Sponsored by:

Porsche replacement for my Ariel Atom

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 03:00 PM
PCC
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raspritz
Sorry folks, but I just don't get this thread. The OP has an Ariel Atom as a dedicated track car, but now wants to replace it with steet-legal supercar as a DD grocery-grabber? Are you kidding us?

Where do you plan to do all of this "incredible acceleration" with your DD? Not behind me on the highway, I hope. I test tweaks of my dedicated Porsche racecar in our extremely long private driveway, but then I stand on the brakes before I hit the main road. It only really gets to spread its wings at the track.

I don't get this thread.

When the road is clear and conditions permit, I frequently drive my 997 btw 80-100 mph on public highways. As you know, the car is perfectly safe drving at such a rate. Moreover, I'd much rather see a Porsche traveling at high speed than some of the idiots I see breaking the sound barrier in SUVs, pick ups and minivans.

I don't understand YOUR post. Did you really purchase your Porsche to drive 55 mph? If so, that says a lot about you.

I bought mine to drive!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:00 PM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think a Porsche is going to satisfy your speed demon desires. Test drive a Corvette ZO6 or ZR1 or the new Dodge Viper and then test drive a Porsche to see if you agree.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by beden1
I don't think a Porsche is going to satisfy your speed demon desires. Test drive a Corvette ZO6 or ZR1 or the new Dodge Viper and then test drive a Porsche to see if you agree.
Been there done that.
I owned a Corvette for about 3 months and hated it.
The Corvette felt way too big and bulky and I never felt that special feeling, feeling as one with the car, that I get from the Atom and my Boxster.

Quick Reply: Porsche replacement for my Ariel Atom