997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fidelity Warranty Services (again)...

Old 03-30-2016, 12:12 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

guys, my contract is up in 7/2016, looking for dealerships that have reasonable pricing on extending coverage. Can anyone recommend a dealer? Do you know if the dealer has to inspect the car before purchase? PCA discounts?
Old 04-04-2016, 06:06 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

nothing? Any dealer recommendations?
Old 04-04-2016, 08:58 PM
street rod
Drifting

Received 222 Likes on 167 Posts

Check this thread especially the last page.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...es-here-4.html
Old 01-25-2018, 01:00 AM
tresean1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ricm
I called Fidelity and requested as many dealers in my area (and beyond) who sell their product. A call to each revealed a surprising $2K price differential for the same product. And don't be afraid to negotiate and/or buy from a different dealer/manufacturer - a FWS warranty is the same no matter where you buy from. I purchased a FWS Platinum from a local Kia dealer for $2K less than what the VW/Audi wanted.

One bothersome clause with the FWS Platinum over a comparable Warranty Direct plan is damage resulting from overheating. I read somewhere that a claim was denied due to overheating even though there was no evidence of it. But the lowest FWS quote was $2.8K less than Warranty Direct's exclusionary plan. One can go bonkers shopping for these products; trying to plan for any/all possibilities. But it's insurance and one has to guage their own comfort level vs. price point.
Originally Posted by mjsporsche
I have a Fidelity Platinum warranty. The mileage and years start from the day you buy the contract. So if you buy a 4 year 50K product, it is 4 years from the date you purchase the contract and add 50K to your odometer from when your contract goes into effect.

And I completely agree with the comment to shop around. Mine was purchased from a Honda dealer! Because I had less than 10K miles on my 2008 C2S when I purchased it (car was 3 years old), I was able to buy a 7 year / 70K Platinum policy with $100 deductible for $2,300. Great value because of the low mileage at time of purchase. If I was over 10K miles, it would have added another $2K+.
Originally Posted by SMR
Did you get the Lexus warranty? I just bought a '06 C2S Cab (also with 18,000 miles) and the Porsche dealer is strongly recommending the Lexus warranty (one of the many car maunufactureres they sell). I can get 5 years, 60K miles, for $3,600. They Porsche service guys claim the Lexus warranty is top notch, pays their full tech labor charges, no hassles with claims, etc. Anyone else have experience with this product?
Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Jeff,

When I researched warranty companies and decided on Fidelity, I contacted Fidelity Warranty Services ( http://www.fidelitywarrantyservices.com/ ) and asked them for 5 dealers in my zip code area that sell their warranty products. I wanted the Platinum policy with $100 deductible for 7 years / 70K miles at contract date. Because my mileage was under 10K, the pricing ranged from $4,700 (Porsche dealerships) to $2300 (Honda dealership). Same policy for my 2008 Carrera S. If my mileage was over 10K, the premium jumped another $2K.

Price shop the policies. They may be more now but the spread is likely similar among dealerships.

Mark
Hey guys

Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread, but I was reading thru some of the comments with successes in getting some amazing deals & purchasing from non-Porsche dealerships.
For the members I quoted above, would you mind sharing the contact information for the respective dealers you purchased your warranties from?

Much appreciated!!
Old 02-10-2018, 07:55 AM
tresean1
Advanced

Old 02-10-2018, 09:08 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by tresean1
My contacts at the Honda dealership are long gone. The dealership was sold 3 years ago and F&I personnel have changed many times.

My suggestion is still the same as in the posts you have quoted.. Contact Fidelity for the name of 5-10 dealers in your area that sell the Fidelity product and burn some shoe leather. Phone calls work but face to face can be more effective. You will get some quotes and then chose the lowest as they are all the same product. I saved $2K.

Edit...you do not need to limit yourself to your area but a good place to start if you want to do face to face contact.

Mark
Old 03-17-2018, 12:40 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,410 Likes on 2,687 Posts

I have a friend looking for a warranty - I checked out reviews of Fidelity Warranty and 100's of negative reviews explaining they won't cover large ticket items and terrible customer service.
Does anyone have actual claim experience with Fidelity for larger ticket repair??
Old 03-17-2018, 01:18 PM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
I have a friend looking for a warranty - I checked out reviews of Fidelity Warranty and 100's of negative reviews explaining they won't cover large ticket items and terrible customer service.
Does anyone have actual claim experience with Fidelity for larger ticket repair??
My research experience was similar to yours. The written word apparently sometimes is only as good as your ability to enforce it through the court system. Though some swear these warranties are great.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:05 PM
jeebus31
Three Wheelin'

Received 422 Likes on 233 Posts

Fidelity just paid out 12k to replace my trans and reseal left side of engine on my 997.1. I paid $250 (deductible). I have the Platinum level coverage and, obviously, highly recommend it. The process was easy, my mechanic did all of the legwork, and they also cover up to 10 days of rental car.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:33 PM
Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Two years ago, my water pump failed. I pulled into my garage and smelled, then saw an enormous amount of coolant pouring out of my car. I paid to have it flat-bedded to my Porsche dealer in Flemington, NJ. They replaced the water pump, thermostat and serpentine belt. It cost me only the $100 deductible ( Platinum). I did not even need to get involved with the claim. Everything was handled between the dealer and Fidelity. This dealer had told me that they never had a problem with Fidelity.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:23 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Local Porsche dealer told me they have never had any problems with Fidelity and had them replace a pdk once that was really questionable as to whether it needed to be replaced.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:40 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

Fidelity replaced my instrument cluster (a few pixels going out) no problem.. Part was almost 3K as I recall. This was part of their platinum policy.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:30 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Great info guys, I suspect any issues with the Fidelity boils down to how well your dealer knows the process and whether or not they've dealt with them before..
Old 03-28-2018, 03:39 PM
4merM3
Intermediate

Just bought the platinum 6/60 for my 997TT from Michael Jourdan at Mossy Motors. Great price and easy to do the deal.

Now on I know that nothing will ever break on my car.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:42 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Anyone know how “mod friendly” Fidelity is? I.e will they play games like “your lowering springs caused an engine mount failure” type of BS?

Considering this, but I also saw that apparently Porsche has backed their own third party extended warranty(?).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fidelity Warranty Services (again)...