Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 Exhausts: clips and where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 08:30 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 443 Posts
Default 997.2 Exhausts: clips and where to buy?

Hey guys.
Looking to replace my PSE which I had on my previous C2S which I recently traded for C4S. Loved the PSE for it being OEM and sound was better than OEM exhaust but didn't like having to push the button every time I drove the car. It was actually the second thing I became accustomed to doing after starting the car...push Sport button and push PSE button before driving the old car.

So am looking at options. So far I've heard from those who say Tubi and some who say go back to PSE but am sure there are others (Borla, Cargraphic, etc). Had AWE on my previous 997.1 also and Fabspeed on my 09 Boxster so am aware of their presence in the market too. I've done the obligatory Rennlist "exhaust" searches so before folks throw darts at me...here''s what I'd like from you guys.

1) Experience with either exhaust above? Drone? Reliability? Noise level? Satisfaction? Disatisfaction? Any why?
2) Expected/estimated price paid?
3) Most importantly where did you guys find your exhaust from?

I got my Fabspeed on my Boxster by driving up to their shop in PA, same with AWE but since I am now in the SW US that's not an option. So to say "Tubi is awesome" is great but how to procure one is also helpful especially if you've had great experiences with some shop or retailer or sponsor! C'mon share the wealth/experience and lets support those who support us best! Sound clips or links to them if you have em (some of you guys have extensive personal clips of your cars and DE's) are appreciated IF you mind sharing.

Thanks
Rob
Old 08-28-2011, 08:43 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Tubi sounds a lot like PSE...so if you liked PSE them you will love Tubi.

Just order Tubi from Sharkwerks...they are a Rennlist sponsor and very well know and you will have no issues from them.....order it and bolt it on.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:06 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

PM me your email and I'll send you a video clip
Old 09-01-2011, 02:46 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Hey guys.
Looking to replace my PSE which I had on my previous C2S which I recently traded for C4S. Loved the PSE for it being OEM and sound was better than OEM exhaust but didn't like having to push the button every time I drove the car. It was actually the second thing I became accustomed to doing after starting the car...push Sport button and push PSE button before driving the old car.

So am looking at options. So far I've heard from those who say Tubi and some who say go back to PSE but am sure there are others (Borla, Cargraphic, etc). Had AWE on my previous 997.1 also and Fabspeed on my 09 Boxster so am aware of their presence in the market too. I've done the obligatory Rennlist "exhaust" searches so before folks throw darts at me...here''s what I'd like from you guys.

1) Experience with either exhaust above? Drone? Reliability? Noise level? Satisfaction? Disatisfaction? Any why?
2) Expected/estimated price paid?
3) Most importantly where did you guys find your exhaust from?

I got my Fabspeed on my Boxster by driving up to their shop in PA, same with AWE but since I am now in the SW US that's not an option. So to say "Tubi is awesome" is great but how to procure one is also helpful especially if you've had great experiences with some shop or retailer or sponsor! C'mon share the wealth/experience and lets support those who support us best! Sound clips or links to them if you have em (some of you guys have extensive personal clips of your cars and DE's) are appreciated IF you mind sharing.

Thanks
Rob
Hi Rob we have a slightly use Tubi 997.2 if you're interested? Also in terms of tips the only options are either the TechArt or Tubi.

Tubi
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=305

TechArt
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=87

And the exhaust:
Old 09-01-2011, 10:13 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
Hi Rob we have a slightly use Tubi 997.2 if you're interested? Also in terms of tips the only options are either the TechArt or Tubi.
Damn, Alex, you beat me too it! I was going to tell Rob to call you about the used Tubi set you have.

Oh by the way, the by-pass pipes arrived at the office today, one day early! They will be going on the car on Sunday. Thanks, again for all of your help!

Going to pick up the car tomorrow.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:32 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster

Tubi
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=305

TechArt
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=87

And the exhaust:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnfS9...layer_embedded
Wow...sounds amazing. PM me with details on the exhaust. Will add it to my recon and research it more. What are you selling it for? Is it a direct bolt on replacement? What about CEL? Will my stock tips fit as I note you mention Tubi or TechArt as the prefered replacements. Are these the only options? Thanks for the post. Rob
Old 09-03-2011, 06:44 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Rob:

I have a C2S ('09") that I have the Sharkwerks center muffler by pass on. I have had it on for over 2 years and 23,000 miles and still love it. It is ten lbs lighter then the center muffler it replaces, has great sound ( ask the people at the Porsche Center) gives me aprox 10 more usable Hp and there is absolutely no drone in the cockpit at any RPM yet when you step on the throttle a great sound to go with the slight power increase. Installation was easy and I did not even lift the car. Quality is outstanding.... and did I say you take off weight at the far rear of the car. Be happy to show it to you. Jack
Old 09-03-2011, 07:54 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Rob,

Jack (f4 plt) lives near S.A. Take him up on his offer.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Exhausts: clips and where to buy?