Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like I am back in business...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 10:07 AM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Very nice! you held out and it paid off - congrats.

Compression test on a low mile 07 car? I thought this was 993 territory only. how "invasive" is a compression test? how is it done?

just curious, what were the compression results and what did the entire ppi cost?
Old 03-05-2012, 02:27 PM
chinole
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on your new ride. Was PPI really necessary since yours is CPO?
Who is the rep? There's a car there that's on my crosshairs...
Btw, don't forget to bring radar on your drive home to CO...
Old 03-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Aquary
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After trying to buy a 2007 997 S from Porsche of Colorado Springs (did not pass PPI), it looks like I have found the right car at Porsche of San Diego.

I had a PPI done by Black Forest Automotive... they were very helpful, DME, compression test, the whole shooting match came out very nice and clean. Hence, I am picking her up on Friday and will drive from San Diego to Denver... should be fun!
Congrats - sharp looking car.

This brings up a question I've had as I start my own search for a 997. If you're looking for a car that's for sale at a Porsche dealership, do you always want to take it to a DIFFERENT Porsche dealership, or independent, for the PPI...? (i.e. don't have the dealership that's selling the car, even if it's a Porsche dealer, do the inspection on a car they're trying to sell).
Old 03-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

^ I'd say your pretty safe having the P dealer do the PPI.

Dont over think it.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PasPar2
Very nice! you held out and it paid off - congrats.

Compression test on a low mile 07 car? I thought this was 993 territory only. how "invasive" is a compression test? how is it done?

just curious, what were the compression results and what did the entire ppi cost?
Not sure how invasive the compression test is... dont have the test results with me, but I believe it showed up as 200 everywhere.

PPI was $265
Old 03-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chinole
Congrats on your new ride. Was PPI really necessary since yours is CPO?
Who is the rep? There's a car there that's on my crosshairs...
Btw, don't forget to bring radar on your drive home to CO...
I did the PPI since I couldnt have anybody check the car out for me... much rather have an independent person spend some time with the car for me, so I can talk to him re overall condition of the car and get some honest and open feedback... also, it did show some very minor issues with the car that the dealer now can handle prior to me taking ownership.

I worked with a gentleman named Chris Huck... he has been very professional and responsive.

Will definitely bring the Passport with me!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Aquary
Congrats - sharp looking car.

This brings up a question I've had as I start my own search for a 997. If you're looking for a car that's for sale at a Porsche dealership, do you always want to take it to a DIFFERENT Porsche dealership, or independent, for the PPI...? (i.e. don't have the dealership that's selling the car, even if it's a Porsche dealer, do the inspection on a car they're trying to sell).
my last car I bought CPO from a Porsche dealer and I didnt have a PPI done... I went that route at that time since a fellow Rennlister checked the car out for me in detail and drove it. I couldnt do that here, so felt the $$ spent on a PPI was well worth it to get piece of mind that the car is as the dealer is representing it to be. Also, gives me a better feeling prior to hopping on a plane and flying a thousand mile to pick up a car that you have never seen.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Rhody
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Dutchie... thanks for the info. I apologize if you stated and i missed, but would you mind sharing how much you paid and the original asking price? You can DM me if you prefer not to share more broadly.

I'm in the market for a similar 997.1 I emailed with the CO dealership regarding the blue 997.1 that you mentioned, but i didn't have the time to follow up much.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:37 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Aquary
Yes, get an Indy to do the PPI. My p-dealer insisted that a PPI from an Indy was unnecessary since the car was still under warranty plus CPO. "No need to worry... it's covered by warrant... blah, blah, blah!" The Indy found a leaking RMS and broken tailpipe. Don't trust the dealer... you want someone working for you and not the dealer on your side. BTW, I still bought the car but had the p-dealer replace the RMS and tailpipe upfront and negotiated another $1K off the originally agreed to price. The Indy is worth the peace of mind, savings for non-warranty items(tailpipe/$600 in my case) and negotiating position.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rhody
Dutchie... thanks for the info. I apologize if you stated and i missed, but would you mind sharing how much you paid and the original asking price? You can DM me if you prefer not to share more broadly.

I'm in the market for a similar 997.1 I emailed with the CO dealership regarding the blue 997.1 that you mentioned, but i didn't have the time to follow up much.
Paid $54.7 for car with CPO
Old 03-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mgordon18
Beautiful car, Dutchie! Make sure they give you a new rear emblem before you pick it up. Your "C" is broken off!
mgordon,

Thanks again for spotting this... dealer confirmed that they will be replacing the emblem.

Quick Reply: Looks like I am back in business...