Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: PRG - what do you think?
Great color - I would own one.
49.09%
Great color but I wouldnt own one.
28.18%
Are you insane?!
22.73%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

your thoughts on Porsche Racing Green...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 29 Posts

In 44 years of driving I have had the privilege to own 30 cars. I've had just about every basic color other than black. I can state unequivocally that in my area birds will fly out of their normal flight path to poop on a green car. I couldn't go four hours after washing the thing before I was out there with a paper tool and window cleaner cleaning the latest deposit from the car. I felt that I was in a remake of Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds".

Buy whatever color YOU like, but don't say you weren't warned.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:47 AM
hpowders
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love Porsches in green! Got a great price on my Forest Green.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:23 AM
MrSelfDestruct
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Nope, nope, nope!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Bullitt44
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I am a fan. Classic! The color is very deep in person.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
only thing I hate worse than racing greeen?

beige interior.... looks so 90s to me

no offense to those that disagree, or own otherwise
Wow! This coming from someone is clearly not shy about color!!! (I'm biased but I love the color of your car. Hopefully, someday we'll get a picture of yours and mine side-by-side.)

And as long as the OP asked about PRG, if you like it get it. I owned a SY C2S and plenty of people didn't really care for that color. I loved it though so I didn't care what anyone else thought.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:21 PM
hpowders
Rennlist Member

MrSelfDestruct wounds me.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:23 PM
hpowders
Rennlist Member

Bullitt44 cheers me.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Having had a 914-6 and the current Carrera S in racing green I never have had issue's with the BIG BIRD POO. I am sure living in So Calif has something to do with it since we have few birds anyway! Love the color!
Old 03-18-2012, 06:22 PM
fayraree
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts

I've never understood dark green cars. I can understand an outrageous kermit-green GT3 RS or Lambo, but not a trying-to-be-serious dark green metallic paint. I guess I'd accept it on a Jaguar for some reason, but not anything else.

My $0.02.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:40 PM
orange260z
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I recently purchased on '09 PRG C2S launch car. Although I wasn't particularly engaged by the color from the photos, I decided to go check the car out as it wasn't too far from me. I've never owned a green car, but this color combo "had me at hello"!

I found it was perfect for me - as a summer daily driver, and with a conservative (government) employer, I was not looking for a "look at me" color; rather, I was mainly shopping for silver/grey/white cars. I find this color to be discreet, yet very rich and out of the ordinary. I would have preferred Natural Brown over the Sand Beige, and a two-tone interior with a black dash top, door tops, and grips (steering wheel, shift ****, parking brake, door handles) to avoid the reflections and discoloration that happens with the light color.

Mine is particularly well-equipped for a C2S launch, with PDK. SC+, Nav, Bose, XM, ipod, Bluetooth, full leather, full power heated/ventilated seats, colored centre caps, and PDLS. So far I've really enjoyed the car, and have received a lot of compliments on the color from "civilians" and PCA member alike.

Now if I could just do something about that damned quiet exhaust...
Old 10-26-2015, 11:34 PM
F308gt4
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by orange260z
I recently purchased on '09 PRG C2S launch car. Although I wasn't particularly engaged by the color from the photos, I decided to go check the car out as it wasn't too far from me. I've never owned a green car, but this color combo "had me at hello"!

I found it was perfect for me - as a summer daily driver, and with a conservative (government) employer, I was not looking for a "look at me" color; rather, I was mainly shopping for silver/grey/white cars. I find this color to be discreet, yet very rich and out of the ordinary. I would have preferred Natural Brown over the Sand Beige, and a two-tone interior with a black dash top, door tops, and grips (steering wheel, shift ****, parking brake, door handles) to avoid the reflections and discoloration that happens with the light color.

Mine is particularly well-equipped for a C2S launch, with PDK. SC+, Nav, Bose, XM, ipod, Bluetooth, full leather, full power heated/ventilated seats, colored centre caps, and PDLS. So far I've really enjoyed the car, and have received a lot of compliments on the color from "civilians" and PCA member alike.

Now if I could just do something about that damned quiet exhaust...
Congratulations on the new PRG 997! Mine suffers from the same quiet exhaust...

Post some pics in the green 997 thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...97-thread.html
Old 10-26-2015, 11:35 PM
ghostcow
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Orange260z- I agree, loving mine, not my first choice color but now really like it, changes look a great deal depending on the light. Also, it splits the difference between really loud colors and the basic black/white/silver (love those but too common for me). The exhaust note...must be changed, just need to suck it up and get it done, maybe in the spring.
Cheers
Old 06-01-2016, 10:14 PM
orange260z
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Updated pic with new Carrera Sport wheels.
Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2016, 11:05 PM
ghostcow
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, saturation is turned up a wee bit but....
Old 06-02-2016, 06:20 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostcow
Orange260z- I agree, loving mine, not my first choice color but now really like it, changes look a great deal depending on the light. Also, it splits the difference between really loud colors and the basic black/white/silver (love those but too common for me). The exhaust note...must be changed, just need to suck it up and get it done, maybe in the spring.
Cheers
Wow, PRG is really looking great in these photos. Really love it. And I agree, it's a nice change from the technical, and more common, colors. I wonder which green that old 911 that Porsche was using for its print ads a couple of years ago, was. There are two old 911s around here in that color; they always blow me away when I see them driving by.

Do the Fister exhaust and Sharkwerks bypass. It's really not a hard job to swap those on, especially if you do them both at once. Entirely different animal with just those two mods. Really, you shouldn't waste another mile without the true sounds of your car coming through.

Quick Reply: your thoughts on Porsche Racing Green...