Sponsored by:

911 worshiper

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 02:28 AM
robwebb
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
Ok, ENOUGH ALREADY... pics please! You should know by now, any new car announcement MUST accompany by pics, no special NZ treatment!!!
I can't post pics because I don't have a rennlist member number. They tell me I'll have it in a 'few days'. That was a few days ago. Once I have that you'll be saying, "enough pics already"!
Old 04-20-2012, 02:56 AM
robwebb
Advanced

Ok, ENOUGH ALREADY... pics please! You should know by now, any new car announcement MUST accompany by pics, no special NZ treatment!!!
I am not at all computer savvy. I just uploaded 3 pics though but I cannot see them, can you?
Old 04-20-2012, 03:15 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,028 Likes on 730 Posts

As others have said, you bought yourself excitement and sickness that doesn't fade away overnight. Tosca looks like he already knows that. Not happy knowing he'll never get to ride.

Off topic: First New Zealand contribution I recall so I have to ask of curiosity.....would you drink this or do we get the crumbs that fall off the table? Mostly red for me but when it has to be white this is one of my favorites as long as it's young.
Attached Images  
Old 04-20-2012, 03:56 AM
robwebb
Advanced

Re Tosca. You're right, he doesn't look happy!. He was numero uno until the 911 came along (not really true but try and tell him that!).

Re Cloudy Bay. yes, would drink it in a heart beat. Actually, you guys get the good stuff, it's us that get the crumbs. The export market is much bigger than the local.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:39 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by robwebb
I am not at all computer savvy. I just uploaded 3 pics though but I cannot see them, can you?
Rob,

OK, I'll remove that excuse!

Here are my "can't miss" instructions for posting a pic. These instructions have NEVER failed to help someone post pics, so the pressure is on YOU to keep my string alive!

All words shown in BOLD indicate buttons. If you are just doing a "Quick Reply" you will have to click on Go Advanced button. Then follow the steps below:

Down below the part of the screen where you type the text and below the Submit Reply and the Preview Post buttons, there is a Miscellaneous Options section followed by an Attach Files section.

In the Attach Files section, click on the Manage Attachments button.

You will now get a pop-up window. There are 3 buttons Browse, Upload, and at the bottom of the window, the Close this Window.

If the pics are on your computer, click on one of the Browse buttons and now (in a new pop-up window) you can search on your PC to locate the pic you want to attach. Click on the name of the file you want and then click the Open button. If you want to upload some additional pics, repeat the above process. Now click on the Upload button. After the files have been uploaded, click on the Close this Window button.

If the pics are in a url (web site), in the boxes supplied, type in the addresses where the pics are located. Then click on the Upload button. After the files have been uploaded, click on the Close this Window button.

After you click on the Close this Window, you will be back to the original "message" screen. Your pic file should be listed just above the Manage Attachments button.

If you are finished typing the text, you can click on the Submit Reply button and everyone will be able to see your great looking P-car!

If your pics are too large, you can resize them with MS Paint, or PhotoShop software, or you can do it online at this web site. http://www.resize2mail.com/
Old 04-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Banilej0
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes they uploaded to your album:

https://rennlist.com/forums/members/...lbums-911.html

Gorgeous car, congrats!

Here are the pics:

Old 04-20-2012, 06:14 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Banilej0
Yes they uploaded to your album:

https://rennlist.com/forums/members/...lbums-911.html

Gorgeous car, congrats!

Here are the pics:

Gorgous car... yours is almost like mine! Those wheels are the best wheels offered and specially look amazing on a Gray car.

Speaking of your color... I do not think it's Meteor Gray, mine looks different (at least from pics posted)? Maybe it is indeed Slate Gray one as you initally said?
Old 04-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Fin Fever
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I love that color
Old 04-20-2012, 08:56 PM
robwebb
Advanced

Originally Posted by gota911
Rob,

OK, I'll remove that excuse!

Here are my "can't miss" instructions for posting a pic. These instructions have NEVER failed to help someone post pics, so the pressure is on YOU to keep my string alive!

All words shown in BOLD indicate buttons. If you are just doing a "Quick Reply" you will have to click on Go Advanced button. Then follow the steps below:

Down below the part of the screen where you type the text and below the Submit Reply and the Preview Post buttons, there is a Miscellaneous Options section followed by an Attach Files section.

In the Attach Files section, click on the Manage Attachments button.

You will now get a pop-up window. There are 3 buttons Browse, Upload, and at the bottom of the window, the Close this Window.

If the pics are on your computer, click on one of the Browse buttons and now (in a new pop-up window) you can search on your PC to locate the pic you want to attach. Click on the name of the file you want and then click the Open button. If you want to upload some additional pics, repeat the above process. Now click on the Upload button. After the files have been uploaded, click on the Close this Window button.

If the pics are in a url (web site), in the boxes supplied, type in the addresses where the pics are located. Then click on the Upload button. After the files have been uploaded, click on the Close this Window button.

After you click on the Close this Window, you will be back to the original "message" screen. Your pic file should be listed just above the Manage Attachments button.

If you are finished typing the text, you can click on the Submit Reply button and everyone will be able to see your great looking P-car!

If your pics are too large, you can resize them with MS Paint, or PhotoShop software, or you can do it online at this web site. http://www.resize2mail.com/
Many thanks. I've printed that out and are about to follow your instructions. Hopefully pics about to appear
Old 04-20-2012, 09:15 PM
robwebb
Advanced

Gorgous car... yours is almost like mine! Those wheels are the best wheels offered and specially look amazing on a Gray car.

Speaking of your color... I do not think it's Meteor Gray, mine looks different (at least from pics posted)? Maybe it is indeed Slate Gray one as you initally said?
The paint code is L23F AT and "metallic slate grey" is definitely written on the metal plate attached to the r.h. door frame. Anyway, whatever the color is, I love it! (it was built in Sept 2008)
Old 04-22-2012, 03:12 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

The paint code is L23F AT and "metallic slate grey" is definitely written on the metal plate attached to the r.h. door frame. Anyway, whatever the color is, I love it! (it was built in Sept 2008)
Yup. Definitely Slate Gray! That is indeed interesting, in North America, slate gray was not offered post 2006, and replaced with Meteor Gray, but it looks like for NZ, or maybe for right hand driving cars, it was still offered in 2008.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/cho...del=Cayman%20S
Old 04-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Hudsondds
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For removing the emblem there are two different kinds of floss, a round one which is a lot thicker, which probably won't work. They also make flat floss, which is what I used, with a hair dryer to remove mine. I'm sure you can find this type of floss somewhere around.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,267 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
As others have said, you bought yourself excitement and sickness that doesn't fade away overnight. Tosca looks like he already knows that. Not happy knowing he'll never get to ride.

Off topic: First New Zealand contribution I recall so I have to ask of curiosity.....would you drink this or do we get the crumbs that fall off the table? Mostly red for me but when it has to be white this is one of my favorites as long as it's young.
Ha! Funny you memotion this wine as we drank a bottle of it just this last Friday night. Excellent! We love the New Zealand SBs. Another good one is from Craggy Range. But we're off topic and hijacking the post! Oops.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:35 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Well some progress with a pic. My first question on this forum is how to remove the Carrera 4 enblym. I want to replace it with a simple '911' as per the 911 badge that appears on the 991. I've read about dental floss and a hairdryer but it seems NZ floss isn't strong enough. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance
sheep fleece

joking! congrats, nice car.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:42 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fin Fever
Ah a Puccini aficionado. La Boheme and Madame Butterfly are two of my favorites.

yes, the last act of MB is sublime.

Quick Reply: 911 worshiper