Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experienced Road Rage in my Porsche...DAMAGE

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 02:52 AM
sid_vicious
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too would say at least set your insurance company on him, and spend a little time following up with the police to make sure they pursue this issue. At the end of the day, your time is worth something, and clearly worth more than wasting it on this f*head, but i think it is worthwhile to keep on the police to actually do something. I can tell you from personal experience here in San Francisco where petty crime/public nuseance has been tolerated and unpunished for so long that there is little left as a deterent. These guys need to understand there are consequences to their actions. Next time, he might do something much worse than throw coins. I realize it's easier for me to say than for you to do.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
does Porsche offer a "side mounted AR-15 Option" yet???
No...but mine has an "Aftermarket" mod..it's called my Kimber TLE/Rl .45!

Last edited by Musclehedz101; 09-10-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:18 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Some Option Codes available in TX:
(1911) - Dan Wesson V-Bob
(SB 378) - Castle Doctrine Extended to Vehicle and Place of Business. As of 01SEP07 your car is considered your castle and you have the right to defend yourself... sound judgment required to implement this option. Someone throwing quarters or ice from a big gulp does not warrant automatic use of these options. Leverage the authorities and your insurance policy to prosecute this type of misdemeanors. But imagine if someone were to throw a lite cigarette at you right now... with 190 active fires in TX right now a half dozen sheriff's car would be on 'em in no time.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:34 PM
gonz911
Pro

I would figure what it's going to cost you in terms of dollars and emotions and figure what it's worth. Take it to your insurance to handle.

I had a guy try and run me off the highway when i was in the fast lane and to the left was a deep gutter. I was doing about 75 MPH and in my S/C M3 'Vert. The guy pulled over with his wife in the and it was all I could do to not fight him. He stayed in the car and we both called the police. Turned out the chump was employed with an organization supporting the police dept. At the end of the day they refused to cite him because it was his word against mine. Now figure the front right fender of my car was damaged, as was his left rear quarter panel. I filed a complaint against the officer and nothing happened. My insurance company charged me my deductible for the repair, they investigated, and I prevailed!

Good luck!

Originally Posted by RennlistTomE
Today it's coins.
Tomorrow it's batteries or ball bearings or rocks. Then it's a full-on side swipe.
As I wrote on the other board, this is an assault.
The coins hit your window, right?
Get them to file.
Let your insurance company file the civil case.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:10 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Get a blackbox for your car... no dispute if you have it on video.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

I agree with those saying pursue it. But its a hard call when it's "you" and you have to weigh getting involved with this cretan. I understand the hesitancy.

If it happened to me. I'd have a complaint filed against him for appropriate criminal charges and push for this and if the damage was substantial I'd pursue him for my deductible but...I'm an attorney so the legal fee is right.

This guy clearly was a jacka$$. Beyond damage he caused he could have caused an accident resulting in injury. This guy and neanderthals like him need to understand decent people aren't going to tolerate his bullchit.

He clearly is known to the authorities and his record likely colorful therefore he will not be seen as the most credible witness. Meanwhile, you called it in immediately, the damage is fresh damage, your wife witnessed it. I think you will win the credibility battle.

You may never collect from him but it's the principle.

MHO.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Since you know who it is, burn his trailer down. You might need some extra gas if it's double-wide.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:23 PM
acao
Racer

If you have his plate, you can get his address easily enough.

Start ordering Playgirls to his house with the "Bill Me Later" option. Nonstop.

Post his address on Craigslist as the host of a swinger's party.

Purchase an "exotic" personals ad and use his phone # as the contact.

Purchase an ad for a phone sex line and use his # as the contact.

Use his name and address for every reply card you come across.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:09 AM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pursue it.

Lowlifes like him are counting on you doing nothing about it.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:33 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 831 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
Some Option Codes available in TX:
(1911) - Dan Wesson V-Bob
(SB 378) - Castle Doctrine Extended to Vehicle and Place of Business. As of 01SEP07 your car is considered your castle and you have the right to defend yourself... sound judgment required to implement this option. Someone throwing quarters or ice from a big gulp does not warrant automatic use of these options. Leverage the authorities and your insurance policy to prosecute this type of misdemeanors. But imagine if someone were to throw a lite cigarette at you right now... with 190 active fires in TX right now a half dozen sheriff's car would be on 'em in no time.
I agree...I love Texas and its gun laws. One of the 1st things I did after being assigned her was to get my CCL. Just waiting for them to pass a nationwide CCL reciprocity law and I am good to go!

I'd say have the insurance folks go after him depending on the damage. Try the police again and send copies to the insurance folks also for them to press it. It was only coins this time but next time it could be rocks, a brick, or maybe worse!
Originally Posted by Musclehedz101
No...but mine has an "Aftermarket" mod..it's called my Kimber TLE/Rl .45!
Say hello to MY little friends! Depending on what i am driving its like American Express...."don't leave home without it!" OR maybe those EF Hutton commercials..."when they talk; people listen!"

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 12-22-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:34 PM
csorrows
Instructor

I'm a vindictive SOB, so if it were me, I'd press for criminal charges, but I'd also file a civil suit against him. I'd hire the best lawyer I could to hound the guy relentlessly. I'd make sure it cost him thousands in legal fees (even if it cost me also) to defend himself. I wouldn't even care if I ever got a dime out of the guy. My only goal would be to cost him thousands defending against the lawsuit.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:50 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

997 Defender Model(Option)... sunroof required for convenient access.
- AR-15 with 6 position collapsible stock
- 18" barrel in 6.8mm SPEC II with 1:11 twist... so you can touch someone
- Mono Upper with Continuous Optic Platform
- Euro optic with 1-4x magnification and illuminated recticle and 30mm tube... usable day or night
- Back up iron sights JIC
- Quick Release for OVA(off vehicle application)
- Magazine Capacity: 25 max(not shown in pic)... 5 round mag for those in Cali
- Color: completely black
- Conceal Carry n/a
- Zombie certified and Al-Quaeda(since 9/11)...
Attachment 565562Attachment 565563

Last edited by USMC_DS1; 03-20-2012 at 03:35 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:38 PM
mattyf
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

mdrobc1213 - While I'm certainly no expert, I'm also no newbie at the range either. You might be anticipating recoil, since your shots look consistently low.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Viperbob1
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd be more concerned that if no bag on ejection port and open sunroof maybe a little interesting. Is the Fire Control tied into the PASM? Could then take into account pitch and yaw for better accuracy.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:40 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Thanks for the input as it's still in concept phase. Fixed mount points on the Porsche roof rack with a POI centered at 25M ahead of vehicle might be ideal to allow for distance/time to maneuver around debris path. Hardwired trigger system located off the steering wheel would be ideal for the road warrior type. Haha... Of course, this is all conceptual.

Quick Reply: Experienced Road Rage in my Porsche...DAMAGE