Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default NOV 2011 Sales

Here ya go!
Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2011, 11:59 PM
docfink
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

That Cayenne sure makes the world go round...
Old 12-02-2011, 12:09 AM
swajames
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Struggling to understand why Porsche isn't doing more to shift Panameras and also why the Cayenne is still in such short supply. Our local dealers hardly seem to have any inventory, I suspect Porsche could sell even more if supply eased a little. As for the Panamera, I suspect it's starting to suffer from its overly aggressive pricing - the Cayenne is a much better value.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
Struggling to understand why Porsche isn't doing more to shift Panameras and also why the Cayenne is still in such short supply. Our local dealers hardly seem to have any inventory, I suspect Porsche could sell even more if supply eased a little. As for the Panamera, I suspect it's starting to suffer from its overly aggressive pricing - the Cayenne is a much better value.
I suspect the Panamera is starting to suffer from its overly aggressive hideousness.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:24 PM
JLHendrix
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mbiondo
I suspect the Panamera is starting to suffer from its overly aggressive hideousness.
Have to agree. My girlfriend loved them until I remarked that it reminded me of a bloated Crossfire.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

For the US, I do not think there is much demand for a luxury cruiser that is most appreciated at 150mph. Luxury sedans are expected to spacious and plush, no so much sporty. The A8 and S class have that pretty well covered.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:40 PM
steph280
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the reason why we aren't seeing enough Cayenne supply is because most have ended up in China where they can be sold for 3x the price, and are in high demand. I'd suspect the factory is maxed out trying to crank out as many as they can, since the wait for custom order now sits at 4 months.

We've been looking for a V6 and the only inventory around are heavily loaded ones, and even those are getting scarce.

Trending Topics

Old 12-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Every time I see a Panamera on the road (as opposed to sitting still in a showroom) I like how they look coming and going, and am even more impressed after getting a chance to drive one. A non-Porsche owning friend really likes them. TEHO, I know.....

Originally Posted by steph280
I'd suspect the factory is maxed out trying to crank out as many as they can.....
That's what I read somewhere....they are at full capacity.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Davidoconn
Advanced

I think the reason why we aren't seeing enough Cayenne supply is because most have ended up in China where they can be sold for 3x the price, and are in high demand. I'd suspect the factory is maxed out trying to crank out as many as they can, since the wait for custom order now sits at 4 months.

We've been looking for a V6 and the only inventory around are heavily loaded ones, and even those are getting scarce.
Absolutely true. The first 991's are heavily allocated to Asia also.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
As for the Panamera, I suspect it's starting to suffer from its overly aggressive pricing - the Cayenne is a much better value.
Perhaps, but I drove them back to back and I came away really impressed with the Panamera, while the Cayenne just felt like another bloated SUV. Our X3 is a better drive than the Cayenne, imo.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:07 PM
mander
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Selo
Perhaps, but I drove them back to back and I came away really impressed with the Panamera, while the Cayenne just felt like another bloated SUV. Our X3 is a better drive than the Cayenne, imo.
+1. In 09 when I wanted to replace my 01 S4 Avant I drove a bunch of smaller performance SUVs. The Cayenne felt pretty much like all the rest. The center of gravity is just too high on those things for me. Ended up with a 09C4S but have been quite impressed with the Panamera when I have had it as a loaner.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:15 PM
jakes dad
Racer

Everybody has an opinion and mine is that it may be suffering from the pricing but certainly not because it's ugly...
I think they hit a home run with that car... the right color and the right wheels on that car and their are not many cars that can compete...

I'd love to have one in my garage... I took the 911 in for service and they sent me out the door with a loaner Panamera... It was the six cylinder but it was still a rocket and just plain beautiful...

In my opinion....
Old 12-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

I drove the Panamera 4 and I expected it to be kind of a dog, but I found the power to be more than adequate. Just can't justify the price when a fully loaded 528 or 535 xdrive comes in at $30,000 less, while I also will have a new GTS cab in the garage. I think the Panamera is an awesome car for someone who wants a 911 but just can't do it for reasons of practicality..
Old 12-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Lol, i love Porsches but just can't like the Panamera, it just so damn ugly.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

You may want to check out the Touareg. Of course, it does not have the Porsche badge and the T is configured more for comfort rather than handling, it has the the same V6 and same 8 speed auto. Available and a lot cheaper too. I am thinking of replacing my 535 with a new Touareg TDI as my DD.

Quick Reply: NOV 2011 Sales