Sponsored by:

997S with/without sport chrono package

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 02:17 PM
energetik9
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceter
Sport Chrono is one of those options that costs alot when buying new but does not carry alot of value through to the used market. I wouldn't necessarily pay for it in a new 911 but it was on my want list when I was shopping for my 997.2.
I'll second that. Didn't seem too hard to find the option when I was shopping and yes, I could add it later, but I liked the idea of having it stock. Most of the used 997.2s that were reasonably loaded seemed to have the sport chrono anyway. I also figured it would be of value down the road when I sell it. Not necessarily monetary value, but a plus in the nice to have for the next buyer.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:26 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,171 Likes on 3,935 Posts

Originally Posted by pkancel
FYI..I just acquired my 05 997 and immediately upgraded the IMS to the tune of approx $1600. Quick easy upgrade and now peace of mind. So dont rule them out if you can find a clean good mileage and good price one. $1600 small price to pay for that. I wasnt paying that much attention to Sport Chrono Package at all but as it turned out, the car I bought had it. Now I am very, very happy I went that direction because it is so much more fun to drive in Sport mode. Granted a bit harsher ride but a more aggressive launch and you can feel a significant difference. Drive down the road with your foot in the gas with Sport mode on and turn it off. You immediately feel the car back off a bit from acceleration. If I didnt have it, might not miss it but having it now makes it hard not to have it turned on at all times.
You know you can push the Sport button and then the PASM Shock button to have the combination of the quicker throttle response and the softer suspension ride, right? Pushing Sport moves both into sport mode, but then pushing the shock button moves the suspension back to normal mode while still leaving the engine portion in sport mode. Now you can have your acceleration and more compliant ride

Enjoy

Quick Reply: 997S with/without sport chrono package