Sponsored by:

De Badging De Rigueur in Deutschland

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Minok
Yeah, it is a straw man, but the point is that in a free labor market, the desires of an employee, who can choose to work at another location, should not dictate the nature of the business they work for.
But surely you see that with that criteria, no employer anywhere would be required to provide safe working conditions for their employees. In theory, it's fine to say that if you don't like it you can go somewhere else, but if no employer is required to meet standards, and since people need jobs in order to feed their families, then in reality it leaves workers in an untenable position and the labor market isn't really free at all. We've been there already with sweatshops, child labor, the company store, etc. I don't think Americans want a return to that world. I usually agree with you, Minok, but IMO you're off base on this one.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think too many people would disagree that outlawing Public Smoking in restaurants and shopping malls was a bad thing. As a person that enjoys a cigar from time to time I would never want to destroy somebody's dinner by blowing smoke their way. Common sense and good manners. I actually like not' smelling like a cigarette when leaving the pub. My point in the beginning is that if we give you Libs an inch you'll take a mile. Hence, the outlawing of people smoking in their own apartments/homes. There are hundreds of other examples but no energy to discuss.

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
But surely you see that with that criteria, no employer anywhere would be required to provide safe working conditions for their employees. In theory, it's fine to say that if you don't like it you can go somewhere else, but if no employer is required to meet standards, and since people need jobs in order to feed their families, then in reality it leaves workers in an untenable position and the labor market isn't really free at all. We've been there already with sweatshops, child labor, the company store, etc. I don't think Americans want a return to that world. I usually agree with you, Minok, but IMO you're off base on this one.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
My point in the beginning is that if we give you Libs an inch you'll take a mile.
And a self-admitted Con like yourself can apparently take anything and make a generalization out of it. I suppose it's simpler to deal with the world that way, but it's usually wrong. My beliefs don't fit a catagory, which is why I don't listen to hate radio like that represented by your friend Mr. Savage. Too monochromatic. I'm liberal on some things, libertarian on others, and conservative on still others. I know that's complex and makes it harder for you to understand and accurately design a label for me, but I can live with that....

Last edited by Mike in CA; 07-20-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:18 AM
Spokane5150
Banned

Ohhhh.....you're an independent which is code word for LIBERAL. You'll believe in anything so long as it suits your lifestyle sort of like a drug addict justifies everything he or she does. I bet you're the same with your religion. You're way of thinking isn't complex at all, it's just weak minded and lazy and that is why it's so easy for you to live with it'.

I doubt you've even listened to Savage. To you it's hate speech....to the intelligent...it poetry.

And a self-admitted Con like yourself can apparently take anything and make a generalization out of it. I suppose it's simpler to deal with the world that way, but it's usually wrong. My beliefs don't fit a catagory, which is why I don't listen to hate radio like that represented by your friend Mr. Savage. Too monochromatic. I'm liberal on some things, libertarian on others, and conservative on still others. I know that's complex and makes it harder for you to understand and accurately design a label for me, but I can live with that....

Last edited by Spokane5150; 07-21-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,269 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyV44
I remember that place!:roll eyes:

Tom
You should move to Canada. Uh... After reading the other posts, maybe not. The good news is that despite smoking laws becoming tighter our european heritage allows us to still debadge our cars!
Old 07-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Ohhhh.....you're an independent which is code word for LIBERAL. You'll believe in anything so long as it suits your lifestyle sort of like a drug addict justifies everything he or she does. I bet you're the same with your religion. You're way of thinking isn't complex at all, it's just weak minded and lazy and that is why it's so easy for you to live with it'.

I doubt you've even listened to Savage. To you it's hate speech....to the intelligent...it poetry.
More labels, guesses, and generalizations......not a great advertisement for that strong minded approach to thought that you espouse. BTW, what is it about CONS like yourself? There may be exceptions, but for the most part it seems whenever you're pressed on your views, you lapse into attempts at outrageous insult. Why is that? Is that really all you've got?

I've listened to Savage out of morbid curiousity, he used to be on 910 KNEW in SF. Couldn't stomach more than 5 or 10 minutes at a time. Since 2009 he's been on a list of those barred from entering the United Kingdom for "seeking to provoke others to serious criminal acts and fostering hatred". Quite a guy to emulate, your hero.

Last edited by Mike in CA; 07-21-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:47 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 845 Likes on 574 Posts

We love our Country. The Libs hate it.
That's F'in ridiculous. Do you even belief the garbage you spew? Why don't you guys go to politics and religion. Pay your $18, mr cconservative. Is that a liberal trait, getting a free ride. I thought a Con like you would not mooch off the rest of us..
Old 07-21-2012, 03:30 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Rod...good **** name. You effeminate panty wasted boys need to catch a clue. Don't talk your shyt and I won't say anything about politics. You, tight-Shirt Vern and your sister Mikey from Caly are constantly talking trash. If you see something that doesn't fit your Liberal play-list, you automatically have some smart *** comment. You guys aren't contributors.... you're trolls. I see you trying the same shyt with Palm but since his IQ is double yours....he verbally abuses you "All" back into submission. It's lovely to watch it all' unfold. I can almost see your pathetic eyes bleed while your reading Palms comments; it's freak'n hilarious. I may not be as smarts as any of you guys but I can sure tell when somebody is a douche bag and you guys are some of the worse sort. I'm done bantering back and forth with you wieners.

I won't talk to you if you don't talk to me. Fair enough?

Originally Posted by rodsky
That's F'in ridiculous. Do you even belief the garbage you spew? Why don't you guys go to politics and religion. Pay your $18, mr cconservative. Is that a liberal trait, getting a free ride. I thought a Con like you would not mooch off the rest of us..
Old 07-21-2012, 03:42 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Rod...good **** name. You effeminate panty wasted boys need to catch a clue. Don't talk your shyt and I won't say anything about politics. You, tight-Shirt Vern and your sister Mikey from Caly are constantly talking trash. If you see something that doesn't fit your Liberal play-list, you automatically have some smart *** comment. You guys aren't contributors.... you're trolls. I see you trying the same shyt with Palm but since his IQ is double yours....he verbally abuses you "All" back into submission. It's lovely to watch it all' unfold. I can almost see your pathetic eyes bleed while your reading Palms comments; it's freak'n hilarious. I may not be as smarts as any of you guys but I can sure tell when somebody is a douche bag and you guys are some of the worse sort. I'm done bantering back and forth with you wieners.

Deal. People like you resort to name calling and xenophobia. Lib, ****, douche. Didn't you grow out of that in high school.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Sorry, we are a family of name callers.

Originally Posted by rodsky
Deal. People like you resort to name calling and xenophobia. Lib, ****, douche. Didn't you grow out of that in high school.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:33 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

More labels, guesses, and generalizations......not a great advertisement for that strong minded approach to thought that you espouse. BTW, what is it about CONS like yourself? There may be exceptions, but for the most part it seems whenever you're pressed on your views, you lapse into attempts at outrageous insult. Why is that? Is that really all you've got?

+100. Did you see how many insults I got when I asked Spoke (or should i say Spokie-poo ) to take his antics to the appropriate forum. Two problems, first he'd have to come up with the $18 to do so. And second he'd be apart from his hero Palm who doesnt hesitate to take every thread into the mud slinging gutter by either deingrating most people or any 911 that isnt a 2005 997.1 6MT. Spoke thinks that he is an utter genius at doing so. Savage and Palm - now there are two people to look up to Hero's indeed.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

There we go......now that's what I'm talking about. You just pegged the hypocrite meter. I was having a civil conversation with Minok, not you, until you barged in with the Lib comments, so I wasn't the one who started acting like a "douche bag" and talking "shyt".

Be glad to accommodate your request. Enjoy your day.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:52 PM
krysFly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a lighter note. How does everyone deal with bird poop. I had one just before a big meeting, so I had to get it clean quickly, but how?
The question is do you rub it off, scrape it off with your nails, or just drive off. Damn you bird!
Old 07-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Simply wet a paper napkin and wet area, leave for a minute the wipe off with clean wet napkin.
Gently tho !
Old 07-21-2012, 10:47 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by krysFly
On a lighter note. How does everyone deal with bird poop. I had one just before a big meeting, so I had to get it clean quickly, but how?
The question is do you rub it off, scrape it off with your nails, or just drive off. Damn you bird!
I keep wet wipes in the car for emergencies like this. The thing that amazes me is that I see $140K Porsche turbos on dealers lots with dried up bird messes on the hood, and no one bothers to take the 10 seconds required to clean it up. I'm not a detailer, but I can't imagine that the acidic mess is good for a car's finish.

Quick Reply: De Badging De Rigueur in Deutschland