CHV
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:44 AM
CtrUSA
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you got the X-over from Alex at Sharwerks, perhaps you could get the Tubi from him as well and see if he'll take the X-over back for what you paid? Just a thought...
Old 09-05-2012, 01:12 PM
CHV
Instructor

Originally Posted by CtrUSA
If you got the X-over from Alex at Sharwerks, perhaps you could get the Tubi from him as well and see if he'll take the X-over back for what you paid? Just a thought...
I like that thought!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:31 PM
TKO
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by CHV
I like that thought!
He might sell you the Tubi cans separate to use with your Sharkwerks bypass. Their bypass and the Tubi bypass are nearly identical. Someone may have done this already ....
Old 09-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TKO
He might sell you the Tubi cans separate to use with your Sharkwerks bypass. Their bypass and the Tubi bypass are nearly identical. Someone may have done this already ....
CHV might like that thought even more. But I'm just guessing!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:54 PM
CtrUSA
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the tubi and SW Xover are in essence the same, and yes; you can get the Tubi cans separately. Cost will pretty much be the same in the end.
Since you've got the Xover you can try that - if not enough for you, then change the cans.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:14 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Actually guys the way it can work is if you already have our bypass it works directly _with_ the Tubi mufflers only which we sell. So you won't need to buy the Tubi center section I know the owner of Tubi pretty well and he was underneath our car years ago when we made it Normally they don't sell just the mufflers only but we are allowed to. So instead of it being $3500 for a full Tubi you can do just the sides from us for $2550 and continue to use our bypass Somewhat of a savings I guess?
Old 09-20-2012, 08:20 PM
BigRed911
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm buying. 2007 911S and want a sportier exhaust sound. Are the Fabspeed muffler bypass pipes good in increasing the exhaust note?
Old 09-21-2012, 09:58 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRed911
I'm buying. 2007 911S and want a sportier exhaust sound. Are the Fabspeed muffler bypass pipes good in increasing the exhaust note?
I'm going to say something that not everyone will agree with but it's my experience.

I had a Fabspeed on my 2001 Porsche and I hated the sound......too loud....much too loud! it's the primary reason why I didn't do one on my 2006 and my 2010 and then I started thinking about a louder engine sound and talked to my Porsche service guy who is a magician and a friend as well. I was considering PSE and he said NOT to do that!

He recommended Tubi or Cargraphioc and he leaned to Tubi for my car and Cargraphic for the Turbo. When I mentioned Fabspeed he had not one good thing to say about them....not one......hence my Tubi.

Do some investigatine first!!

Tom
Old 10-04-2012, 01:14 AM
RoadRacer
AutoX

I put the Tubi manifolds and cans on my '06 after it hit 1000 miles. LOVE this setup - it barks when you stand in it, burps under throttle lifts, and can be driven quietly with some forcible restraint. Wouldn't trade it for any other exhaust.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:54 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 856 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyV44
I'm going to say something that not everyone will agree with but it's my experience.

I had a Fabspeed on my 2001 Porsche and I hated the sound......too loud....much too loud! it's the primary reason why I didn't do one on my 2006 and my 2010 and then I started thinking about a louder engine sound and talked to my Porsche service guy who is a magician and a friend as well. I was considering PSE and he said NOT to do that!

He recommended Tubi or Cargraphioc and he leaned to Tubi for my car and Cargraphic for the Turbo. When I mentioned Fabspeed he had not one good thing to say about them....not one......hence my Tubi.

Do some investigation first!!

Tom
I had a Fabspeed but on my Boxster and it was okay. Some drone..an occasional CEL. Otherwise not bad but they do tend to cater to the loud crowd so to speak so you need to listen to them and decide what you want out of the car and your exhaust.

Also have a x-pipe on my C4S when I bought it [unknown to me or the dealer]. Found out my x-pipe was by AWE and went ahead and added a set of their performance mufflers this July. Sounds great when i want it to and no drone. Thought about a Tubi also and looked at Borla, Remus, and Fabspeed. Went with AWE...so like folks have said research all options and definitely listen to as many as you can!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Rocco07
Racer

Wink

It's good to know we can simply get the cans to add to the Sharkwerks pipe if we want. I'm glad some companies are not out to make money any way they can, by forcing unnecessary purchases on us. Thanks for that.

I see x-pipe and bypass and crossover being used interchangeably, but there are differences in how they're constructed. But I don't specifically know what, if any, performance gains or sound differences one configuration would produce vs another. The Sharkwerks I believe is a crossover/bypass pipe whereas the exhaust gas doesn't converge from both left and right cylinder banks. The x-pipes do allow the gases to combine before going to the mufflers.
Would an individual choose one configuration over another? If so, why?
I chose Sharkwerks due to the reputation they have and the testimonies here. Damn it. Why did I have to learn I can now get the Tubi cans only?

Quick Reply: Tubi installed!