Sponsored by:

Haters!! Venting...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Ish993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TommyV44

Class warfare is at the bottom of this and this administration is fueling that fire! But I guess our thought process is what makes this happen...thanks for the heads up!
Good point, and this is EXACTLY why we rich guys need our own lanes on the roads that the poor people can't use, heck I say separate highways, that way they can't even see how cool are cars are !
Old 10-26-2011, 12:15 PM
ashbad66
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ish993
Good point, and this is EXACTLY why we rich guys need our own lanes on the roads that the poor people can't use, heck I say separate highways, that way they can't even see how cool are cars are !
Be patient. The poor and middle class will soon be unable to afford to drive. Then you will have the roads to yourself.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:50 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like Arizona
Old 10-26-2011, 01:12 PM
JLHendrix
Instructor

Originally Posted by ashbad66
Be patient. The poor and middle class will soon be unable to afford to drive. Then you will have the roads to yourself.
Nicely done!
Old 10-26-2011, 01:12 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Do you know how HARD it is to buy anything made OUTSIDE of CHINA these days???
ABSOLUTELY! But, with a bit of effort you can manage to maybe start moving away.

The perfect example was me trying to find a better Tire Pressure gauge, the most recommended was "Longacre", I almost bought it, but before pulling the trigger I emailed and asked where was it made, they said "Made in Asia" and used a lame excuse as "the best products are no longer made in US"... so I searched around and found an AMAZING Tire Pressure Gauge by Mittle Brothers (Tanner Racing) at the same price and I just bought that last night!

I've just become more concious, like before picking up an item, I look at "where it's made" and try to support local businesses, and although 80% of the time I have no other alternative, whenever I got a choice I DO make that a criteria for purchase. When and if most people become more concious of that, and maybe start moving that 20% of items toward local products we can collectively move the needle!
Old 10-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Dan had a different opinion that you, as do I....it doesn't mean he thought about it any less.

Class warfare is at the bottom of this and this administration is fueling that fire! But I guess our thought process is what makes this happen...thanks for the heads up!
Didn't realize "class warriors" were riding around telling Asian-Americans "to go back to their own country". Interesting hypothesis, but not fully thought out; I think you may have prejudices mixed up. Besides, this indignation over "class warfare" is a red herring intended to over-simplify a complicated issue. How is it class warfare to point out that some of our problems arise from the excesses of Wall Street and the undeniable growing disparity of wealth in the country, but it's not class warfare to blame those problems on people who have lost their homes, people without jobs, union members, immigrants, etc.? Pure hypocrisy.

Again, as a fellow citizen, my regrets to the OP for what he experienced.

Last edited by Mike in CA; 10-26-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:35 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Didn't realize "class warriors" were riding around telling Asian-Americans "to go back to their own country". Interesting hypothesis, but not fully thought out; I think you have your prejudices mixed up. Besides, this whole "class warfare" mantra is a sound bite intended to over-simplify a complicated issue. How is pointing out that some of our problems arise from the excesses of Wall Street and the undeniable growing disparity of wealth in the country class warfare, but blaming people who have lost their homes, people without jobs, union members, immigrants, etc. is not class warfare? Pure hypocrisy.

+1
Old 10-26-2011, 02:46 PM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
People have been ******** to Porsche drivers long before any "perceived" class warfare or this "administration" as you put it.

Why dont we keep politics to the crazy section.
+1000000
Old 10-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Ish993
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ashbad66
My post was sarcastic !
Old 10-26-2011, 07:36 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 476 Likes on 273 Posts

Didn't realize "class warriors" were riding around telling Asian-Americans "to go back to their own country". Interesting hypothesis, but not fully thought out; I think you may have prejudices mixed up. Besides, this indignation over "class warfare" is a red herring intended to over-simplify a complicated issue. How is pointing out that some of our problems arise from the excesses of Wall Street and the undeniable growing disparity of wealth in the country class warfare, but blaming people who have lost their homes, people without jobs, union members, immigrants, etc. is not class warfare? Pure hypocrisy.

Asian Americans driving Porsches....that sheds a little bit of a different light on it.

Tell me exactly what the disparity in wealth does so I understand the this bizarre concept. If I have more money than you or vice versa how exactly is that a problem for the person with less????

Like a typical liberal that holds up straw men no one is blaming the people without jobs, union members etc. It's the people that use these people to advance their flawed ideology that are the problem....if the shoe fits.......
Old 10-26-2011, 07:42 PM
JLHendrix
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ish993
My post was sarcastic !
Got it the second time. And I am with you. I wasnt sure given the number of truly absurd and ignorant reactionary statements made by other posters who would use this OP's unfortunate experience to launch into to parnoid attacks on the current administration.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:04 PM
JLHendrix
Instructor

Didn't realize "class warriors" were riding around telling Asian-Americans "to go back to their own country". Interesting hypothesis, but not fully thought out; I think you may have prejudices mixed up. Besides, this indignation over "class warfare" is a red herring intended to over-simplify a complicated issue. How is it class warfare to point out that some of our problems arise from the excesses of Wall Street and the undeniable growing disparity of wealth in the country, but it's not class warfare to blame those problems on people who have lost their homes, people without jobs, union members, immigrants, etc.? Pure hypocrisy.

Amen and Amen
Old 10-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Asian Americans driving Porsches....that sheds a little bit of a different light on it........
If by that you mean that now you understand that the idiots who accosted the OP and his family were engaging in racist behavior and not class warfare, as you originally suggested, then ok. Otherwise, I have no idea what you mean when you talk about Asian Americans and Porsches or say "that sheds a different light".

Tell me exactly what the disparity in wealth does so I understand the this bizarre concept. If I have more money than you or vice versa how exactly is that a problem for the person with less????
The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office released figures just today which show that real after tax incomes of the top 1% of households rose 275% between 1979 and 2007. During the same period the average income increase of all other households ranged from 18% to 65%. If you don't get why, on a societal level, not just between two individuals, that might be a problem, then I can only assume you haven't read much history.

Like a typical liberal that holds up straw men no one is blaming the people without jobs, union members etc. It's the people that use these people to advance their flawed ideology that are the problem....if the shoe fits.......
First of all, I'm not a typical anything, and I wouldn't insult you by suggesting something similar. Second, are you serious about your "no one is blaming..." statement ? Apparently you don't watch or listen to "news" and political commentary on Fox or conservative talk radio, or pay attention to what the current crop of Presidential hopefuls are saying. But you do seem to have the general methodology down. A guy and his family get accosted on the freeway by racist jerks and the first thought that comes into your head is to indignantly blame the "administration" which is, according to you, stirring up "class warfare". Really, you shouldn't preach about straw men; pot calling the kettle and all that......

Last edited by Mike in CA; 10-26-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:16 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 587 Posts

Totally agree on both fronts
Old 10-26-2011, 10:27 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 476 Likes on 273 Posts

If by that you mean that now you understand that the idiots who accosted the OP and his family were engaging in racist behavior and not class warfare, as you originally suggested, then ok. Otherwise, I have no idea what you mean when you talk about Asian Americans and Porsches or say "that sheds a different light".

The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office released figures just today which show that real after tax incomes of the top 1% of households rose 275% between 1979 and 2007. During the same period the average income of all other households rose 18%. If you don't get why, on a societal level, not just between two individuals, that might be a problem, then I can only assume you haven't read much history.

First of all, I'm not a typical anything, and I wouldn't insult you by suggesting something similar. Second, are you serious about your "no one is blaming..." statement ? Apparently you don't watch or listen to "news" and political commentary on Fox or conservative talk radio, or pay attention to what the current crop of Presidential hopefuls are saying. But you do seem to have the general methodology down. A guy and his family get accosted on the freeway by racist jerks and the first thought that comes into your head is to indignantly blame the "administration" which is, according to you, stirring up "class warfare". Really, you shouldn't preach about straw men; pot calling the kettle and all that......
I'm going to try once more although it's been my experience that arguing with a liberal is a waste of time.

First, how can you be so sure that the OP wasn't subjected to this diatribe and abuse because he was driving an expensive car.....couldn't that have been the case? Or are your opinions the facts? Unless you a totally dishonest that has to be a possibility! It's also interesting that your first thoughts go to racism and that never even occurred to me....just something to think about my friend.

Secondly, who cares about how much people make or don't make? In this great country everyone can be successful if that's what you want. you work for it it's yours. Everyone has the same opportunities! This administration vilifies success and that's un-American and it results in the asinine demonstrations going on all over the country. If you don't like where you are look in the mirror and blame that guy....because he's responsible.....period.

Thirdly, if you don't see that this administration is engaging in class warfare then I truly don't know what to say. Maybe describing people who make $200,000 a year as millionaires and billionaires seems honest to you but most people in this country can recognize a lie when they hear it. Suggesting to people that this jobs bill is the answer to our jobs crisis and if your against it you're against jobs isn't an honest description of the opposing viewpoint is it? Aren't you embarrassed by this?

The problem with liberals, besides their flawed ideas, pure and simple is they just don't tell the truth....period!

Quick Reply: Haters!! Venting...