Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Positive Porsche Experiences vs. The Unfortunate!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by purrybonker
As for me, I will never fail to understand why people willingly toss tens of thousands of $ buying a ridiculous indulgence like a Porsche only to hand wring about maintenance costs and seek affirmation about chosen colour, etc..

WTF people? blow $100k on a set of wheels and think yourself prudent for buying an extended warranty
"I will never fail to understand" is a double negative with the resultant meaning being the exact opposite of the one you evidently intended to convey. And that's the least ignorant thing you said in that rant.

Americia is undoubtedly the strangest place on the planet and in possession of the least creditable sense of value yet conceived.
There I agree (I'm assuming by "Americia" you meant America and not some fictional land you read about in a comic book) and you are quite right, but for all the wrong reasons. Only an idiot would rather spend $5K on a plethora of "minor" repairs than for a warranty that would pay for itself in those "minor" repairs and pay for a catastrophe such as a grenaded engine or knackered gearbox no matter how unlikely. The fact is, despite your blue-collar assumption that affluent people are idiots, most are not. Aside from rappers and lottery-winners, most affluent people tend to have gotten that way by respecting value and making intelligent financial decisions. There's quite a difference between spending one's hard-earned money, and squandering it.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:20 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Palmbeacher;9714953....Only an idiot would rather spend $5K on a plethora of "minor" repairs than for a warranty that would pay for itself in those "minor" repairs [I
and[/I] pay for a catastrophe such as a grenaded engine or knackered gearbox no matter how unlikely....
While we're on the subject of idiots.........

Only an idiot would insure himself against a loss he can readily absorb.

And, furthermore, only an idiot believes that insurance companies are in the business of losing money.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boolala
While we're on the subject of idiots.........

Only an idiot would insure himself against a loss he can readily absorb.

And, furthermore, only an idiot believes that insurance companies are in the business of losing money.
ROFLMAO! You are clearly an expert on idiocy, for the same reason the Pope is an expert on Catholicism. I detest insurance as much as the next guy, but all the money my various extended car warranties have saved me over the years bought me my Porsche.

Quick Reply: Positive Porsche Experiences vs. The Unfortunate!