Sponsored by:

Window/dash area whistle at high speed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 11:24 AM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Another area that was long known as a problem is the side mirrors. The very first test drive I took in 2005 of a 997 revealed that as a major league irritant. They sometimes need to be sealed up. Mine was good from the factory but over time (or heavy-league bug strikes) it had to be played with.
I've quite a few posts from 997 owners that the newer forked side mirror design is prone to making whistling type noises.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:56 PM
bheit1
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
Who did the work? Do you know what the glass maker was and is in your car now? In short, I will only accept OEM glass installed by a dealer... I got stories. SafeLite is famous for using cheap glass, much of it Chinese and while it may meet saftey regulations, I have multiple windshields with warps and other nasties.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
The installer was Auto Glass Express from White Bear Lake, MN. Recommended by Porsche St Paul - they don't do glass or body work. Glass was OEM Porsche, same part no. as original. It's still in the car - installed two years ago. I have had no problems since the second attempt. Apparently some Porsche glass isn't perfect either. The installer seemed very competent.

Quick Reply: Window/dash area whistle at high speed?