Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Received Fister Exhaust!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 01:46 PM
gonz911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the cans the originals sent for modification, or purchased from Fister?
Old 08-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by signature65
@LittleGreen---With an air ratchet you can have the mufflers out and back in in 10-15 mins per side. Its only 6 bolts per muffler. Without an air ratchet add about 10 mins. Its a really simple job
H'e fast. As a first time experience it was about 1 hour per side with hand tools and wheels on. I may have spent time caressing the parts.
Be sure to thoroughly lube the night before.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 48 Posts

Will lube tonight. Have lots of airtools. Anything you all wished you had and didn't when doing this from a tool perspective. I buy tools for a living so easy for me to get my hands on anything

Gonz,
I placed my order with Darrin and received a set of mufflers in about 10 days. I will pack mine and send them back to him in the same box. I can't not have my car as it's my dd. Some folks want their own mufflers done so they take them off and send them to him for the pipe and he returns them. I would expect that to be a 2.5-3 week turnaround. Maybe a bit faster if you fed ex.

Last edited by Little Green; 08-23-2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: replying to Gonz
Old 08-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Little Green
Anything you all wished you had and didn't when doing this
Beer.

I found it a very relaxing endeavor using hand tools and doing things slowly and carefully. I used 1/4 and 3/8 metrics.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:40 PM
gonz911
Pro

Thanks. Mine a a dd too and I was wondering. I'd rather buy a set. I'll contact Fister for pricing.

Will lube tonight. Have lots of airtools. Anything you all wished you had and didn't when doing this from a tool perspective. I buy tools for a living so easy for me to get my hands on anything

Gonz,
I placed my order with Darrin and received a set of mufflers in about 10 days. I will pack mine and send them back to him in the same box. I can't not have my car as it's my dd. Some folks want their own mufflers done so they take them off and send them to him for the pipe and he returns them. I would expect that to be a 2.5-3 week turnaround. Maybe a bit faster if you fed ex.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:13 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 977 Likes on 637 Posts

Fister doesn't have a core exchange type program? I guess since it's a retrofit, a guy with low mileage mufflers is going to want to make sure he doesn't get high mileage mufflers in return (from the previous customer). Best method, for Fister, is likely to modify and return originals.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Fister has core exchange. I have a set Fisters sitting on my front porch waiting to be installed. Just got delivered today. He may not have 997.2 or depending on the time you call, some cores might be in transit.

Originally Posted by rsabeebe
Fister doesn't have a core exchange type program? I guess since it's a retrofit, a guy with low mileage mufflers is going to want to make sure he doesn't get high mileage mufflers in return (from the previous customer). Best method, for Fister, is likely to modify and return originals.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

He does have an exchange program. I will send mine with only 17K miles on them for the next guy. And I have a 997.1 which may mean the ones I received from him may have more mileage but mufflers in general don't "go" bad. They just do what they do. Certainly the ones I received look fine. Very clean and look fine. I am not sweating putting someone elses mufflers on there. Again,
he will do yours but it will take at least two weeks with transit time I would imagine unless you paid for fed ex. They are not light and would be expensive to ship overnight.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:03 PM
jgoga
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by gonz911
Are the cans the originals sent for modification, or purchased from Fister?
I actually purchased a set from ebay and the car had 17,000 miles on them, i then had the ebay guy sent them directly to fister so i kept my originals.

John
Old 08-23-2012, 11:51 PM
jgoga
Rennlist Member

Here we go, some sounds!!!
The sound is awesome!!!!

John

Old 08-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ok maybe I am just stupid but I removed all the nuts. The bolts that hold the exhaust cans on are long and they come in from the top. How did you get the mufflers off since the bolts have to come out and there is no room for them to move up. What am I missing? need help asap
Old 08-25-2012, 11:07 AM
jgoga
Rennlist Member

Ok maybe I am just stupid but I removed all the nuts. The bolts that hold the exhaust cans on are long and they come in from the top. How did you get the mufflers off since the bolts have to come out and there is no room for them to move up. What am I missing? need help asap
You have to remove the bracket which has 3 bolts. You are correct, you can not remove the long bolts unless you remove the entire bracket.

John
Old 08-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Got it. Figured it out. It is literally a 45-1 hour job once you realize the three bolt issue.
Thankfully no rust. Everything unbolted easily. Amazing that you can do this job with a 13mm socket and ratchet and one 13mm wrench. Use ramps, makes life very easy.
Drove it around and I can't believe how good that sounds when you get on it and how quiet it is under 3500 rpm
Old 08-25-2012, 07:09 PM
dwost
Advanced

That sounds sick! Very nice.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:18 AM
wanderingwheelz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still have yet to hear a recording that closely mimics the sound of an exhaust. That said, this mod is well worth the time and money.... If you like the sound on video, you'll love it live and in person. Everyone I take for a drive in my car laughs out loud. It's that awesome. I have a 2012 997.2 S Cab with Sharkwerks pipes and the Fister side cans. Also, I think my AWE S-FLO high performance air filters may have a small impact on the intake sound at higher RPMs, too. All things considered, the FD Motorsports sport exhaust is the best value by far. Do it first.

Quick Reply: Received Fister Exhaust!!!!!