Sponsored by:

high speed Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by lurchphil
I would recommend Road Force balancing the rear tires. I tried a brand new set of 4 Bridgestone S04 tires and they were so bad that the dealer could not balance them with their Road Force machine. I returned the set to TireRack. They were very professional and returned my payment very quickly. I replaced the tires with a slightly used set of Michelin Super Sports and they are as smooth as silk after Road Force balancing. It can be the tires or just balancing. Good luck!
This is exactly what a very reputable indy suggested to me when I had vibration issues at high speeds after a set of new rear tires installed after a flat tire (Michelin PS2 mixed with already present PSS - not ideal but was in the middle of a 1,600 mile road trip) had to go with the mix. Anyway car was darty as hell at speeds over 90mph and handling pretty much ruined. Went and got an alignment at a shop that had the capability to road force balance. Car has driven perfect since. I was up at 145 mph recently - stable and confidant as ever.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:18 PM
berkangunel
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lurchphil
I would recommend Road Force balancing the rear tires. I tried a brand new set of 4 Bridgestone S04 tires and they were so bad that the dealer could not balance them with their Road Force machine. I returned the set to TireRack. They were very professional and returned my payment very quickly. I replaced the tires with a slightly used set of Michelin Super Sports and they are as smooth as silk after Road Force balancing. It can be the tires or just balancing. Good luck!
It's crazy that even new tires can be bad. I just got the car back yesterday and it's pretty smooth now. Apparently the balancing weight falling while they're washing the car was true. I pushed to 140ish and no vibrations. After all these comments, I will definitely switch to MPSS once I figure out the tire insurance situation.

Thanks guys!
Old 11-04-2016, 08:34 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Your signature doesn't say where your located, but find a hofh-end tire shop that does on-car, high-speed balancing. This accounts for any imbalance in any of the rotating parts (rotors, bearings, etc). I've been doing this on all my cars for 20+ years and it makes them super smooth on the highway at speed.

Quick Reply: high speed Vibrations