Sponsored by:

Tubi installed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 08:33 PM
CtrUSA
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tubi installed!

After 2.5 years of ownership I finally pulled the trigger.
If someone is on the fence; don't! This is a great exhaust. I debated (too long) between several options. This is my DD, so I didn't want it to be too loud all the time (which is why I had considered PSE as well), but if you want to enjoy the radio, under regular traffic driving, it truly is extremely close to being stock quiet. The great sound is there ready to pop anytime you want it though and indeed you control the sound with your right foot.
The down side is that I am guessing I will be going through tanks of gas faster in th ecoming weeks - you basically want to accelerate and decelerate all the time. The gurgling and popping is great. 95F and quite humid today, but I couldn't help having the window down.

I purchased new from Alex at Sharwerks. Got a very fair price and really great service. Alex drop-shipped, which means I purchased on Tuesday and today it is on already.

So if you're thinking about it; do it - you won't regret it and if you want to go through Alex - you won't regret that either.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:14 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Congrats on the Tubi exhaust. I only hear great things about the exhaust and about Alex at Sharkwerks.

Caution. Excessive smiling may cause wrinkles.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:20 PM
CtrUSA
Instructor

I might have to moisturize then :-)
I don't think the smile is going to rub off soon!
Old 08-31-2012, 09:29 PM
PHX 911
Official Rennlist Snake Slayer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats!
I have Tubi on my car, and it's a cab, and I have wrinkles
Old 09-01-2012, 06:54 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 458 Likes on 265 Posts

Love mine!!

Can't believe I waited 2 years to do it!! And they say you can't teach a old dog new tricks!!

Enjoy!! Life is short!!

Tom
Old 09-01-2012, 10:57 AM
hot nikon
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my Tubi system. Had the opportunity (read forced by TS Issac) to move my OEM parts this week, reminded me :

1- OEM system weighs a ton.

2- Fit and finish of Tubi system so much nicer than OEM.

The single most important mod I've made. I tell guys that the Porsche PSE isn't really that great of a deal. Heavy, expensive, and come on, do you really need a button to change the volume of sound coming from your car?

Keep your rpm's down, noise isn't a problem. But get over 3000 turns, things get interdasting...
Old 09-01-2012, 08:04 PM
CtrUSA
Instructor

couldn't agree with everyone more. I've driven my car more today and yesterday than I would've otherwise. It's like when I originally purchased the car and was trying to get to break in mileage. Can't drive it enough now, but the good news is that rev's aren't limited to 4k.
These cars should come with Tubi standard!

Also; one thing I forgot to mention; I didn't want to install myself; don't have ramps, and it's just too hot in my garage these days. Given where I live; driving 1.5 hours each way to get to Tampa or Orlando seemed silly, so I went to a reputable local muffler shop, and the system was put in for $150 - no fuss and even if it was their first time dealing with Tubi, I stayed with the installer and it was a very easy process.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Total purchase price CtrUSA ?.......if you don't mind
Old 09-01-2012, 11:06 PM
hot nikon
Racer

Tom and the crew at Champion hooked me up, out the door for right at $3400.

Tubi + Labor + 6.5% sales tax.

I'm pretty sure that's about what the PSE costs.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:06 AM
CtrUSA
Instructor

Well, I don't want to :
1- hold Alex to a particular price
2- think anyone can't get a better deal
So I don't feel it is entirely apropriate to give exact price.

List price with Champion is $3450, I paid less and install was as mentioned.
Let's just say that for a new Tubi installed I am between $3k and Hot Nikon. That leaves enough to imagination and doesn't hold anyone down to anything :-)
Old 09-02-2012, 01:08 AM
TKO
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 46 Posts
Thumbs up

Congrats CtrUSA on the Tubi! Have one too and also love it. Can't imagine not having it now, can you? Totally transforms the personality of the car. Raspy .... !
Old 09-04-2012, 12:07 AM
CHV
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stupid? I had Alex send me their Sharkwerks Bypass and I like it, but really think I want a Tubi. Do I not need the Sharkwerks Bypass if I get a Tubi exhaust? (i.e., did I waste $)

Thanks
Old 09-04-2012, 12:33 AM
PHX 911
Official Rennlist Snake Slayer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CHV
Stupid? I had Alex send me their Sharkwerks Bypass and I like it, but really think I want a Tubi. Do I not need the Sharkwerks Bypass if I get a Tubi exhaust? (i.e., did I waste $)

Thanks
Tubi system from the cats back includes the X pipe, eliminating the center silencer. I would guess, since I haven't heard both, that the sound wouldn't be dramatically different, although I don't know the internal difference between the Tubi side mufflers and OEM side mufflers, since that's essentially the only difference.
There may be something to it, though, as it is common for folks to do the X pipe, and the gundo hack, to get a more aggressive sound from the OEM side mufflers.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:47 AM
wanderingwheelz
Instructor

The Sharkwerks pipes alone on a stock car (without PSE) aren't going to be enough for many people. I believe I once read a quote by Sharky himself saying his pipes work the best with PSE (Carrera GTS cars). I ended up having FD Motorsports modify my secondary mufflers to get the aggressive sound I was after. Along with the Sharkwerks bypass pipes it sounds awesome. I couldn't be happier.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:00 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by CHV

Thanks
The Tubi comes with the crossover pipes that eliminates the center muffler so yes....the Sharkwerks bypass won't be needed. Not all wasted though since it should be an easy sell in the classified section or right here.

Quick Reply: Tubi installed!