Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering Sharkwerks exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 05:30 PM
wanderingwheelz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2012 997.2 S Cab 6 speed. Right after I bought it I put on the Sharkwerks primary muffler bypass pipes- the car probably had @ 200 miles on it when I did the replacement. I would highly recommend it. There is not annoying noise at ordinary RPMs and the note don't get noticeably louder until @3500 RPM- and even then is is far from obnoxious. I think it makes a much better sound at start up too, but I didn't live with the original exhaust long enough to be 100% sure. Sharkwerks was one of the best buying experiences I've ever had, too- they are a great group of people and will bend over backwards to make you 100% satisfied.

By the way, the pipes are very easy to install, just be sure you have a 13mm swivel socket to get to the top of the cats. If you do it makes the job much easier. And be sure to keep your stock muffler since they are expensive and needed later if your car is ever CPO'd.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Dan@SharkWerks
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by FnHern
I bought my first Porsche (2011 997.2) about 10 months ago. Love the car overall but I've never been really satisfied with the exhaust note so I'm reviewing my options. I don't want to spend $3-4k for a PSE and now I'm considering a Sharkwerks exhaust but I have some questions.

I live in a quiet neighborhood and really don't want an exhaust sound that is overly loud or aggressive while driving at low, neighborhood speeds mainly out of courtesy to my neighbors. I do want something more aggressive but not obnoxiously loud. Also don't want to annoy my wife. .

Anyone have any thoughts on the sound of a Sharkwerks exhaust given the above considerations?

Also, anyone know whether the Sharkwerks exhaust will adversely affect the Porsche warranty?

Finally, any info as to total cost (parts plus installation) would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi there, I believe we just talked on the phone and I hope my answers were helpful. This system is the quietest aftermarket exhaust I know of for the 2009+ so it's generally wife/neighbor approved.

The price we charge for this system is $695 and about $140 for the installation. Your price might vary depending on sales tax/shipping and install etc. but is probably close to this.

Please let me know if you have any other questons.

Originally Posted by niner niner seven
I guess sharkwerks is your route then, altho I have heard its very very loud.
Hi niner,
We sell several exhausts for different cars at varying volumes. The exhaust mentioned in the first post is probably our quietest system.
Phone: 510-651-0300
Email: dan@sharkwerks.com

SharkWerks' Latest Updates on Twitter
Old 07-05-2012, 10:44 PM
FnHern
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the info. Such a great group of people on this board. I've decided to go with Sharkwerks, will provide an update after it's installed.

And Tom, you may be older than me but the color of your car must deduct at least a couple decades from your age. That blue is gorgeous!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:37 PM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cyberay
I have 2012 GTS which comes with sport exhaust. I used the Sharkwerks 3rd muffler elimination pipes and now normal mode sounds pretty much like the way it sounded with the sport exhaust turned on. I think you'd be satisfied with the sound by simply eliminating that 3rd muffler and you'd save yourself a couple thousand dollars.
^ Agreed, my sounds perfect with the 3rd delete.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:22 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

I knew I shouldn't have read this thread.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:39 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 474 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by FnHern
Thanks everyone for the info. Such a great group of people on this board. I've decided to go with Sharkwerks, will provide an update after it's installed.

And Tom, you may be older than me but the color of your car must deduct at least a couple decades from your age. That blue is gorgeous!
Thank you my friend!! Look forward to hearing about it!

Tom
Old 07-06-2012, 12:57 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

I've done business with Sharkwerks, friends of mine have bought from them and I have read about them for years on various forums. I've never ever read anything bad about these guys. They manufacture and/or sell great products, they are over board friendly and helpful. You really can trust their recommendations and buy with confidence.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:04 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyV44

My Porsche tech recommended Tubi over PSE.

Since he walks on water with me that's what I decided to go with!
I had the same noise considerations as you plus I'm probably 100 years older!;

Best of Luck to you!

Enjoy....life is short!

Tom
Is it on your car yet? If yes...what do you think?
Old 07-06-2012, 06:43 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 474 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Is it on your car yet? If yes...what do you think?
It's in the shop now and I'm due to get it back late today. Can't wait to hear it! I'll definitely let you know!

Thanks for the great feedback!

Tom
Old 07-06-2012, 08:03 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt3 Racer RS
Wow, im surprised that you don't think its loud enough, I have 997.2 C4S with PSE and at 4000 rpms its pisses off neighbors
The OP has stock mufflers, NOT PSE.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:10 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I added the Sharkwerks 3rd muffler delete (replacement and PSE after I bought my pre-owned 2010. Sharkwerks pipes with stock side mufflers made the sound much more enjoyable. A month later I installed the PSE to replace the stock side mufflers and found "Exhaust Nirvana!"
Old 07-06-2012, 02:11 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by daddyscar
I knew I shouldn't have read this thread.
ROFL!!!

And seriously a warm and heart-felt thanks to you guys for the support over the years. I still remember daily driving my 09 R&D car with this set up and thinking, "Hey this is the first one yet the wife has said isn't too loud". I must say with the PSE combo I really do like it when the valves open up

Quick Reply: Considering Sharkwerks exhaust