actually very stable and secure.

Quick Reply: Questions: Just bought 2007 C2S CPO