Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CPU "Not Ready" for inspection!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 08:18 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

As far as the CAI debate. There are many posts about it and actually some w/ members conducting their own tests of heat, performance, etc, etc. Also, this CAI, is specifically designed to reduce the turbulence from the stock unit, given the Y shape / funneling the air more "cleanly" into the throttle body. Here's a pic of the unit.
Attached Images  
Old 05-23-2012, 08:52 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
Any updates?? Mine failed again for the 3rd time at the shop. Then I decided to plug back in the solenoid that control the PSE, becasue it was the only irregualr thing other than removing the CAI, which I can't imagine being the issue. I only got to drive it 20 miles before testing again, which then failed for the 4th time. Each time it's the same readout as I posted above. I am due for my 3rd annual @ the dealership, so I am going to turn it over to them to resolve.
I haven't had time to do anything more and was probably just going to take it to my dealer.

Thanks QC for the link. Interesting that the RPMs for the various tests are so low, maybe I'll try to cycle the car per the chart and see what happens.

Only mods that might affect anything are the Fabspeed cold air intake and PSE (without switches), both of which have been on for years with no problems.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:00 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Not really. The DME is plenty able to affect "fueling" based on air intake temps.

The cai can cause turbulence, which can affect MAF resolution by placing bends right in front of the maf.

That won't, however, cause a delay in achieving monitor readiness.

OP, this should not be difficult.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...est-drive.html

try the steps illustrated in the above link.
I missed this link, thanks for posting. At this point, it has to go into the dealership for the annual, so I assume if they have to recode, etc to get it ready, they will be able to do so.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:59 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Finally passed once the dealership reset the codes!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NICE! About time, eh?
So the intake was OK all along?
Old 06-07-2012, 02:37 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
As far as the CAI debate. There are many posts about it and actually some w/ members conducting their own tests of heat, performance, etc, etc. Also, this CAI, is specifically designed to reduce the turbulence from the stock unit, given the Y shape / funneling the air more "cleanly" into the throttle body. Here's a pic of the unit.
honestly, it is one of worst units and is not CAI at all - it will suck in hot air from engine compartment while stock airbox funnels air from outside.

there were a lot of debates about it, imho if you have durametric it would worth to try to measure online intake air temperature difference with stock airbox and with this one. i would never beleive this 'CAI' will give lower temp than a stock airbox when engine is at full temp. try it.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't get me wrong Paul, thus far I agree with you.
I just didn't think it could be the cause of his problem with the computer.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:07 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Skibum
Don't get me wrong Paul, thus far I agree with you.
I just didn't think it could be the cause of his problem with the computer.
it is difficult to say. on my car it was emissions system that NEVER wanted to settle, even after 300 miles, until i finally got new softronic flash that resets all that crap instantaneously. MAF and O2 sensors readings both contribute to that voodoo.

Quick Reply: CPU "Not Ready" for inspection!