Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tamdem Pump Corrosion.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 01:38 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts

Here's a rusted example from a 997.1 Turbo for reference.
Attached Images  
Old 01-29-2015, 07:51 AM
krispe
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Colin/Ninemeister Just posted a link for your cover on 911uk.com. I will be ordering one later this week!
Old 01-29-2015, 09:35 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by krispe
Colin/Ninemeister Just posted a link for your cover on 911uk.com. I will be ordering one later this week!
The move and real work has been keeping me from the forums for the last few months so whilst it is on my to-do list to be more active I have to thank you for saving me a job! Give me a call when you are ready to order one.

I should mention that we are also trying to source replacement bolts and seals for the covers so we can sell them as a complete kit.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:38 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by nzskater
Wish I'd known this last month. My replacement pump is ready for installation...
Sorry to miss the opportunity to save you money, although of course the cover would prevent corrosion or damage to the new pump as well ..... ;-)

Thanks for posting the photo of the rusty turbo pump, it helps when trying to get the message across when you can clearly see one in such a poor condition.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:35 AM
krispe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NineMeister
The move and real work has been keeping me from the forums for the last few months so whilst it is on my to-do list to be more active I have to thank you for saving me a job! Give me a call when you are ready to order one.

I should mention that we are also trying to source replacement bolts and seals for the covers so we can sell them as a complete kit.
Already emailed Freddie and asked the same thing re-bolts as mine are rusted badly and likely need drilling out!

Thanks Chris
Old 01-29-2015, 04:13 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Already emailed Freddie and asked the same thing re-bolts as mine are rusted badly and likely need drilling out!

Thanks Chris
New stainless steel bolts with the two seals will cost no more than £10+VAT. Freddie has ordered a stock of the bolts and although we can get the seals from Porsche we are also looking into the seal specification to see if we can beat Porsche prices. I'll post a new thread once we have all the details sorted.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:26 AM
krispe
Intermediate

My car is now booked in this Thursday at Ninemeister for new Tandem Pump Cover and to have the underneath of my car steam cleaned and clear waxoyled, (our roads are covered in salt at the moment )

Always wanted to visit Ninemeister so this is my perfect excuses for a trip.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:40 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

My car is now booked in this Thursday at Ninemeister for new Tandem Pump Cover and to have the underneath of my car steam cleaned and clear waxoyled, (our roads are covered in salt at the moment )

Always wanted to visit Ninemeister so this is my perfect excuses for a trip.
Nice one!

See me personally for the fresh coffee and biscuits.....
Old 02-12-2015, 09:24 AM
krispe
Intermediate

Finanlly found time to post on here. So I visited Ninemeister last Thursday to get my Tandem Pump cover replaced and an undercar clear waxoyl treatment. (I'll post seperately more about the visit itself). Anyway here are some pictures:-

Before:-

[img][/img]

Old VS New:-

[img]

New now fitted:-

[/img]Name:  2tpc_zps90eec9bd.jpg
Views: 2359
Size:  83.8 KB

Mine was pretty rusty but not leaking, (however as the car is now my daily driver and all the salt on the roads I did not think it would last long). The nice shiny new CNC'd cover means that it should now last for a very long time.... I still cannot believe that Porsche did not make these out of stainless steel or aluminium to begin with. Most importantly the new cover fits perfectly and my brakes feel exactly as the should.

On a side note my car is not as rusty underneath as many they have seen however I am still shocked by how bad some components were. Anyone with a 997 should seriously take it somewhere to have the undertrays removed, steam cleaned and then clear waxolyed, why Porsche did nut use more underseal on these cars is beyond me. (Although its more pipes/brackets/fixes etc which seem to be turning to dust) For those of us in the UK Ninemeister will do the job for £149+Vat (plus its a great place to visit just to see the cars they are working on and their showroom). Only downside is they need the car for 2 days
Old 08-19-2016, 12:10 PM
alternativecarp
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Porsche Tandem Pump Covers now in Stock!!

Hi Guys,

Good news I now manufacture the Tandem pump cover, I do it fro all Porsche models including the turbo. It comes with a new Porsche seal and stainless steel bolts and will never rust again as it is made out of a alloy. Contact me if you want one I ship worldwide. 100 in stock as of today! Gareth@alternativecarparts.co.uk
Old 08-20-2016, 11:05 AM
alternativecarp
Cruisin'

Replacement Tandem Pump Covers!!

Hi ,

Good news
through some ongoing development I now sell a British manufactured Tandem Pump cover, it is made to the highest standards and the part looks stunning; shame it is hidden. It comes in a kit with a new Porsche seal and stainless steel bolts. I have had them made for the 997 Turbo, 997, 987, 987C. If you want to know more contact me either here or at Gareth@alternativecarparts.co.uk
Old 09-23-2016, 04:36 AM
Custom100
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tandem pump rust prevention

Finally a solution to all your problems guys

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142125682334?ul_noapp=true

Last edited by Custom100; 09-23-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:54 AM
alternativecarp
Cruisin'

Hey Guys, sorry for the delay, we have been busy doing further development on the tandem pump cover, stainless steel seems to not be the future, it can be done but one of the biggest draw backs is the cost plus it seems to be an old solution to an old problem. We were even looking at pressing them in stainless steel to bring the costs down but I am told stainless does not stretch the same as mild steel. We have looked at many materials and each time ended back at stainless steel which I was happy with but my designers just were not happy with, they then said metal is not the solution plastic is!

My design team who work on design for F1, Bentley and aircraft have come up with the future! I will release all the images, technical specifications and list the parts for turbo and non turbo next week but the new tandem pump cover is being made in plastic!

Also we have the spark guard covers being made in a similar plastic so again they will not rust and be affordable, very exciting time.

This is a very high tech plastic which I have reports comparing the originals to the plastic one, the plastic one beats in every where from strength to heat resistance of over 900 degrees! The cherry on the top will be the cost it is much cheaper than stainless steel, so it better in every way and cheaper, what's not to like, a part for the future!!
Old 09-23-2016, 07:43 AM
Custom100
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cost effective

We also have a more cost effective solution made from aluminium.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142126605040?ul_noapp=true
Old 09-23-2016, 08:16 AM
alternativecarp
Cruisin'

We have tested Aluminium and also anodised and it was promising but in tests it will eventually fail, been there done that...

We have full analysis reports of everything we have done and tried, it has been a high tech process. I would not expect anyone to buy a part and stick it on a Porsche without technical proof and testing of suitability for the job. Days of low tech solutions are the past. Hope that helps!

Quick Reply: Tamdem Pump Corrosion.