Help. Light issues.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts
Default Help. Light issues.

Had the door handle mechanism replaced and while the car was being bieng adjusted re window drop,the tech ask me if I wanted the DRLs turned off. I said yes and now when I start the car with the light switch off,headlights,markers and tail lights come on. The older and newer computers will not reset the lights.
Techs say this has never happened before. The turn DRLs on or off for Canadian cars.
Thanks.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:46 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaos
Had the door handle mechanism replaced and while the car was being bieng adjusted re window drop,the tech ask me if I wanted the DRLs turned off. I said yes and now when I start the car with the light switch off,headlights,markers and tail lights come on. The older and newer computers will not reset the lights.
Techs say this has never happened before. The turn DRLs on or off for Canadian cars.
Thanks.
Doesn't look like they turned DRL's off. If you have Sports Chrono you can do it yourself using PCM - from the Main button select Set and you should see Individual Settings of which DRL is one. Car has to be stationary when you cycle on/off. I believe that PCM functionality doesn't exist in Canadian cars since DRL are required unless it was a US car sold into Canada...so what's your question??
Old 02-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Every time I start the car, head,tail,marker lights come on when the light switch is off. Dealer cannot turn it off.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:13 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Every time I start the car, head,tail,marker lights come on when the light switch is off. Dealer cannot turn it off.
I have DRL activated on my 2008 TT and all my lights are on except the instrument panel. When I turn DRL off using PCM, they are all turned off. If you have Sport Chrono have you tried turning DRL off?
Old 02-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Have sport chrono,tried using the stalk,no luck. It started when the dealer tried to turn them off with his computer.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:54 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Have sport chrono,tried using the stalk,no luck. It started when the dealer tried to turn them off with his computer.
The stalk won't help you. Select Main on the PCM then select Set and you should see an Individual Settings menu...then make your choices. You never touch the stalk. Come on man, get this fixed.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

T H A N K Y O U !!!

My dealer had NO clue,neither did I
Old 02-09-2013, 02:54 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

T H A N K Y O U !!!

My dealer had NO clue,neither did I
This question gets asked often so you're not alone...but I'd look for a new dealer.

Quick Reply: Help. Light issues.