Sponsored by:

The hipsters in Cobble Hill

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 01:00 AM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 141 Posts
Default The hipsters in Cobble Hill

The wife and I drove the race car to dinner tonight in Brooklyn's Cobble Hill neighborhood and parked on the street. After dinner, we strolled back toward the car and talked for a few more minutes with our dinner companions before parting ways. Walking past us were a handful of perfect Brooklyn hipster folk, gawking a bit at my car and making some fun. "Ooooh," said one sarcastically, "the Carrera FIVE..."

To all the hipsters out there: If you're going to ridicule, at least know what it is you're making fun of!

I laughed to myself, hopped in and drove off.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:28 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

Which race car?
Old 11-04-2012, 08:02 AM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

Location: North Carolina, '12 cls63 '14 S550V4, 07TT-gone, 07Targa4S-gone
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hipsters are the worst.......they just mock what they cannot afford.......
Old 11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
buddy911t
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rednecks are worse. I overheard 2 dumbos say "let's crash into it" as they got out of their rusty pickup and looked toward my car parked a few spaces down. It's not the first time I've heard derisive remarks, they think I'm rich or something (which I'm not). These cars make allot of people act like hostile idiots.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

You guys should see redneck hipsters....

Seriously.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:05 AM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by buddy911t
Rednecks are worse. I overheard 2 dumbos say "let's crash into it" as they got out of their rusty pickup and looked toward my car parked a few spaces down. It's not the first time I've heard derisive remarks, they think I'm rich or something (which I'm not). These cars make allot of people act like hostile idiots.
agreed, I live in NC, where the 'redneck' people are at an all time high!
It's insane how funny they are too......

does anyone else get so sick and tired of getting : cut off, people trying to race you, always speeding up on the hightway while you try to pass them......

what is it about Pcars that turn others into kooks?

JEALOUSY
Old 11-05-2012, 08:30 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 476 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by buddy911t
It's my experience in an occupation that deals with people every day and just a life observation...............that a lot of people are "Hostile idiots"...........it doesn't take my car to turn them into that!

Tom
Old 11-05-2012, 08:32 AM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TommyV44
It's my experience in an occupation that deals with people every day and just a life observation...............that a lot of people are "Hostile idiots"...........it doesn't take my car to turn them into that!

Tom
whats that? Gas station attendent??
Old 11-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Petroguy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easy rotes! I actually am a Gas Station attendant...sort of.

For the record, I agree that our cars awaken some spite and jealousy in folks that are somewhat prone to that sort of thing it seems. It's a shame. That's life though. As a small biz owner, I feel I can't drive my P-car to work as it draws too many comments that lead me to believe that it effects the potential of our business by upsetting people.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:00 AM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Petroguy
Easy rotes! I actually am a Gas Station attendant...sort of.

For the record, I agree that our cars awaken some spite and jealousy in folks that are somewhat prone to that sort of thing it seems. It's a shame. That's life though. As a small biz owner, I feel I can't drive my P-car to work as it draws too many comments that lead me to believe that it effects the potential of our business by upsetting people.
a very interesting outlook.........can't show too much success for fear of being singled out.....by the business community.....

good luck with that, I feel like if you've worked hard then be proud to enjoy your success in this short life you know?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Petroguy
Advanced

I'm not singled out by the business community. My job/salary relies on a customer base that needs to remain happy. It is a small percentage of people that would get bent out of shape about it but it is very hard to get customers and easy to lose them. I agree with you about enjoying the fruits of your labor and I do. I just have to be mindful of the clientele that may be less eager to give me their hard earned money. If it were just a matter of pissing off "Bob" in accounting or the guy in the next cubicle, I wouldn't worry about it.

I agree with your idea to enjoy your success though, and I do.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:35 AM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Petroguy
I'm not singled out by the business community. My job/salary relies on a customer base that needs to remain happy. It is a small percentage of people that would get bent out of shape about it but it is very hard to get customers and easy to lose them. I agree with you about enjoying the fruits of your labor and I do. I just have to be mindful of the clientele that may be less eager to give me their hard earned money. If it were just a matter of pissing off "Bob" in accounting or the guy in the next cubicle, I wouldn't worry about it.

I agree with your idea to enjoy your success though, and I do.
sounds like you have your gas station then? Petro man!!!! haha, pretty cool, I could never own my own business......to much responsibility!!!!
hat off to you sir......putting it all on the line like that.....

we customers are a fickle bunch huh?

good luck!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:10 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Originally Posted by rotesAuto
whats that? Gas station attendent??
You prove my point with every post Thanks a bunch!

Tom
Old 11-05-2012, 10:25 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Oh and Rotes you spelled "attendent" wrong.............genius. Who's the gas station attendant (correct spelling) now?

Beauty.

Tom
Old 11-05-2012, 10:29 AM
2005997carrera2
Instructor

For some reason people seem to feel that since you are in a fast car they better prove the size of their testis. A middle aged man in a red Hyundai squealed his tires at a traffic light trying to "race" me. I hope they understand that we aren't pushing our car every time we drive. I wonder if they go brag to their friends when they get home and say they won in a race against a Porsche.

Quick Reply: The hipsters in Cobble Hill