Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Look what came in the mail today ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 09:54 PM
dallascajun
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I created a video of my GTS with and without the SharkWerks Bypass. My take on it is it renders the Bose system obsolete...

Old 05-23-2012, 01:10 PM
TKO
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 46 Posts

Sounds great Dallascajun! Pull that Bose system out
Old 05-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Rich.
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Very nice, Wheels give your car a nice stance. Congrats on the exhaust and new found sound.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,782 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Shoot a PM if you end up at any of the weekend events... would like to hear your exhaust. I recently put AWE mufflers with AWE x-over (center delete) pipes on my 997.2 (base Carrera) and love it. Has a really great rumble and a little burble on throttle lift. NO DRONE and is nearly stock quiet when cruising but has a great sound with WOT.

I heard Tubi prior to selection of AWE and the thing I noticed is: AWE a little deeper and little less loud (but still a ton louder than stock), Tubi a little raspier a little louder than AWE. Both sounded very cool.

Would be nice to hear side-by-side.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:59 AM
Lvt19672
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

What is tire/wheels sizes, also any spacers used? Nice ride
Old 05-24-2012, 01:32 PM
TKO
Racer

Default Sizes

Originally Posted by Lvt19672
What is tire/wheels sizes, also any spacers used? Nice ride
Thank you! Here are the sizes:
Front 19x8.5 ET51 235/35-19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport
Rear 19x11 ET56 305/30-19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport

This fitment was the recommendation of HRE. It requires no spacers and gets the tire face perfectly flush with the sheetmetal.

All the best,
Old 05-25-2012, 06:16 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 844 Likes on 573 Posts

Awesome wheels. Your car is my twin. I'm up in LA but play Coto from time to time. Especially the North course.

Funny enough, I have been mulling those two exact mods. I love the wheels and I'm sure the car sounds great with the Tubi. I was going back and forth with PSE as you have a switch. Any other thoughts on the Tubi?

Congrats!
Old 05-25-2012, 03:08 PM
TKO
Racer

Originally Posted by rodsky
Awesome wheels. Your car is my twin. I'm up in LA but play Coto from time to time. Especially the North course.

Funny enough, I have been mulling those two exact mods. I love the wheels and I'm sure the car sounds great with the Tubi. I was going back and forth with PSE as you have a switch. Any other thoughts on the Tubi?

Congrats!
Rodsky,

I love love love the Tubi! I cannot say enough about it. I understand the PSE is also good but have no experience to compare. If the Tubi had a switch it would ALWAYS be on. There is not a time I would't want it on. Heck my wife even likes it. It makes beautiful music and is never annoying or too much for me. It really 'completes' the car IMO, since sound is a big part of the entire sports car experience. It gives the car a whole new character that no 997 enthusiast should be deprived of. Now everyone go get yourself a Tubi!!! (I have no affiliation with the company)

Rodsky, come on down to the OC anytime and I will let you experience it yourself.

Cheers,

Tom
Old 05-25-2012, 03:12 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by TKO
Rodsky,

I love love love the Tubi! I cannot say enough about it. I understand the PSE is also good but have no experience to compare. If the Tubi had a switch it would ALWAYS be on. There is not a time I would't want it on. Heck my wife even likes it. It makes beautiful music and is never annoying or too much for me. It really 'completes' the car IMO, since sound is a big part of the entire sports car experience. It gives the car a whole new character that no 997 enthusiast should be deprived of. Now everyone go get yourself a Tubi!!! (I have no affiliation with the company)

Rodsky, come on down to the OC anytime and I will let you experience it yourself.

Cheers,

Tom
I was thinking about Tubi as well, decided against it because its more high pitched. I went German and American with Cargraphic & Sharkwerks. I am enjoying it and definitely its a great mod to get away from stock DFI sound. I'll be posting a thread soon with some recordings (however recordings don't do any of these justice).
Old 05-26-2012, 12:39 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 844 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by TKO
Rodsky,

Cheers,

Tom
Thanks Tom! I'll take you up on that. Enjoy your car in good health..

Best

Quick Reply: Look what came in the mail today ...