Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone local to NYC have the GT2 carbon fiber backed GT2 buckets?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013 | 12:26 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spiffyjiff
years ago i passed up a great deal on an '09 launch because of those seats. since then i've started tracking so i had to buy them new for an arm and a leg. buy other seats and swap out if you dont like them and take the extra cash. but FWIW i was wary of them when i sat in the '09, and when i bought them last year i initially thought it would take some getting used to. it took all of 5 minutes. theyre awesome. get them/the car.
+1
Old 01-12-2013 | 11:51 AM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PasPar2
assuming they are as easy to sell as everyone says, where does one get a nice pair of sport seats and if I do find the active kind, will wiring them up be an issue?
the only thing you might have an issue with is airbag lights, both the one on the ctr console as well as the dash. if you disconnect the battery/dont start the car while everything is unhooked, you may be ok. esp for the dash light. however, i know a few folks who ran into issues with the console light (like me). after install mine stayed on due to the AWS so i had to disable it with a durametric. it seems sometimes an AWS recalibration is needed after an install but i dont feel like paying a dealer $150+ to do it. i already had the front seat latch kit with key activated airbag shut off installed so i dont really need AWS - i can just switch the airbag off when i need to.

good luck
Old 01-12-2013 | 09:38 PM
NYC_Z06
Advanced

Default There's a GT2 at Roslyn Porsche w/the seats.

Probably could get some seat time.

Originally Posted by NYC_Z06
Not any mo'. Moved south.

Quick Reply: Anyone local to NYC have the GT2 carbon fiber backed GT2 buckets?