Sponsored by:

Bumper plugs - or front plate?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 08:22 PM
cvtbenhogan
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MJBird993
Hmmm. Good comments, thanks guys and gals. I live in NC, which does not require a front plate, otherwise this wouldn't be an issue.

I knew that there would be holes, but didn't know it would be this bad when I bought the car. Still, it wouldn't have kept me from buying it, quite frankly.
Feel your pain. The holes really bugged me early on. However, I'm okay three months later and just don't focus on them.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

We do offer a smaller cap size now for most colors, so the plugs have a smaller diameter and may look fine.....email me anytime w/questions. Got your email this morning....hope we can make it happen for you.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
We do offer a smaller cap size now for most colors, so the plugs have a smaller diameter and may look fine.....email me anytime w/questions. Got your email this morning....hope we can make it happen for you.
Eric, I ordered 2 a few days ago along with clear markers. I just ordered 2 more (I have 4 holes) and the B&M Short Shift Kit.

Any chance I can get the smaller size and see if it works? If not trade out for the bigger?

I will e-mail you as well.

Update- Eric already e-mailed me prior to me getting to him, I have to say I am very impressed with Eric/Bumperplugs!!!!!!! Thank you Eric, I hope the 4 of them work out, I saw 4 on a black car and it did not look that bad, will see what it looks like on white.

Last edited by MessyMarvin; 01-04-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Ken968
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I struggled with the vanity plate vs 4 bumper plugs also. I went with the 4 bumper plugs it was the better choice as I hate front plates. The Bumper plugs are top notch you will be pleased.

Ken
Old 01-04-2013, 10:21 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken968
I struggled with the vanity plate vs 4 bumper plugs also. I went with the 4 bumper plugs it was the better choice as I hate front plates. The Bumper plugs are top notch you will be pleased.

Ken
Good to hear, the few pictures I have seen do not look bad. Anything is better than the front plate, it takes away the whole look of the front in my opinion.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:28 AM
woodyTPA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have holes also. I made a deal with a quality autobody shop that I would remove the front bumper cover as I am going to install a 3rd radiator kit and replace my low horn NOT covered by my CPO warranty, and deliver the car and removed front bumper cover to them for repaint. Saves money in terms of their labor time to remove it, and let them reinstall it after fresh paint.Used cars sometimes need paint, a Porsche or not. Typically they do not have to blend into the hood or bumpers if just painting the cover. Get any dings removed paintless, claybrick and a good machine polish, and apply a clear bra.orrrrr approach the car from anywhere but the front and ignore it!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 AM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 147 Likes on 120 Posts

If you are really bothered have the bumper painted!
When I picked u my 06 there were a few scratches on the bumper they told me no problem, painted (Guards Red) the bumper and it matches perfectly and I'm fussy!
A good body shop will remove it paint and re-install it for about $300...

Quick Reply: Bumper plugs - or front plate?