Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone here with a C2S or C4S question their choice?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 02:25 AM
mattyf
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

OP, I'm not up on how compact wheelchairs can get... but I'm not sure you can fit a chair in the back of a 997 without messing something up. The back is quite contoured. I can fit my small children, but that's really what it's designed for. I'd swing by the dealership with your favorite backseat chair and see how it fits.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:04 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

NO ONE can answer this question, I don't know why people bother really. You MUST drive both, along with your M3, and see which is *more exciting* for you?!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Datura
Instructor

Location: Big Bend region of West Texas/Hill Country near Austin. Texas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would also do a dry run at the dealership with your wheel chair. One of my kids (now an adult) is in a chair, and I really am having a difficult time picturing how that chair is going to fit in the backseat of any 911 unless they have really downsized them.
I also doubt you will ever feel that the C2S with 355 hp is underpowered. Mine is awesome as a daily driver and thrills at an occasional DE.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Originally Posted by kimster
What I want mainly is a car that I can enjoy the feel of driving around (without having to go 100+mph to actually enjoy it). Im not too crazy concerned with exact performance figures......any opinions on the matter would be appreciated.
Mini Cooper S. Suits your criteria and accomodates a wheelchair.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:17 AM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 81 Posts

Drive both, the c2s is more toss able and fun... The c4s is more planted. Different feeling.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:33 PM
kimster
Intermediate

thanks to everyone for posting... its been helpfull to read everyone's input.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:37 PM
kimster
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mattyf
OP, I'm not up on how compact wheelchairs can get... but I'm not sure you can fit a chair in the back of a 997 without messing something up. The back is quite contoured. I can fit my small children, but that's really what it's designed for. I'd swing by the dealership with your favorite backseat chair and see how it fits.
Originally Posted by Datura
I would also do a dry run at the dealership with your wheel chair. One of my kids (now an adult) is in a chair, and I really am having a difficult time picturing how that chair is going to fit in the backseat of any 911 unless they have really downsized them.
I also doubt you will ever feel that the C2S with 355 hp is underpowered. Mine is awesome as a daily driver and thrills at an occasional DE.
I did go to the dealership already to test out my chair in the car when I drove the 997TT. the chair fits ok back there because of the shape of the interior. The only thing that has to be done to make it easier is removing the top section of the rear seats (the part that folds down) which can be done really easy by just removing the pin that goes through the latch.

I have lots of experience putting my chair in all sort of cars that people wouldn't think I could drive.... I guess when you want it bad enough you find a way to get it done..
Old 06-29-2012, 05:40 PM
mander
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by wanderingwheelz
Also, some people say if you replace one tire on an all wheel drive car you need to replace all four so as not to ruin the computer. So if you trash a tire, you're going to potentially have to replace all four- a huge expense on these cars. So that factored into my decision too.
Huh?

Back to the original post. When I bought my 09C4S I considered an M3. Way too heavy for me and I didn't like the automatic. Would have gone manual on that car.

I bought a 4 because I live in Nebraska and it is a daily driver. If I was not going to drive in snow I would have gone 2, much more tossable. Love the PDK, my first automatic ever.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:42 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

You must be relatively new to Porsches if your reaction to 355HP is "would this be enough?"

The horsepower rating of a Porsche is misleading. You can't truly compare a 911's HP to the HP of nearly any other car because a 911 lays down that power in a completely more effective manner. With massive rear tires and most of your weight on those driven wheels you have zero wheel spin and you are immediately putting that into movement forward--and not wasted with spinning tires and the like.

Be patient, and look and look to find a 997S to drive. They're out there. Find out the personalities of these cars--they are truly all bespoke cars, with different feelings for each.

Quick Reply: Anyone here with a C2S or C4S question their choice?