Sponsored by:

Get me off the fence, please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Volnomad
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Get me off the fence, please!

Ok, guys, I'm stuck. I have been flirting with buying a 2008 911S. I've checked it out and driven it. The color is an old Porsche color, Murano Green, not one a lot of people are likely to care for. It has been offered for sale for quite some time. Most 911s seem to be black or gray, but I like the idea of something very different. The car is beautiful inside, but has no extras. To be honest, I don't really care about fancy electronics for my next P-car as I would not be driving it everyday. The price is a bit high, I know.

My concern is that I'd never be able to resell it, if I decided at some point that I wanted to upgrade. Also, is 8500 miles too few? Should I be worried? I would really appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

http://euroclassics.porschedealer.co...info.php?VHR=1
Old 08-26-2012, 06:48 PM
ajayabb
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I think that color is great. Appears to be a PTS color. The car also has sport chrono plus package which is awesome. The mileage is low but you also have a 2 year cpo with the car. That dealership is known for getting some real uncommon Porsche colors. Enjoy the car!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I think the color is amazing. One of the more recent Panorama magazines talked about all the unique 911 colors and how these cars are pulling in the big bucks after they become collectors. If you plan to keep it and you love the color it will pay off.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:45 PM
TKO
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
Well, I think the color is amazing. One of the more recent Panorama magazines talked about all the unique 911 colors and how these cars are pulling in the big bucks after they become collectors. If you plan to keep it and you love the color it will pay off.
I agree with above advice. I personally love it. Has full leather with grey stitch, awesome!

Good luck!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Spoddle
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great color, I also like the white seat belts which are an additional option. Work with them on the price a little and picking this car up should be a no brainer.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:48 PM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I, too, love the color. And frankly, a car with few options is a "keeper" in my book. Go ahead and buy with confidence.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:53 PM
BED997
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

How long has it been at the dealership?
Old 08-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Volnomad
Racer

The car has been for sale for about a year, but the price they were asking was very high. It is in near perfect condition inside and out. Have not done a PPI, but the car is certified.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:15 PM
RazrPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the color! This car has quite a bunch of options if you ask me. Full leather, deviated stitching, lots of optional interior trim bits, deviated seatbelts, Bose, Sport Chrono, multi-function steering wheel...

The price is a bit high for an 08 C2S, but this is one unique car that is not likely to be seen again. The miles are low, too, so you are getting an "essentially new" car even though it's 4 years old. I'll bet the MSRP was quite high on this one.

If you want unique, this is your chance! I'd love to see this car in person.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:19 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 474 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Volnomad
Ok, guys, I'm stuck. I have been flirting with buying a 2008 911S. I've checked it out and driven it. The color is an old Porsche color, Murano Green, not one a lot of people are likely to care for. It has been offered for sale for quite some time. Most 911s seem to be black or gray, but I like the idea of something very different. The car is beautiful inside, but has no extras. To be honest, I don't really care about fancy electronics for my next P-car as I would not be driving it everyday. The price is a bit high, I know.

My concern is that I'd never be able to resell it, if I decided at some point that I wanted to upgrade. Also, is 8500 miles too few? Should I be worried? I would really appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

http://euroclassics.porschedealer.co...info.php?VHR=1
Love that Color......love PTS and the 1 of a kind experience. When and if you want to sell it someone else will love it like you!!

Good Luck!!

Tom
Old 08-26-2012, 09:21 PM
stefang
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Had that been a cab I might have bought it, even though it's well above my budget. I love it. I didn't find a single PTS cab. Price is a bit high, but in line with CPO asking prices. Also tons of options. Good chance RMS is leaky if it's been sitting for a year. If you need to ditch it fast you'll loose money. If you keep your cars for many years, who cares.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:25 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I am not a fan of blue, but I would not hesitate to buy a PTS color I liked with that option package and those miles.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Volnomad
Racer

Thanks, everyone. I'm glad to hear that there are others who appreciate unique builds. I did not mean to imply the car had no options; it has many, particularly interior trim options. I think the MSRP was around $112k! I am contacting them again tomorrow to see if we can work a deal.

The front of the car is totally covered with clear film. I wonder if this was because the previous owner took it to the track, or if he was just very cautious?
Old 08-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts
Default Great car...

This is a GREAT car. I agree with all the comments on its' long term value. Most people are not brave enough to commit to something that unusual but I would go for it. I just pulled the trigger on a silver over full Carrera red. Love it but it too sat at a dealership for almost a year with lots of interest but no sale. Until me. What can I say? GO FOR IT! GIT 'ER DONE!

As for the protective film? On a car like this, just cautious. You can take it off but you have to be REALLY careful.

Last edited by Zeus993; 08-27-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Quite unique in colour, go get her !!

Quick Reply: Get me off the fence, please!