Sponsored by:

Bose crossover adjust

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 11:38 AM
hurricanesteve
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slicky rick
Read the planet 9 article has anybody done this tomtheir 997?
did this to my bose equipped 997.1. found the removal instructions to get the whole subwoofer out, then there are about 40 (ok, maybe 20) torx screws that hold the unit together. put as much polyfil as i could fit into it, reassembled. sound is not perfect, but MUCH improved. it was so boomy before, this tamed it quite a bit. cheap and easy.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:44 AM
vern1
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by hurricanesteve
did this to my bose equipped 997.1. found the removal instructions to get the whole subwoofer out, then there are about 40 (ok, maybe 20) torx screws that hold the unit together. put as much polyfil as i could fit into it, reassembled. sound is not perfect, but MUCH improved. it was so boomy before, this tamed it quite a bit. cheap and easy.
Coupe or cab? I have the cab so the sub is up front and I believe the acoustics were designed differently. In the planet 9 article the guys kept making the point that their sub was a cab sub and not designed for their coupes

I am curious if any cab guys have done it?

Thanks
Old 01-09-2013, 11:49 AM
hurricanesteve
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vern1
Coupe or cab? I have the cab so the sub is up front and I believe the acoustics were designed differently. In the planet 9 article the guys kept making the point that their sub was a cab sub and not designed for their coupes

I am curious if any cab guys have done it?

Thanks
coupe, sorry
Old 01-09-2013, 11:44 PM
Berringer
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by PCC
Just curious what others think the optimal settings are for the bose system. My sound quality is horrible.
My experience so far... Top up, turn off the surround. Top down, surround is great. Linear off, unless at very high volume and keep the speed sensitivity on ( forgot what it's called). When I first brought my C4S cab home I had fantasized of cruising with iPod blasting. , but now I find that I like it low, listening to the engine instead and being able to hear my passport and react ASAP if needed. Makes me feel kinda old though.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:16 AM
vern1
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

In my cab: bass +2, treble +5, fader +2 to the rear, balance +2 to the left, surround on, autospeed off

I like the surround and hate the auto volume as it always seems to over/under compensate

I actually do play it pretty loud on the road with the top down....sometimes

Quick Reply: Bose crossover adjust