Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my Carrera Sports but am disappointed. Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that. If you paid with PayPal try to get you money back. There are a lot of people unscrupulous people on ebay.

One good thing about Craigslist is that you can buy local and see what you're buying. I also believe buying from folks on the forum would be a good choice.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:09 PM
403portside
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 109 Posts

The seller has agreed to undo the transaction but also suggested paying for a fix. I'm generally leaning towards sending them back but am hesitating 1) because they will be a pain to ship and 2) I've had trouble finding a set anywhere (including c-list and the board). Anyone want to sell me a set?
Old 03-06-2012, 07:40 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 403portside
The seller has agreed to undo the transaction but also suggested paying for a fix. I'm generally leaning towards sending them back but am hesitating 1) because they will be a pain to ship and 2) I've had trouble finding a set anywhere (including c-list and the board). Anyone want to sell me a set?
Call WheelEnhancement in Culver City - they always have takeoffs and they won't buy them back unless they are in great shape so the buyer gets a quality product and it's not that far a drive for you to pick up - won't have to worry about shipping. They are great guys to work with.

www.wheelenhancement.com
Old 03-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Call WheelEnhancement in Culver City - they always have takeoffs and they won't buy them back unless they are in great shape so the buyer gets a quality product and it's not that far a drive for you to pick up - won't have to worry about shipping. They are great guys to work with.
Wheel Enhancement is O.K. to deal with IF everything goes well. However, they have misrepresented product that I've bought from them in the past and will not stand behind their screw ups.

Feel free to deal with them, but pay close attention to what you are buying.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:30 PM
billh1963
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by 403portside
Get them fixed. If you have had trouble finding them you may wind up going through this again!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by billh1963
Get them fixed. If you have had trouble finding them you may wind up going through this again!
+1
Old 03-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,047 Likes on 539 Posts

Update: a place called wheel techniques in santa clara does machine polish and will charge 150 per rim.
Get an agreement from the seller that you will try the above approach. If, however, the repair shop finds other problems or for some reason they can't repair the wheels then you get a refund. This puts the seller on center stage. You don't want a set of wheels that have been gouged, ground down, filled with JB Weld and painted over. You also want a straight set.

There's no reason for you to accept exposure for this deal.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:53 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

$1500 for a set of Carrera Sports is a bargain. Get the lips refinished yourself and you're still ahead of the curve on price. If the seller contributes, it's a no brainer.

Be patient. Will be worth it when they're on the car and you've got the extra money in the bank and they look mint.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Aerokitted
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You live in car rich SF. There will be plenty of shops on hand who are well equipped to examine and refurbish your wheels.

I'm really bummed that you have to go through this because I can feel exactly how psyched you were to get some shiny new shoes put on your sweet 911.

I think your sports would really pop painted gloss black with a silver pinstripe like they offer from the factory. get some of those factory black centercaps with gold crest on them and it'll look smart.

good luck!

Quick Reply: Got my Carrera Sports but am disappointed. Please help.