Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

De Badging De Rigueur in Deutschland

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 03:36 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 77 Posts

i was in my local PZ today and on the floor were 8 or 9 997's of various ages and 5 of 'em had just the 911 emblem on the back, 2 and 4, S and non, i have to think they were ,,, never mind, but they were there and look good badged thusly
Old 07-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
California is the most controlling and most politically correct State in the U.S. Are you trying to say that the liberals that make up the majority of the State aren't passing legislation that restricts your freedom? (Too stupid so I'll make the decision for you mentality) Don't think they won't turn on your beautiful cars and women.

What was the latest? Illegal to smoke in your own apartment/home? California is full of hypocrites. Let's spend millions of Dollars to save Willie but let a bunch of kids starve to death because it makes me feel good to save a whale. How about throwing the whale back into the sea and make fish food for all the other fish then we can take the money and save some kids?

Just because you might be a burnout Conservative from Northern California doesn't mean your State is Conservative. They'll eventually turn on you and your cars if you're not careful or move to Nashville.
Well, that was well thought out.

And, "Too stupid so I'll make the decision for you mentality".....??

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:00 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

tell them brother! CA is going down the tubes (damn near there) - can't smoke a ciggy anywhere, but you can buy pot and smoke that as you please - hell run naked in Bay to Breakers if you want....but NO ciggies

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
California is the most controlling and most politically correct State in the U.S. Are you trying to say that the liberals that make up the majority of the State aren't passing legislation that restricts your freedom? (Too stupid so I'll make the decision for you mentality) Don't think they won't turn on your beautiful cars and women.

What was the latest? Illegal to smoke in your own apartment/home? California is full of hypocrites. Let's spend millions of Dollars to save Willie but let a bunch of kids starve to death because it makes me feel good to save a whale. How about throwing the whale back into the sea and make fish food for all the other fish then we can take the money and save some kids?

Just because you might be a burnout Conservative from Northern California doesn't mean your State is Conservative. They'll eventually turn on you and your cars if you're not careful or move to Nashville.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well....I was hoping you were a Savage Listener but I guess your not.

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Well, that was well thought out.

And, "Too stupid so I'll make the decision for you mentality".....??

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:55 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Or stogies... I fly out to the bay area every other week on business. George Orwell's 1984 was 28 years ahead of it's time... socially we're there. Think of all the words no longer "politically correct" including terrorist. Heck, they make you feel like a social terrorist when you just want to smoke a cigar with your buddies after a meal. BTW, there is still one place I know of located in Palo Alto which still allows smoking in the back area. La Bodeuita. Great Cuban food and opportunity for a cigar afterwards. Let's all meet there in protest with a good smoke!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:05 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
tell them brother! CA is going down the tubes (damn near there) - can't smoke a ciggy anywhere, but you can buy pot and smoke that as you please - hell run naked in Bay to Breakers if you want....but NO ciggies
Yup, there's nothing better than going to a nice restaurant or being in a public place and getting to enjoy second hand smoke from someone else's unhealthy habit.

People should be free to do pretty much whatever they like in the privacy of their own homes, including smoke pot, which BTW you can't legally buy just anywhere and smoke "as you please" in CA, but let's not allow facts to get in the way of a good rant. They should also have the right to do pretty much whatever they like in public as long as it doesn't interfere with someone else's rights, freedom or safety. I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons for having societal rules in the first place.

When I travel to other countries or locations where smoking is allowed in enclosed public places, I'm thankful that I don't have to endure that all the time. I don't care on principle if someone smokes in public, just keep it out of my face; oh wait, that's usually not possible, and therein lies the problem.

Sorry for going OT, just adding my opinion to some that were already expressed. Can't wait for the flames on this one.....

Last edited by Mike in CA; 07-19-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:48 PM
tetzlafh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TommyV44
I remember that place!:roll eyes:

Tom
Ha! "Land of the free.." I def don't ever remember that place

Now, Germany does it right! Who cares if they are a silver/dark grey/black car community!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:13 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

who cares? ido

Last edited by kkswow12; 08-30-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:16 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

don't know how that giant pic got in there, but it looks good, even if it is a crummy phone phic
Old 07-19-2012, 03:15 PM
stubenhocker
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Yup, there's nothing better than going to a nice restaurant or being in a public place and getting to enjoy second hand smoke from someone else's unhealthy habit.

People should be free to do pretty much whatever they like in the privacy of their own homes, including smoke pot, which BTW you can't legally buy just anywhere and smoke "as you please" in CA, but let's not allow facts to get in the way of a good rant. They should also have the right to do pretty much whatever they like in public as long as it doesn't interfere with someone else's rights, freedom or safety. I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons for having societal rules in the first place.

When I travel to other countries or locations where smoking is allowed in enclosed public places, I'm thankful that I don't have to endure that all the time. I don't care on principle if someone smokes in public, just keep it out of my face; oh wait, that's usually not possible, and therein lies the problem.

Sorry for going OT, just adding my opinion to some that were already expressed. Can't wait for the flames on this one.....
I don't think your reference to "public" should include privately owned restaurants, bars, etc. The owner of any of those establishments should be the one to determine the smoking policy and post it for all to see, t6hen the public could choose whether to patronize the place or not. That's the way freedom works, not by gov't edict for the "greater good"!

You speak of rants getting in the way of facts, here's one for you, FACT, There is NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE OF ANY DANGER FROM SECONDHAND SMOKE, yes it smells, and I hate to be exposed to it, but lets not get crazed over this issue!

Here's a question for you, who has a longer lifespan smokers or gays?

One of these groups is a pariah in Calif the other is celebrated...

Leftists, never let the facts get in the way of their emotions...
Old 07-19-2012, 03:42 PM
IslandS52
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stubenhocker
I don't think your reference to "public" should include privately owned restaurants, bars, etc. The owner of any of those establishments should be the one to determine the smoking policy and post it for all to see, t6hen the public could choose whether to patronize the place or not. That's the way freedom works, not by gov't edict for the "greater good"!

You speak of rants getting in the way of facts, here's one for you, FACT, There is NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE OF ANY DANGER FROM SECONDHAND SMOKE, yes it smells, and I hate to be exposed to it, but lets not get crazed over this issue!

Did you just really type these two statements?!

The reason smoking is banned in establishments is more to protect the employees that need to be in there all day/night, not the patrons.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Be careful....Stub might know what he's talking about.

http://news.heartland.org/newspaper-...moke-no-danger

Old 07-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by islands62
The reason smoking is banned in establishments is more to protect the employees that need to be in there all day/night, not the patrons.
The initial complaint made about smoking in a restaurant was that patrons had to smell the smoke, so that's what was addressed.

That said, people are also free to work where they want and not work where they don't. No one makes you work at a place where smoking is allowed. Are we gonna say close all strip clubs because a waitress is offended by the appearance of bare skin?
Old 07-19-2012, 04:13 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

wait, what were we talking about again...? oh yeah, my beautiful car...
Old 07-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Re-read what I wrote. I wrote about restaurants or public places. I then went on to write about enclosed public spaces specifically. I didn't try to confuse the two, as you obviously have.

Could you point out what I wrote that was "crazed"? Smoking is unhealthy for the smoker. There is ample evidence for that, and that's the only reference to health that I made. Whether second hand smoke is unhealthy or not is irrelevant; it stinks, it's annoying, and I don't care to have it in my face.

Not worthy of response.

I wrote that second hand smoke was obnoxious and that people should be free to do what they choose in private or public as long as it doesn't interfere with the rights of others, and that makes me a leftist? I think your playbook of attempted insults needs updating.....

Quick Reply: De Badging De Rigueur in Deutschland